Cool, but, why?

This is the general Discussion area used for....General Discussions. Talk anything here just keep it clean and no spam.
fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Cool, but, why?

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:05 pm

K1600

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Re: Cool, but, why?

Post by milesmiles » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:24 pm

Well, one thing is that diesel is more available in remote places.
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:50 pm

milesmiles wrote:
says who? all of the "around the world" people I've seen videos of/talked to use gas, so diesel can't offer that much more advantage
K1600

JeffStrom
Club Member
Club Member
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 7

Post by JeffStrom » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:38 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:
milesmiles wrote:
says who? all of the "around the world" people I've seen videos of/talked to use gas, so diesel can't offer that much more advantage
Probably more the 100MPG he mentions in the video. Along with the already large tank this thing would have crazy range.
Jeff - Street Triple 675R / GSX-R600 / F850GSA

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:52 am

I’ve always heard that. I’ll see if I can find some hard info though. I’m not talking about populated places, remote areas
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

fartymarty
Achievement count: 17

Post by fartymarty » Sat May 26, 2018 8:22 am

Totally different, but I thought it fit the thread title, especially the "Why?" part. I can move it or delete it if there is a better place for it (other than the trash can.)
https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/mcy/d ... 36668.html Only $2800 and it's your headache!
Looks like 50,000 mile tires on the front and maybe 3-4k on the rear?

This bike is made from a 97 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100 back in 2000. It won the Houston Autorama in different paint schemes and configurations in 01,03and05. All rights to the design were purchased buy a major bike company as a prototype and test bed to the modern Spyder configuration. I purchased the bike some years ago at an auction and after some initial fun it was stuck in my storage for several years. When I pulled it out it needed (still needs) new carbs. The motor would run but the boots and carbs were bad. I purchased some carbs but they wound up being wrong and wouldn't fit and again it sat. The motor is solid and I also have the extra motor(also good)that came with it. It is highly unusual and definitely one of a kind. It was professionally built in a super nice chassis. The bike actually leans into the corners like a real bike when turning. It needs to be gone over from head to toe but it is all there.Nice one off glass body. It would be a fun project for anyone who has the time. I am 75yrs old now and I do t see well enough to be on the road anymore, lol. This is probably in everyone's favor. Lol! The bike will need some old wiring cleaned up and some carb boots to adapt the later model carbs to. I have the old original carbs (rough shape) and some good later model carbs that could be adapted with the right boots. It is a project that is not running at the moment because of the carb situation but I can squirt some gas in the cylinders so you can tell that the motor is ok. I just do not have the time,will or eyesight to put it all back together again. Would make a great project for anyone who is into the Spider configuration . You will have to trailer it home to do the work but I can guarantee the main functions of the bike are solid . Just needs s few weekends of tinkering and restoring to have something no one else has. Call Donny
show contact info for any ??? Thanks!
He doesn't mention that the front seat can be used as a dog dish as well. :-D

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Sat May 26, 2018 9:36 pm

Man, that is just weird. Looks like a sport bike ran into the thing and they just left it.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals