MSRC March 5th-6th

Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
Tooner
Club Member
Club Member
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Re: MSRC March 5th-6th

Post by Tooner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:11 am

Sconway wrote:I am new here and will be there for the Ridesmart 101 Sunday and the level 1 on Monday. I am on a silver and red street triple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good, see you there
Shane
Current ride and track: 2009 CBR 1000rr
2018 crf450r

nitzer
Achievement count: 8

Post by nitzer » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:24 pm

How's the weather?
- Derek
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (SOLD)
2003 Suzuki SV650S (SOLD)
2008 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor (Street)

Winning hearts and minds...two the heart, one to the mind.

Tooner
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Tooner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:50 pm

nitzer wrote:How's the weather?
It started out as a slow drizzle with high hopes that it would improve. By 2:00 it was looking better than it had been but still wet. They called everyone in to the class and said that they had hauled 14 bikes off the track at that point and thought it would be better to call it a day. Partial refunds were promised. Hope it will be better tomorrow on the 1.7 track.
Shane
2018 crf450r

turismon
Ride Leader in Training
Ride Leader in Training
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 7

Post by turismon » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:22 pm

yesterday was a nasty misty mess, hopefully anyone that rode was safe. Today afternoon doesn't seem too bad, but still windy as hell.
2014 Daytona 675r
Retired: Ninja 650R

Tooner
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Tooner » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:24 pm

It was just a little damp for the first 2 rounds then the track improved drastically. Sconway it was good to meet you, hope to see you soon on a weekend ride.
Shane
2018 crf450r

Sconway
Achievement count: 0

Post by Sconway » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:05 pm

Tooner wrote:It was just a little damp for the first 2 rounds then the track improved drastically. Sconway it was good to meet you, hope to see you soon on a weekend ride.
It was nice to meet you too Tooner. Yeah I thought it was going to be dicey during the track drive with 100% humidity, but it turned out to be a good day. You don't notice the wind out on the track. ImageImage

2015 Suzuki GSX-R750
2006 CBR 600RR #803
2019 Ohvale GP-0 190

WickerMan
Achievement count: 1

Post by WickerMan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:59 am

That's my red 240 in the background. I looked for y'all but didn't see a soul from FWMR, and you were right there the whole time.

My ex renter crashed again on Monday. Said he hit a muddy spot in 2nd corner of Rattlesnake. Was there really mud there? He seemed to be the only one with an issue. He said Dave cussed him for moving himself up to Level 2, and because he crashed.
What is up with this space?
2015 ZX-6R 30th Anniversary
2014 CBR500R HRC
2007 Ruckus winter camo

Sconway
Achievement count: 0

Post by Sconway » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:13 am

During the first 2 sessions there could have been a slick spot or twenty. I found a video of a low side in turn 2 of rattlesnake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJY-8QemKkM

2015 Suzuki GSX-R750
2006 CBR 600RR #803
2019 Ohvale GP-0 190

WickerMan

Post by WickerMan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:15 am

That's him. Thanks
2014 CBR500R HRC
2007 Ruckus winter camo

turismon
Ride Leader in Training
Ride Leader in Training
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 7

Post by turismon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:16 pm

wierd. the way he went down almost looks like he panicked from hitting that nasty crease there and may have grabbed some brake? The way he went down looks more like a front end load up on that crease than a regular low side since most of the weight was up front.
2014 Daytona 675r
Retired: Ninja 650R

Tooner
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Tooner » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:16 pm

WickerMan wrote:That's my red 240 in the background. I looked for y'all but didn't see a soul from FWMR, and you were right there the whole time.

My ex renter crashed again on Monday. Said he hit a muddy spot in 2nd corner of Rattlesnake. Was there really mud there? He seemed to be the only one with an issue. He said Dave cussed him for moving himself up to Level 2, and because he crashed.

WickerMan, I need to get a FWMR logo or something, sorry! The only reason I mention this is that from the video I remember talking to him when I first arrived Monday morning. He said he saw some FWMR's on a weekend ride at a gas station and that they were "rude" to him. I asked him if he was sure they were FWMR and that, that didn't sound like any of you guys that I know.

I thought he was kind of loud, and a bit crazy in behavior and lived on the edge of safety(not that I am a safety saint but I do have limits). Bummer that he wrecked, I don't remember any mud, dirt or other issue on track at that particular spot although the track as a whole was still a little wet during the morning sessions. In the first session level one was taking it super easy!
Last edited by Tooner on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shane
2018 crf450r

WickerMan

Post by WickerMan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:14 am

Tooner wrote:
WickerMan wrote:That's my red 240 in the background. I looked for y'all but didn't see a soul from FWMR, and you were right there the whole time.

