Changing the clutch

sauter0966
Achievement count: 0

Re: Changing the clutch

Post by sauter0966 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Rhino wrote:
sauter0966 wrote:I was looking at it from a catch him perspective. so whats on the line? birthday spankings?
Yep. Fixxer had the cojones to claim that he'd only get birthday spankings if he could be caught on his bike.
So there needs to be more on the line if it is a race right?
:icon_woohoo:

Rhino
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:37 pm

sauter0966 wrote:
Rhino wrote:
sauter0966 wrote:I was looking at it from a catch him perspective. so whats on the line? birthday spankings?
Yep. Fixxer had the cojones to claim that he'd only get birthday spankings if he could be caught on his bike.
So there needs to be more on the line if it is a race right?
Nah, if we up the ante that might encourage people to be unsafe. Like when you have someone else take a picture of you on the track... :mad:

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Yeah, the worst thing here that would be lost is some pride, and/or a little hide from Fixxer's behind!
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:47 pm

In terms of playing tag around the track that could be fun but the traffic makes it a bitch, my last track day at cresson I only got 1 lap where I could really rip, the rest of the time I was in line looking like a bag of smashed assholes going into turns with a train of bikes.

The one before that wasn't nearly as bad but there were only a few sessions in the afternoon where it wasn't getting all jamed up. Hell even when I was riding on the back of Rhino's heals we got seperated in less than one lap with people bunching up and passing where they shouldn't have been.

I'm afraid if we tried this at a classic cresson day, the guy that doesn't get caught or does the catching is the one breaking the pass rules

Otherwise I'm down, $10 on Firewa11 who's holding the cash?

What we REALLY need is FWMR track days :rockout:
K1600

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Ya know, we actually talked about doing that in the past. The track rental isn't too bad, but it's the insurance and EMS costs that drive up the price of doing something like this. I think we calculated it out to being something like $500 a person if we got 20 people that paid in. Of course, that's been a few years, I have no idea what the cost today would be.
ImageImageImage

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:59 pm

So that explains why Dave spreads those costs out over 120 people.

Honestly Cresson isn't the best place for that either. Too few "straights", so you can get backed up in traffic even when you get good at driving under someone on corner exit. Fixxer, you really should have gone to Barber, it was a dream for getting through traffic. With outside passing allowed, there really weren't many places that you couldn't pull off a legal pass.
Last edited by Rhino on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Now that would be pretty damn sweet, a once of year thing or something.

Problem is, I don't even think there are 20 of us that go to track days.
K1600

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Hmm, I just looked at Cresson--they can do corporate or group memberships. Maybe we should look into what would be involved.

My original thought was that we need a FWMR member to be a MSRC member also. Guest sessions would be perfect for this.

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Rhino wrote:Hmm, I just looked at Cresson--they can do corporate or group memberships. Maybe we should look into what would be involved.

My original thought was that we need a FWMR member to be a MSRC member also. Guest sessions would be perfect for this.
Does Ty howard still do private lessons? I don't think he does, but it would be much cheaper to get a group together and get someone like him to help host it....maybe we should get in contact with a few people
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Rhino wrote:So that explains why Dave spreads those costs out over 120 people.

Honestly Cresson isn't the best place for that either. Too few "straights", so you can get backed up in traffic even when you get good at driving under someone on corner exit. Fixxer, you really should have gone to Barber, it was a dream for getting through traffic. With outside passing allowed, there really weren't many places that you couldn't pull off a legal pass.
I'll go next year, I'm just recovering from the TSA security checkpoint test + kidneystone bills + wife accident, all of that took a massive chunk out of me, I haven't been on vacation in a long time because of it.
K1600

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:54 pm

It would be a lot cheaper to go with private lessons like Ty Howard to get more one-on-one track day. As far as doing a membership to Cresson, they have member days, we looked at this at one point too. You only get so many guest passes, and it really doesn't become economical, memberships out there, even junior memberships, are NOT cheap. And you don't typically get as much track time as you would just hitting up track days. It's cheaper to hit up 1-2 track days per month than it would be to have a yearly membership at Cresson.
ImageImageImage

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:22 pm

So lets just get 20 or more of us to pich in on it. I would go in on it.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:53 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:In terms of playing tag around the track that could be fun but the traffic makes it a bitch, my last track day at cresson I only got 1 lap where I could really rip, the rest of the time I was in line looking like a bag of smashed assholes going into turns with a train of bikes.

The one before that wasn't nearly as bad but there were only a few sessions in the afternoon where it wasn't getting all jamed up. Hell even when I was riding on the back of Rhino's heals we got seperated in less than one lap with people bunching up and passing where they shouldn't have been.

I'm afraid if we tried this at a classic cresson day, the guy that doesn't get caught or does the catching is the one breaking the pass rules

Otherwise I'm down, $10 on Firewa11 who's holding the cash?

What we REALLY need is FWMR track days :rockout:
Traffic is not the problem, traffic is what makes a good trackday great. Running balls out all by yourself is boring, slicing and dicing your way through the pack is where the real fun is and if you can't get around them, then you're doing something wrong, or they are a better rider then you. On a track like the 1.7 at cresson, there is 0 reason you should ever get stuck behind a train, worse case you only get 3 or 4 bikes through the train before the next turn.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:30 pm

I am doing plenty wrong, that's why I wanna run without worrying about passing right now, I will work on my pass skills later
K1600