Brake piston stuck

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Re: Brake piston stuck

Post by fixxervi6 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:21 am

Firewa11 wrote:Hah, on my bike if I get up to 60 I'm only halfway through first :-)
The test would still work tho, a tweaked slipper would just go REVVVVV and the bike would slow down. Non-slipper bike with a big enough engine and your probably going to brake the rear tire lose.

Get your 750 down to scott and tell him to adjust your slipper so it lets go sooner, pretty awesome stuff.
Striple wrote:I'm so used to running without slippers, the rear stepping out doesn't bother me anymore at all. In fact, when the front tire squirms from heavy braking and the rear is simultaneously kicking out from banging it down a couple of gears, everything actually feels pretty controlled.
I assume the engine braking on the SV is pretty significant compared to a i4?

I had the rear step out on me a couple times at ECR, when your braking heavy the rear gets light enough that your ass still slides with a slipper. I had scott rub some magic on it and it works better now.

I think that is in the GP rules, the 600 class runs with a set slipper, the GP class runs with an adjustable slipper, they can also tune the amount of engine braking with the computer too (don't quote me on that, thought I read/heard it someplace while watching the races).
K1600

Stardog
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 21

Post by Stardog » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:43 am

Rhino wrote:
Stardog84 wrote:Well, the engine braking obviously lets the wheel continue to spin
ORLY?

Get up to 60, downshift to first, dump your clutch. See what happens to your rear tire if you don't have a slipper clutch.
One thing that I can promise is the tire does not cease to spin. Yes it will churp churp bounce bounce but it is not locked up. Even ABS does the chirp chirp, in a car at least. I have never ridden a bike with a slipper or ABS.
DR650
Have cool, will travel

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Post by Striple » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:32 pm

fixxervi6 wrote: I assume the engine braking on the SV is pretty significant compared to a i4?
I'll put it this way: if you screw it up (too) badly, then it feels like the bike is briefly going sideways.
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:34 pm

I've done it on the 675 a few times. Did not wnjoy
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles