always use protection

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Re: always use protection

Post by milesmiles » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:45 pm

You're right and the rides that you have mentioned have been addressed. It won't happen again. And with that I'm sorry if anyone has been out of their comfort zone. And even if you were not out of you comfort zone it's not cool and won't happen again. If we ever have any issues please address it with staff or someone you are comfortable with as this is not something we want In the club.
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Post by Striple » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Miles, this wasn't meant to be a rant. It is just exhausting to be faced with skepticism about loyalty and agenda by some of the people in the club, just because some of us prefer track riding over street riding. Everyone should just ride wherever and whenever they want. And no, I'm not shy about sharing my opinion. Shocker, I know. :D

PS: I gots some chrome for ya. :afro:
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:01 pm

I appreciate someone's love for the track and even street. The matter is we don't want to advertise something and then doing differently. It's happened in the past and we don't want to keep that going. We look forwards to rides that stay within the comfort zone of everyone alike.
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

Rhino
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Striple wrote:Ha! Please excuse my posturing, sometimes I get carried away and write in grammatically correct sentences and loosely-structured paragraphs. Its part of my eccentric personality. :)
Literate like a mofo, yo. :SideSplittingLaughter:

Where my gerunds at?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(EXTREMELY NSFW LANGUAGE!!!)

Polokid69
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 23

Post by Polokid69 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:55 pm

Definitely something to be said for enjoying the countryside with good friends and eating some good food. I think it is always about the camaraderie . No two rides are the same even on the same route and different people show up on every ride, not always the same. Just my two cents but I don't think any questions someone's loyalty based on weather they ride the street vs the track.
Current Bike:
KTM RC390

Previous Bikes:
2007 Kawasaki ZZR600
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX250
1983 Kawasaki GPZ550
1980 Yamaha RD400
1978 Yamaha DT 125
1978 Yamaha YZ 125
1975 Yamaha DT 100

Fish R1
Achievement count: 0

Post by Fish R1 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:09 am

I just found this thread. There was a brief discussion about my perpetual meat ball status on Saturday. I have not had time to participate in any rides this summer due to pre scheduled track days and recent injury. I hope to carve out some time late this fall and complete my ride requirements. I also like the trash pick up events.
Once again pre scheduled track days and recent injury have kept me from these events also. I bought my R6 in October of 2012. It curently has 4900 miles on it. This is due to (1) riding back and forth to work. 25 miles a day. I do believe I have participated in 2 FWMR rides. The rest of the miles aquired as of today have been track day riding. Since October of 2012 I have participated in 20 track day events riding, 4 in 2012 and 16 this year.

I prefer the track. NO cops, quick access to qualified medical attention, nice people and finally complete disconnect from the rest of the world. The last item is the most important to me. The 20 to 30 minutes on the track with complete focus on line, body position, function of the motorcycle and the increasing awareness of the world in front of me not behind is priceless.

I do enjoy the Texas country side while doing the 200 plus mile rides with members and friends of FWMR. The disconnect form the rest of the world and being with friends, enjoying food and conversation at the lunch places (Hard 8 Barbeque sucks in Stephenville) is important to me also. Just not enough weekends in the year.

Polokid69
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 23

Post by Polokid69 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:13 am

Fish R1 wrote:I just found this thread. There was a brief discussion about my perpetual meat ball status on Saturday. I have not had time to participate in any rides this summer due to pre scheduled track days and recent injury. I hope to carve out some time late this fall and complete my ride requirements. I also like the trash pick up events.
Once again pre scheduled track days and recent injury have kept me from these events also. I bought my R6 in October of 2012. It curently has 4900 miles on it. This is due to (1) riding back and forth to work. 25 miles a day. I do believe I have participated in 2 FWMR rides. The rest of the miles aquired as of today have been track day riding. Since October of 2012 I have participated in 20 track day events riding, 4 in 2012 and 16 this year.

I prefer the track. NO cops, quick access to qualified medical attention, nice people and finally complete disconnect from the rest of the world. The last item is the most important to me. The 20 to 30 minutes on the track with complete focus on line, body position, function of the motorcycle and the increasing awareness of the world in front of me not behind is priceless.

I do enjoy the Texas country side while doing the 200 plus mile rides with members and friends of FWMR. The disconnect form the rest of the world and being with friends, enjoying food and conversation at the lunch places (Hard 8 Barbeque sucks in Stephenville) is important to me also. Just not enough weekends in the year.

Hey, you ride when you have time, it will happen when it happens. By the way you guys inspired me Saturday to go ahead and sign up for a track day!
Current Bike:
KTM RC390

Previous Bikes:
2007 Kawasaki ZZR600
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX250
1983 Kawasaki GPZ550
1980 Yamaha RD400
1978 Yamaha DT 125
1978 Yamaha YZ 125
1975 Yamaha DT 100

Stardog82
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 14

Post by Stardog82 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 am

Mountains and mole hills. Club rides are fun, regardless of the difficulty level. Ain't no reason not to go.
I'm a Stardog, baby.
The Fresh Prince of Ft. Worth