TWS May 29th

Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
nitzer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 8

Re: TWS May 29th

Post by nitzer » Tue May 30, 2017 12:39 pm

I knew I had a full tank of gas before I left for the track. I did check it to make sure it was still full when I got back to the pits. Actually the main relay that controls the fuel pump, the blinkers, and apparently the neutral light popped out of the socket under the seat going 110mph down the front straight. Bike just died...check engine lights and wording was on the display. Thought it was a mechanical failure. Had no idea what was happening. Down shifted into 4th and still nothing. Throttle was dead. It was a bit un-nerving as the end of the straight was coming up. Maintaining a predictable line I coasted off into the grass and waited for the recovery truck. Once I pulled the seat and tail off, the relay was just sitting there - completely disconnected. I re-installed it and twist tied it in since I didn't have any zip ties with me. It stayed in the rest of the day without any further problems.
- Derek
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (SOLD)
2003 Suzuki SV650S (SOLD)
2008 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor (Street)

Winning hearts and minds...two the heart, one to the mind.

Sconway
Achievement count: 0

Re: TWS May 29th

Post by Sconway » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:42 pm

TWS was a blast. Once you get as comfortable as you can with the bumps you can really fly. The slow right hander, turn 10 is smooth. I will try and make my Labor Day plans here. Obligatory wheelie hill picture below. ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 Suzuki GSX-R750
2006 CBR 600RR #803
2019 Ohvale GP-0 190