YOOOO

Tell us a little about yourself and say hello to the gang. We would like to hear about who, what, and why you ride as well as how you found us.
fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Re: YOOOO

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:21 pm

DarcShadow wrote:F4i isn't too tame or heavy, but like any I4, keep the revs under 8 or 9 grand and it's pretty docile.
tame compared to a 600rr no? heavier, little less power, lower rev limit

edit: by tame I don't mean slow, I mean it's not a twitchy bitch putting down lots of power that will get you in trouble as fast as you can blink
K1600

Stardog
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 21

Post by Stardog » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:21 pm

milesmiles wrote:dat ninja 300.
Too expensive for a Ninja 250.
DR650
Have cool, will travel

LonestarCBR
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 32

Post by LonestarCBR » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Some has what appears to be a Kat 750 for sale at O'Rielly's here in town.

And only Suzuki guys would compare a Kat 750 and a CBR600. :-)
~ Terry
'12 Speed Triple 1050 ABS, '07 GSX-R750 (track)
Happiness isn't around the corner, it IS the corner.
Anybody can jump a motorcycle. The trouble begins when you try to land it. EK

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:23 pm

LonestarCBR wrote:Some has what appears to be a Kat 750 for sale at O'Rielly's here in town.

And only Suzuki guys would compare a Kat 750 and a CBR600. :-)
two different animals
K1600

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:24 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:
DarcShadow wrote:F4i isn't too tame or heavy, but like any I4, keep the revs under 8 or 9 grand and it's pretty docile.
tame compared to a 600rr no? heavier, little less power, lower rev limit

edit: by tame I don't mean slow, I mean it's not a twitchy bitch putting down lots of power that will get you in trouble as fast as you can blink
A little, but not by much, F4i is just an older version of the 600rr, and with Honda not really developing/changing their bikes much the last several years they may be even closer related than a 10 year old bike would normally be.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:27 pm

A few of us have trailers, if you find a bike you want hit us up we can help check it out and haul for you if you need it.
K1600

Stardog

Post by Stardog » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Yeah you want to take someone with you. Even now, 6 motorcycles in, I won't buy a bike without someone with me. Too easy to get excited and buy something junky.
DR650
Have cool, will travel

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Stardog84 wrote:Yeah you want to take someone with you. Even now, 6 motorcycles in, I won't buy a bike without someone with me. Too easy to get excited and buy something junky.
yea, you might end up with a buell or something
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:38 pm

milesmiles wrote:
Stardog84 wrote:Yeah you want to take someone with you. Even now, 6 motorcycles in, I won't buy a bike without someone with me. Too easy to get excited and buy something junky.
yea, you might end up with a buell or something
for the record when I went with him he came back with a GSXR
K1600

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Post by dufremle » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:52 pm

I tried to talk him out of the Buell, but he was dead set on it.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Stardog

Post by Stardog » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:55 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:for the record when I went with him he came back with a GSXR
Then I sold it for the bike that I wanted, rather than the one that seemed smart. :idea:
DR650
Have cool, will travel

NakedDentonite

Post by NakedDentonite » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:29 pm

I'll throw my .02 in. I would not recommend an inline 4 as your first machine. You need to worry about learning good riding habits and constantly scanning for danger and not worrying about hitting a sudden torque curve or having to be so careful with your right wrist.

You hve so many options now. Sports Vtwin, parallel twins, and triples all have much "friendlier" torque bands and can be tons of fun. An 04-09 sv650 is a BLAST! There's a reason why there's a racing class just for them and to upgrade the suspension just through a GSXR front end on. I'd own the crap out of that year SV.

I test rode the new R3 and coming from a liter bike, I can still say it was so much fun to ride. And there's something about being able to run it to redline and not be breaking the speed limit that is fun.in the first three gears for the r3 :)

The SV will let you wring the hell out of it and not complain one bit.
Wheelies are for weenies...
Carburetors get me good gas mileage....

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Stardog84 wrote:
fixxervi6 wrote:for the record when I went with him he came back with a GSXR
Then I sold it for the bike that I wanted, rather than the one that seemed smart. :idea:
If you are happy with bull the buell, then who cares?
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Stardog

Post by Stardog » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:37 pm

I like them all. Like women though. Not wealthy enough to have one from every manufacturer. :oops:

Thread jack complete. Never a hotter topic than first bike.
DR650
Have cool, will travel

Envy
Achievement count: 2

Post by Envy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:39 pm

Welcome!

