Will Honda disappoint me again?

This is the general Discussion area used for....General Discussions. Talk anything here just keep it clean and no spam.
Tooner
Club Member
Club Member
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Will Honda disappoint me again?

Post by Tooner » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:36 am

I’m “that” guy that grew on the front tank holding on (no helmet) to the small upper bar of a Honda XL dual sport trying not to let my legs touch the hot engine while my dad served up my first adrenaline rushes. Although my first bike was a Kawasaki, I have often purchased Hondas currently I have 3. Now as I dream of bikes like the R1, RSV4, S1000rr etc, it seems that Honda will again attempt to produce a competitive liter bike, this time with a V4 and please God, at least 200hp. Cuz anything less than 200hp on a 450lb sport bike is just silly!
Shane
Current ride and track: 2009 CBR 1000rr
2018 crf450r

JeffStrom
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 7

Re: Will Honda disappoint me again?

Post by JeffStrom » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:09 am

They already have a V4 superbike. But it is only available in limited quantities and costs $184K. Are they bringing that technology down to earth any time soon? I've seen some speculation, but it seems to boil down to wishful thinking. I haven't seen anything I would consider hard evidence that they are working towards an affordable V4 superbike. Maybe Ducati jumping into the V4 consumer arena will be the kick they need. Given that Honda has the ST1300, VFR1200X, and the Interceptor (all V4's) and have pretty much ignored them for the last few years, I don't know that they have a consumer V4 strategy at all. However this inattention to the V4 line has not seemed to affect their bottom line. In fact Honda's MC sales quantities have been climbing, showing growth in 5 of the last 6 years. It may be that given their sales success, they don't intend to spend the money to bring their V4 lineup up to modern emission standards, which would be disappointing indeed.
Jeff - Street Triple 675R / GSX-R600 / F850GSA

Tooner
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Tooner » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:54 pm

JeffStrom wrote:They already have a V4 superbike. But it is only available in limited quantities and costs $184K. Are they bringing that technology down to earth any time soon? I've seen some speculation, but it seems to boil down to wishful thinking. I haven't seen anything I would consider hard evidence that they are working towards an affordable V4 superbike. Maybe Ducati jumping into the V4 consumer arena will be the kick they need. Given that Honda has the ST1300, VFR1200X, and the Interceptor (all V4's) and have pretty much ignored them for the last few years, I don't know that they have a consumer V4 strategy at all. However this inattention to the V4 line has not seemed to affect their bottom line. In fact Honda's MC sales quantities have been climbing, showing growth in 5 of the last 6 years. It may be that given their sales success, they don't intend to spend the money to bring their V4 lineup up to modern emission standards, which would be disappointing indeed.
Ya, that RC213V-S looked amazing until I saw the price tag. The talk last year didn't impress me, but the google search "2019 CBR 1000rr" now seems to be getting a little more substance, maybe not. I just wish I knew for sure as my itch for a new sportbike gets stronger.
Shane
2018 crf450r

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:35 pm

I'm going to be jumping on the duc bandwagon if I swap bikes
K1600

Tooner
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Tooner » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:07 am

fixxervi6 wrote:I'm going to be jumping on the duc bandwagon if I swap bikes
Can’t blame you there, it’s going to take one heck of an awesome bike to take the place of an RSV4.
Shane
2018 crf450r