Hitting the Apex! (movie) November 17th

Club bike nights and events other than rides here are here. Events usually posted on the calendar as well.
WickerMan
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 1

Re: Hitting the Apex! (movie) November 17th

Post by WickerMan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:02 am

LonestarCBR wrote:Did you learn anything, or was it simply great entertainment?
Yes I did. Like how tough a SOB Lorenzo is, riding with a broken and screwed together collarbone 36hours after it happened taking 5th. Breaking the metal brace in the next race, another surgery and right back out there unhealed, with the doctors telling him if you crash again you will never ride again. How tiny Pedroza is at 5'2, and how skilled he is to hustle those Premier class bikes around at the front for the past 5 years. How many crashes Rossi had with the 2 years at Ducati. It's a wonder he is still competitive after 19 years in MotoGP with all the punishment he has taken. How skilled Marquez is wining the premier class his first season, although injuries to other top riders helped him do it. How truly special Stoner was at Honda and how he just walked away, can't blame him though. I forgot about Simoncelli. And how his death really affected those guys. How dangerous the premier class, how much they crash, but how they don't seem to get hurt as much as you would expect falling off 2 wheels at those speeds. How skilled you have to be, to be at the top of that lead class, that only a handful of people can manage it at a time. Lots of those guys in the premier class are back markers for the truly special. How committed you have to be to take risks like those guys do. How Reckless Simoncelli was, how much they all were at one time or another. How that slicing and dicing and bumping stuff from this year is nothing new. They all want to win so badly that will take gigantic risks with their health and lives. Those guys are as tough or tougher than any Football/Hockey/Rugby player. So much more I'm sure. After the movie ended the credits rolled and the lights came up, everyone just sat there almost silent, my daughter and I were one of the first to leave after a couple of minutes. How many weird older people would wait in line for hours for that last Hunger Games movie.

And finally how glad I am I hit the track at this later stage in my life. I didn't miss my true calling, I'm right where I need to be, having a blast on my 50hp machine enjoying great physical health at 44 years old. What if... I'm not worrying about that anymore. I will let those guys do it for me. I can't wait for next season, theirs and mine, and all the excitement the future holds.
What is up with this space?
2015 ZX-6R 30th Anniversary
2014 CBR500R HRC
2007 Ruckus winter camo

LonestarCBR
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 32

Re: Hitting the Apex! (movie) November 17th

Post by LonestarCBR » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:45 am

Wow, sounds like a great movie, can't wait to see it. I watched a special on Mick Doohan recently...talk about a man among boys, wow.

And as exciting as MotoGP is, watching Isle of Man videos is maybe even more hair raising. :-?
~ Terry
'12 Speed Triple 1050 ABS, '07 GSX-R750 (track)
Happiness isn't around the corner, it IS the corner.
Anybody can jump a motorcycle. The trouble begins when you try to land it. EK