Track Tactics

Fish R1
Achievement count: 0

Track Tactics

Post by Fish R1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:48 am

This is interesting

TrackTactics and cornerworking-earn track time!
Interested in earning track time so you can ride with TrackTactics? Trade your time for track time by cornerworking for TrackTactics! Work a day, get a credit to ride another day. Credits will be emailed to you a few days after the event and can be used for registration online. They are good for as long as you need them to be. This is for ANY 3T event, which includes the legendary Barber, or any other track across the nation!

The events available to work:

Texas World Speedway July 20 & July 21 (work Saturday, ride Sunday, or earn a credit for future use)-JULY 20 IS FULL

Motorsports Ranch Houston August 3 & August 4 (work Saturday, ride Sunday, or earn a credit for future use)

Eagles Canyon Raceway (night time event, runs from 7:00pm-2:00am) August 17

Texas World Speedway August 31 & September 1 (work Saturday, ride Sunday, or earn a credit for future use)

Texas World Speedway October 13 & October 14 (work Sunday, ride Monday, or earn a credit for future use)

Texas World Speedway November 11

If you are interested send me an email melaniecahilly@gmail.com & I will reply with details.

Thank you for your interest and support!

WillK675
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Re: Track Tactics

Post by WillK675 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:21 am

Fish R1 wrote:Eagles Canyon Raceway (night time event, runs from 7:00pm-2:00am) August 17
Your right fish... That right there is interesting. Wonder how that's going to work?
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:34 am

That right there is prime drinking hours...I'd sure like to run at night though.
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:40 am

hmmmm, run MSR with ride smart then pack up and head to ECR for the night. Now that would test your endurance! ha!

Wonder exactly how that'll work, ECR doesn't have any lights do they?
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:41 am

DarcShadow wrote:ECR doesn't have any lights do they?
I was wondering the same thing.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Post by Striple » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:51 am

DarcShadow wrote:Wonder exactly how that'll work, ECR doesn't have any lights do they?
Yes, they do. They have hosted nighttime events for cars before, just not for bikes.
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:21 am

Man I'm going to have to pay mor attention next time I'm there. I can not for the life of mee recall lights, at least not enough to light the entire track.

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:01 pm

I never noticed the lights.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Fish R1

Post by Fish R1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:18 pm

They rent the industrial light stands. Similar to the ones you see on all the highway projects in Tarrant County when they do night work. They are portable and have thier own power source. Check out H&E Equiptment web site or United Rentals to get an idea of what they look like and how they work.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Ah! Ok, at least I know I'm not going crazy then. ha!

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Hmm, you know what I think most of us missed. They run Barber, so you could work a track here in TX and ride Barber for free. Looking at their web page I see they also run NOLA.

WillK675
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:34 pm

I didn't miss that. I was thinking about corner working the ECR night time one. But need to see when Barber is.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master

Post by DarcShadow » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:36 pm

August 10-11

Fish R1

Post by Fish R1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:43 pm

The Barber angle is the main reason why I posted this. I am planning a family trip to New Orleans at the same time 3Ts is at NOLA in June. Selling corner work credits I have for the financing of this trip. I want to see what other track day providers are up to. So far this year I have been to 4 track day provider events. Ridesmart, Lonestar Track Days, Eurosport and Extreme Motorsports (They are going to have midgets :SideSplittingLaughter: ) They all have safety in mind. Ridesmart still has the best package for the beginner thru the expert. I dont think anyone will disagree with that one. Dave Wonders and his staff have it from registration to class time to the on track monitoring. Lone Star has a similar structure with additional cost. I really enjoy cornerworking for LSTD especially for the Friday before the CMRA events. It gives me a chance to see the likes of Kelsey, Howard, Dillon and others sharpen thier skills for the weekends races. Eurosport and Extreme Motorsports give me the opportunity without class time to take the information I have gathered and work on it at my own pace with qualified control riders available for consultation and critique. Also it is small groups with more time on the track per session sometimes.

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Post by Striple » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Fish R1 wrote: Ridesmart still has the best package for the beginner thru the expert. I dont think anyone will disagree with that one.
I'm not so sure about that. Ridesmart offers a product that is particularly attractive for beginning riders, especially those with a tighter budget. However, LSTD offers significantly smaller group sizes and their product is generally more geared towards racing, which also translates to a higher level of track experience for the average LSTD rider. Eurosport isn't really a track day provider, they simply occasionally host a track event, which is mainly aimed at their retail customer base. The same goes for Moto Liberty, AMS Ducati Dallas, etc.

They all have their advantages and disadvantages, but I find it difficult to designate one organization as the "best" over any of the others, at least based on my limited experience.
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

Fish R1

Post by Fish R1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:02 pm

Striple wrote:
Fish R1 wrote: Ridesmart still has the best package for the beginner thru the expert. I dont think anyone will disagree with that one.
I'm not so sure about that. Ridesmart offers a product that is particularly attractive for beginning riders, especially those with a tighter budget. However, LSTD offers significantly smaller group sizes and their product is generally more geared towards racing, which also translates to a higher level of track experience for the average LSTD rider. Eurosport isn't really a track day provider, they simply occasionally host a track event, which is mainly aimed at their retail customer base. The same goes for Moto Liberty, AMS Ducati Dallas, etc.

They all have their advantages and disadvantages, but I find it difficult to designate one organization as the "best" over any of the others, at least based on my limited experience.
Your experience is extremely valuable. I was hoping you would chime in on this subject. Your probably the best person to shed light on the CMRA license classes and the ARC classes that Ridesmart and LSTD put on. I have no experience on these subjects but you do.

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:10 pm

I've thought about track days at night, mid summer it would be nice, when the high for the day is 110, as long as there is enough light it shouldn't be an issue.
K1600

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Yea, i think it would be really fun.
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles