Ride Smart Corner Working questions

Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
Tooner
Club Member
Club Member
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Ride Smart Corner Working questions

Post by Tooner » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:05 am

I am considering doing some corner working this year. What are the pro vrs cons, ups and downs of your experience with corner working?

Second question, I have only done 3 track days(all single days), all of which left me fairly drained of energy and ready for a beer and a good nights sleep. What are your thoughts on doing consecutive track days, say Saturday and Sunday? On day two have you been up to the effort of a second track day? Your thoughts??
Shane
Current ride and track: 2009 CBR 1000rr
2018 crf450r

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Re: Ride Smart Corner Working questions

Post by DarcShadow » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:09 am

Never worked a corner so I can't offer any comment there. But as raw as doing two days in a row, never had any problems. You'll be a bIt sore in the morning but that'll quickly work itself out. And if you feel your getting tired just skip a session. Almost all the seasoned riders skip at least one session or come in from a session early. I can't remember the last text I did where I didn't skip or come in early at least one.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:24 pm

As far as the corner working goes...it can get just a bit boring staying on the same corner unless it has a lot of action. But the good thing is it lets you look at that corner at a different perspective. You will clearly see the difference in the different levels and how the faster riders approach and tip in. Do it at least once! Better yet do it for a race day. That's pretty fun

I thought the same thing as you on the back to back days. I'm drained after one day! But I was offered to ride free the next day and figured why not! Truth is...it wasn't an issue what so ever. Matter of fact, I highly recommend it. All the things you were coached on you have time to think about and sleep on without having too much time between the next track weekend. You already have a fresh idea of the track and you can apply those skills right off the bat. One of my biggest improvements and best days was from doing a back to back!
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

JeffStrom
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 7

Post by JeffStrom » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:36 am

Two in a row wasn't a problem for me last year. I did skip the last session both days, but I may have done that anyway.

As for working corners. There are no bathroom breaks outside lunch. Sessions run back to back. Figure out if there will be shade or if you have to bring your own, it depends on the track. I have only done it once but it actually went pretty fast and I'm glad I did it.
Jeff - Street Triple 675R / GSX-R600 / F850GSA

nitzer
Achievement count: 8

Post by nitzer » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:43 am

When the weather is cooler I felt much better doing a two day stint. The last time I did a back to back day it was really hot and I was feeling my age the second day, but I usually sign up for 2. Lately I haven't ridden both days though. The last two multiple day sessions for me have been cancelled on the second day - one rained out and the other was the death of a rider.
- Derek
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (SOLD)
2003 Suzuki SV650S (SOLD)
2008 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor (Street)

Winning hearts and minds...two the heart, one to the mind.