Winter Projects 2016/2017

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Winter Projects 2016/2017

Post by Striple » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Alright, so what are everyone's projects for the Winter? I'll make the start.

The triple needs very little, but I do plan on replacing the OEM rotors, probably with Braking SK2 rotors. Other than that, she is good as gold. If I get a wild hair, I might actually upgrade the OEM master cylinder to a proper Brembo unit, but that's not a must. I'm probably going to replace most of the fluids around February to get her ready for the season.

YZF-R6
The competition bike is not due for a major overhaul, but I would like to replace the fairings all around. I have a freshly-painted set of brand new fairings in the garage, they just need to be mounted, which is a bit of a PITA. Not high priority, but it needs to get done at some point.

C-14
The big girl is currently at RC30's place, getting an ABS issue sorted, after she locked up the rear brake on I-820, then suddenly released without warning. Good times. Also, the windshield motor finally needs to be replaced. She is also almost due for a valve clearance adjustment, which is a bit like open heart surgery on that bike.

DR650
The dirty girl is going to be my main focus this weekend, and with a bit of luck, she is going to be operational for the trip to Copper Canyon next week. She needs a new front axle, new headlight ballast, front brake pads, and a lot of love.

TTR 125
Fresh fluids, hand guards, and a can. I wish all of my bikes were as modest and fun as this one.

Your turn! :D
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Re: Winter Projects 2016/2017

Post by DarcShadow » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:00 pm

I need to see if the 600 will turn over so I can try and sell a working motor rather than just a pile of scrap.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

JTChiTown
Club Member
Club Member
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 7

Post by JTChiTown » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:18 pm

My main project finishing my basement. Passed rough in, so started the final insulation and drywall. Shooting for July 4th.

Concours
Needs a lot of body work done, screws, clips, etc
Also plan to work on the seat latch so it actually latches. Seems to be running fine again, so I won't dick with it anymore.

Good cleaning and polishing is in order. Plan to replace the battery in the spring. Hoping to find a TOR pipe for it. Need to replace the exhaust valve as its acting up again.

Cb750
Trying to get it titled

Cb 350
Will get new tires mounted. Neither holds air and it's a pain to push around the garage.

Gear
Replacing my full leather gloves, wore a hole in the padding on my left palm. Helmet will be detailed and polished. Leather jackets to be cleaned and treated.
Jeff

"Drive fast, attract Cops; Drive faster, attract Sponsors"

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:37 am

S1000RR- change the oil, replace chain and sprockets, put new rubber on, get it painted (body shop told me for $500 they would do it all and even airbrush it with whatever I want), new battery.

SV650- get it painted (same body shop only cheaper), new rubber, change fluids.

PW50- rebuild carb and make it run again.

4 Wheeler- rebuild carb, replace tires, have body shop put the body back together and hopefully get this all done before winter is over so I can play with it in the snow.

I might buy a new to me Tundra (I miss my old one).

I want to replace all my plumbing in the house (whoever did it sucked and went to small on the pipes way to early), insulate the walls (its an old house and its either done poorly or wasn't done at all), Finish basement, install a 2nd garage door on the back side so I can have both sides open and drive through then build another garage/shop in the back yard, replace the roof, replace all windows and doors.

Yea I am sure I wont get it all done but its on the list of things to do.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:59 pm

Just ride. That's my winter project plan.
K1600

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Track Instructor
Achievement count: 42

Post by shilka99 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:49 pm

My projects include replacing the drywall in my garage ceiling that collapsed...
And I need to finish the new custom enclosure for my CNC mill that I started right before blowing up the controller CPU with my own ham-fisted stupidity! I also have a peltier cooler for it now which I can control via g-code. No more leaky liquid cooling.

RSV4
Time to check the valve clearances again. Its only done 3,500 miles (all track) but when I checked them the first time at 2,000 there were 2 barely within spec. This time I expect to have to adjust several - no easy task considering special tools are required to compensate for the fact that the cam chain tensioner cant be reached with the engine in the frame.
If I'm really enthusiastic I might also pull the sump and replace the con-rod bolts that have been known to cause (catastrophic) problems on this model.

KTM 520
I want to swap the crank cases in this motor. when I lost a chain a few years ago it cracked the case and caused an oil leak. I have spare cases for it but I've been so busy with customer bikes I've postponed this more times than i can count.

TTR125
I just swapped the clutch in this, although really it was my nephew who did the work, I just supervised. He now wants to fix the brakes (bleed them) and install a fancy graphics kit.

RC30
After years of networking, I finally found a supplier for the HRC kit plain bearings I need for the crankshaft in this motor. When I get the time I'll pull the crank, measure it and install new bearings. With these in place I'll feel comfortable doing more than just idling this motor.

RGV
I just ordered a Schwantz replica fairing kit for this bike. Its going to look awesome and will be a hoot to ride.
Shaun in McKinney
RGV250|520SX/SMR|RSV4 Factory

nitzer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 8

Post by nitzer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:09 pm

SV650S - Get the lower fairing repairs finished and painted. Might repaint the upper too. Finish returning it to street form for sale. Fluid flush and fill.

VFR800 - Get it over to Roger at OnRoad OffRoad Cycles to have the front forks reworked. Also gonna have him make sure the Ohlins shock is setup right and both ends to my weight. Fluid flush and fill.
- Derek
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (SOLD)
2003 Suzuki SV650S (SOLD)
2008 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor (Street)

Winning hearts and minds...two the heart, one to the mind.

soslow
Club Member
Club Member
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Post by soslow » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:52 pm

zx7r- headstock, swingarm and linkage bearings. need to replumb carb vents to airbox and swap jets. new tires, rebuild brake calipers and new lines. freshen up the forks, sort a rear shock for cheap. burn lots of gas through it.

yz250- fix bent shift fork in transmission, re-ring on the reassembly, wheel bearings, replace all the parts and bolts i cannibalized keeping the 450 going, wash and sell

yz450- clean carb, put on the new tires that i have had in the garage for a year and mount the Vapor computer my wife gave me for christmas last year. also want a brake set up from a honda 450. make sure it works as a proper air pump as much as possible.

4 wheeler- clean carb, change the oil, new battery and sell.

ct-70- tell myself i am going to rebuild it this year, leave it in an oily heap in the corner for another year.