New Here!

Tell us a little about yourself and say hello to the gang. We would like to hear about who, what, and why you ride as well as how you found us.
Benitez1117
Achievement count: 0

Re: New Here!

Post by Benitez1117 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:59 pm

I won't be able to tomorrow, possibly Sunday
Architecture should speak of its time and place, but yearn for timelessness. ~Frank Gehry

2011 Ninja ZX-10R
Alex

LonestarCBR
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 32

Post by LonestarCBR » Mon May 04, 2015 4:13 pm

Dude, if you'll hold that meatball photo trophy over you're head you'll start to look like miles. I'm not saying do it...I'm just saying. :D
~ Terry
'12 Speed Triple 1050 ABS, '07 GSX-R750 (track)
Happiness isn't around the corner, it IS the corner.
Anybody can jump a motorcycle. The trouble begins when you try to land it. EK

NakedDentonite

Post by NakedDentonite » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:11 am

Holy cow time flies. I know I haven't been active at all. Started a new job working law enforcement in 09/2015. Been busy busy. Got into the AutoX scene with a NA Miata, had an absolute blast, but just sold that. Have a dirtbike as well that I'm looking to sell.

Still have the 02 FZ1, now with 52K miles. Love it as much as when I first got it. :cool:

I'm thinking I want to dabble in some track days and go for some group rides with yall. Possibly get a supersport for the track, but only if I can get a good deal. 600s scare me because most of the Clist owners are squids and probably abused the bike. I'll try to stay in touch more. :idea:
Wheelies are for weenies...
Carburetors get me good gas mileage....

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:44 pm

NakedDentonite wrote:Holy cow time flies. I know I haven't been active at all. Started a new job working law enforcement in 09/2015. Been busy busy. Got into the AutoX scene with a NA Miata, had an absolute blast, but just sold that. Have a dirtbike as well that I'm looking to sell.

Still have the 02 FZ1, now with 52K miles. Love it as much as when I first got it. :cool:

I'm thinking I want to dabble in some track days and go for some group rides with yall. Possibly get a supersport for the track, but only if I can get a good deal. 600s scare me because most of the Clist owners are squids and probably abused the bike. I'll try to stay in touch more. :idea:
What is the reason for selling the dirtbike? There are several on here that have dirt bikes and ride them.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

NakedDentonite

Post by NakedDentonite » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:30 pm

I was towing it with the Miata, I sold the Miata. And yes the AutoX Miata did just fine towing it. Also I don't have anyone to ride with. I wouldn't mind keeping it, if people want to pick me up on the way to Red River or Rocky Ridge Ranch. My roommate has a truck he says he will let me borrow sometimes too.

I'm just clearing the garage because I may be joining the military in Sept (awaiting board approval for a pilot position in the Air Force), and needed to downsize my fleet of toys.

its an 03 YZ250F, just freshly serviced and valves inspected and adjusted, new chain and sprockets, new hot start valve and line and stiff MX suspension. $1900 OBO.

Plus that money could go to track days! I do love the times Ive had in the dirt. Learned a lot and had a lot of fun, only been out a handful of times. The dirtbike scares me way more than my FZ does! Ha!

nitzer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 8

Post by nitzer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:48 pm

I used to AutoX my NA Miata when I had it. Great fun...
- Derek
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (SOLD)
2003 Suzuki SV650S (SOLD)
2008 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor (Street)

Winning hearts and minds...two the heart, one to the mind.

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Post by dufremle » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Years ago I autocrossed my 2000 Celica GTS for a couple of years. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately I had put in a short shifter (6 speed) that moved me into a class where I was competing with cars with much heavier mods. If I ever get another sports car I might do it again.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

NakedDentonite

Post by NakedDentonite » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:06 am

Whoa. This is crazy. I have an 04 GTS. Also a short shifter is my only mod! What a coincidence. Isn't VVTLI pretty fun. Kicks much harder than VTEC, if less powerband friendly.

Yeah I loved the Miata. But its sold and I just bought an 09 ZX6R for some track days!!!! Thread to come.

Maybe I'll hold onto the Dirtbike. Who knows. Depends if a seller comes around for the right price