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:11 am

Welcome. Come out to bikenight and you will get all the talking you can handle and more. Interviews or whatever. As for the first bike.... get something sooner than later and have fun. Smaller is better for the first bike but nothing is impossible. Just remember that if you start with a 650 or 250 or something like that then you will have a much better chance of learning quick and having less problems while learning. Plus you sell the bike for the same as you purchased it after a couple thousand miles so nothing is lost. All of that said my first sportbike was a ZX14 and I did fine but I did have an 82 Honda CB750K before that and learned the basics on it.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

WillK675
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:12 am

Welcome.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

nitzer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 8

Post by nitzer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Since I was in this boat 3 years ago I'll agree with starting on a 250. I bought a 250 for around $1800. Had some issues with it. Allowed me to learn how to work on a bike cheap. I did drop it and wasn't upset about it since it already had some rash on it. Rode it for about 4000 miles and then sold it for an SV650S. I'm glad I started on a 250 since it was light and easy to handle. It was super forgiving and does a lot to boost confidence in riding skills rather than worrying having to manage large amounts of power. Then when I stepped up to the SV650 I had much better clutch and throttle control. The SV is very forgiving, but it can startle you with the large torque curve. It won't pop the front wheel up if you jam on it too hard unless you really want it to (and you have to really try), but it can slide the rear wheel if you make a large throttle input in a corner. Think I sold the 250 for $1600 so almost what I paid for it. Probably could've got what I paid for it, but I was kinda in a hurry to sell it.
- Derek
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (SOLD)
2003 Suzuki SV650S (SOLD)
2008 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor (Street)

Winning hearts and minds...two the heart, one to the mind.

liquid-f4i

Post by liquid-f4i » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:19 pm

thank you all for the welcoming party :D
Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAKKE!

liquid-f4i

Post by liquid-f4i » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:25 pm

I don't mind a 650 but they are hard to come by around here especially when they sell for just a little less than the f4i, but yeah I guess a inline 4 is still not the friendliest.
as for 650's I only really know of 2 which are the ninja 650 and the sv650 which has fuel starving problems if you wheelie for a bit (I don't plan to get into as soon as I get a bike but I would like to learn eventually) and ninja 650's are just hard to come by if not pricey
Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAKKE!

liquid-f4i

Post by liquid-f4i » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 pm

as for why I don't want a 250 is mainly because I don't want to deal with idiotic drivers, get bullied by the wind (worse than others), lack of power to leave people on the highway behind if they are being sketchy and unless its like a 08+ model(hard to find well priced) it looks funny and has the banana seat. but if it is heavily advised, but beyond that I could get over those problems if it really is the best option.
Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAKKE!

liquid-f4i

Post by liquid-f4i » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 pm

as for why I don't want a 250 is mainly because I don't want to deal with idiotic drivers, get bullied by the wind (worse than others), lack of power to leave people on the highway behind if they are being sketchy and unless its like a 08+ model(hard to find well priced) it looks funny and has the banana seat. but if it is heavily advised, but beyond that I could get over those problems if it really is the best option.
Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAKKE!

liquid-f4i

Post by liquid-f4i » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:36 pm

Stardog84 wrote:
milesmiles wrote:dat ninja 300.
Too expensive for a Ninja 250.
:SideSplittingLaughter:
I just realized that considering it tops out at like less than 6 miles more than the 250 and is still pretty small
Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAKKE!

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:44 pm

liquid-f4i wrote:as for why I don't want a 250 is mainly because I don't want to deal with idiotic drivers, get bullied by the wind (worse than others), lack of power to leave people on the highway behind if they are being sketchy and unless its like a 08+ model(hard to find well priced) it looks funny and has the banana seat. but if it is heavily advised, but beyond that I could get over those problems if it really is the best option.
I wouldn't say it's the best option, I would say it is an option.
liquid-f4i wrote:.......the sv650 which has fuel starving problems if you wheelie for a bit .....
Hopefully you get that out of your system, stunting in a lot = skill that can be respected. Doing stand ups for distance on the roads other than a country ride power wheelie, not so much.
K1600

liquid-f4i

Post by liquid-f4i » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:02 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:
liquid-f4i wrote:as for why I don't want a 250 is mainly because I don't want to deal with idiotic drivers, get bullied by the wind (worse than others), lack of power to leave people on the highway behind if they are being sketchy and unless its like a 08+ model(hard to find well priced) it looks funny and has the banana seat. but if it is heavily advised, but beyond that I could get over those problems if it really is the best option.
I wouldn't say it's the best option, I would say it is an option.
liquid-f4i wrote:.......the sv650 which has fuel starving problems if you wheelie for a bit .....
Hopefully you get that out of your system, stunting in a lot = skill that can be respected. Doing stand ups for distance on the roads other than a country ride power wheelie, not so much.
Oh, sorry ,yeah I didn't mean on the road, that's just begging people to report you and get tickets if you get caught. I really just meant like unused parking lots, and any small place I can get permission. Even then, that's just every now and then, not often but I still don't like the idea of not know how long is hazardous to the bike but if I did buy a sv650s do they still make fairings for it?
Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAKKE!