3:16 TrackDays MSRC 1.3 Sept 2nd

WickerMan
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 1

3:16 TrackDays MSRC 1.3 Sept 2nd

Post by WickerMan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:50 am

I'll be working the next local 3:16 day, at Cresson, on Labor Day the 2nd. They have switched to 30 min sessions if it's hot out.
What is up with this space?
2015 ZX-6R 30th Anniversary
2014 CBR500R HRC
2007 Ruckus winter camo

JeffStrom
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 7

Re: 3:16 TrackDays MSRC 1.3 Sept 2nd

Post by JeffStrom » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:32 pm

I was there riding. Were you on a corner?
On that day they ran the 1 hour sessions. It wasn't as bad as I had feared. You go out for 15 or 20 minutes, take a 5 or 10 minute brake, go out again. You don't feel like you need to be out there at the start of the session, waiting in the sun with the other 20 people. You get assigned a coach for all day. If you get a good one, you are golden. If you get a bad one, you are stuck. Mine was fine. At this event coaches were assigned between 2 and 4 students.
They only had two run groups, slow and fast. I was in the slow group. The last session for our group we had, I think, 3 red flags. But even though there were only two groups, it seemed like I got a lot more open track than I would typically at a RideSmart event. But then it is more expensive.
Jeff - Street Triple 675R / GSX-R600 / F850GSA

WickerMan
Achievement count: 1

Re: 3:16 TrackDays MSRC 1.3 Sept 2nd

Post by WickerMan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:38 pm

JeffStrom wrote:I was there riding. Were you on a corner?
On that day they ran the 1 hour sessions. It wasn't as bad as I had feared. You go out for 15 or 20 minutes, take a 5 or 10 minute brake, go out again. You don't feel like you need to be out there at the start of the session, waiting in the sun with the other 20 people. You get assigned a coach for all day. If you get a good one, you are golden. If you get a bad one, you are stuck. Mine was fine. At this event coaches were assigned between 2 and 4 students.
They only had two run groups, slow and fast. I was in the slow group. The last session for our group we had, I think, 3 red flags. But even though there were only two groups, it seemed like I got a lot more open track than I would typically at a RideSmart event. But then it is more expensive.
I was signed up, but no one contacted me before, no email. I got on in March cause they supposedly lost someone's contact info, so I figured maybe that's what happened to me. I didn't want to be out there anyway. So I'm not sure why or if I'll find out what happened.
What is up with this space?
2015 ZX-6R 30th Anniversary
2014 CBR500R HRC
2007 Ruckus winter camo