WickerMan, I need to get a FWMR logo or something, sorry! So, are you glad he is your "ex" renter? and when you say crashed again I think there is more to this story. The only reason I mention this is that from the video I remember talking to this guy when I first arrived Monday morning. He said he saw some FWMR's on a weekend ride at a gas station and that they were "rude" to him. I asked him if he was sure they were FWMR and that, that didn't sound like any of you guys that I know.

I thought he was kind of loud, and a bit arrogant in behavior and showed disregard for rules and safety(not that I am a safety saint but I do have limits). I was not surprised when he wrecked and for what its worth there was no mud, dirt or any other issue on track at that particular spot although the track as a whole was still a little wet during the morning sessions. In the first session level one was taking it super easy!
Uhh, touchy subject. Yes I'm glad he is my ex renter, didn't treat my place very nice. But he's a great friend, rescued my 240 once when it got stranded at work. If you have a cycle failure he is the first to grab a trailer and come get you. He is a talented motorcycle mechanic, that was nice having him next door. He is a very skilled rider, tons better than I am. But, he is extremely reckless, like 140mph on Pioneer Pkwy kind of reckless. I was at his house waiting on him out front with his GF, and I hear what sounds like a F1 car doing a high speed run down Park Row, I turn to his GF and say damn, she says you know that's him right. I considered taking a life insurance policy out on him, it was that serious, but he's more chill now.

He wadded that same ZX-10R on the 1.3 last year when a couple of level 1 guys entered the track right in front of him on one of his hot laps. He said he put it off the track rather than hit another rider, to the tune of $3000 repair. I think he is finally getting the message, he's talking 600 track bike now, where before if it wasn't a liter you won't be a leader. Like I told him there is no money/trophy/fame at track days. A good time with a still shiny cycle is a win in my book.

Never heard the FWMR story, which is strange because he knows I'm loosely involved with the group. And that doesn't sound like FWMR at all, I'm sure it was some other group. Everyone I have ever talked to related to FWMR has been nothing but nice and friendly.

Sure he's a little arrogant maybe, but he has mad skills. I've seen him do stuff on the street that would crash Simoncelli, we don't street ride together much. He is an electrical genius, swapped trans on the new R1 recalls. I rode with him on his 2nd or 3rd track day and his form/positoion was spot on and his pace was blazing when he caned it. Safety wise, IDK, as I have limited experience and we only tracked together once, he seemed fine to me. But if Dave really cussed him then it Isnt just you. They wouldn't move him to Level 2 last year, so he moved himself. I told him to skip the first couple of sessions, as the 240 was all over the place on my way out to my corner Monday, but he declined. He wants to be a CMRA racer and I'm sure he can be competitive, but if you crash all the time, where's the fun in that? Just my 2 pennies on that, I have mixed feelings to say the least.
2014 CBR500R HRC
2007 Ruckus winter camo

Tooner
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Tooner » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Thanks for the info, When I saw his temper after the wreck I saw his bad moment and got him wrong. He was the first person to talk to me in that group "Ride DFW" when I approached and asked if it was okay to park next to them that morning. If I had known he was such a good mechanic I would have ask him a few questions about my bike that have been plaguing me. I don't live far from you guys, I'm next to Key elementary off Roosevelt in DWG.
Shane
2018 crf450r

WickerMan

Post by WickerMan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Tooner wrote:Thanks for the info, When I saw his temper after the wreck I saw his bad moment and got him wrong. He was the first person to talk to me in that group "Ride DFW" when I approached and asked if it was okay to park next to them that morning. If I had known he was such a good mechanic I would have ask him a few questions about my bike that have been plaguing me. I don't live far from you guys, I'm next to Key elementary off Roosevelt in DWG.
Are you a drinking man? First round is on me. Check your PM
2014 CBR500R HRC
2007 Ruckus winter camo

nitzer
Achievement count: 8

Post by nitzer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Sounds fishy that Dave would yell at him. Dave would ask if he was OK. Dave also probably wouldn't know he moved himself up. The instructors would know that. I think he's full of crap from what you guys say. That section of the rattlesnake can be slick right where he went down due to the seam an some rash that is there. The rash probably had a little water in it.
- Derek
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (SOLD)
2003 Suzuki SV650S (SOLD)
2008 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor (Street)

Winning hearts and minds...two the heart, one to the mind.