Excited!

Tell us a little about yourself and say hello to the gang. We would like to hear about who, what, and why you ride as well as how you found us.
Synthlife
Achievement count: 0

Excited!

Post by Synthlife » Fri May 21, 2010 11:07 pm

I love my life! and I love to ride my bike!
I had the pleasure of meeting Joe (meatball) at the swimming pool where I live and he told me about this group!...I have been riding for 18 years, however I have never had any training on riding with a group and ride by my self . I enjoy long trips, but I will like once I get some tips to start doing some twisties, but basically I am here just to have a great time, learn as much as I can and make some friends. I will also will like to learn some tips on maintenance and just about everything about motorcycles. I was very impressed by the phylosophy that this group goes by. I think safety is very important. I am looking forward to meet everyone of you at the bike night. My bike was just sitting there for almost a year since i moved from Arizona and I am ready! I am looking to do some moderate rides. (I consider myself a beginer) And eventually I would love to go on the track...once I am ready. I wear two piece leathers, boots, gloves and a helmet even when sometimes is too hot!. I took the MSF beginer course not long ago . I want to learn how to ride smart and have fun!..I have a GRSX 750 2007 that I totally love!, but most important i want to make some good friends and learn from them Thank you very much :-D
I love my life!

El Diabro
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 18

Re: Excited!

Post by El Diabro » Sat May 22, 2010 12:36 am

Welcome aboard!!!
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*

armedandinsain
Achievement count: 26

Post by armedandinsain » Sat May 22, 2010 1:01 am

welcome to the boards, happy to see you found it ok
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling at the top of your lungs "Holy Shit...What a ride!"

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Sat May 22, 2010 6:13 am

Welcome! We have a bike night coming up, Thursday night. You should come out and join us.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

WillK675
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Sat May 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Welcome. Hit the bike night link at the top of the page for all the info, and come join us Thursday. And you've found a good group. There is a lot of knowledge in our club, and we like to share it. We like sharing it even better when your up for learning, so you should fit right in.

Look forward to meeting you, and ride safe.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Sat May 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Welcome!
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Sat May 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Welcome ... this is really a good group and they are alot of fun as well. I am sure you will find it to your liking. Hope to see you at bike night.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:59 pm

Sounds like we are the right group for what you are looking for. Hope to see ya thursday at Bike Night. Our Bike Nights are not rides, but a gathering to get to know the people who will be riding next to you. If you can, drag Joe out of his house and join us at Bike Night.

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Sat May 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Synthlife wrote:I love my life! and I love to ride my bike!
I had the pleasure of meeting Joe (meatball) at the swimming pool where I live and he told me about this group!...I have been riding for 18 years, however I have never had any training on riding with a group and ride by my self . I enjoy long trips, but I will like once I get some tips to start doing some twisties, but basically I am here just to have a great time, learn as much as I can and make some friends. I will also will like to learn some tips on maintenance and just about everything about motorcycles. I was very impressed by the phylosophy that this group goes by. I think safety is very important. I am looking forward to meet everyone of you at the bike night. My bike was just sitting there for almost a year since i moved from Arizona and I am ready! I am looking to do some moderate rides. (I consider myself a beginer) And eventually I would love to go on the track...once I am ready. I wear two piece leathers, boots, gloves and a helmet even when sometimes is too hot!. I took the MSF beginer course not long ago . I want to learn how to ride smart and have fun!..I have a GRSX 750 2007 that I totally love!, but most important i want to make some good friends and learn from them Thank you very much :-D
Welcome to the boards, and bring Joe with you to Bike Night Thursday. Joe missed the last one. You've been riding for 18 years and consider yourself a beginner? Short term memory problem? me too. :-)
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Sun May 23, 2010 1:45 am

KC817 wrote:Welcome to the boards, and bring Joe with you to Bike Night Thursday. Joe missed the last one. You've been riding for 18 years and consider yourself a beginner? Short term memory problem? me too. :-)
Actually if it was short term memory loss then after 18 years he would still know a whole lot from the long term memory if I understand the workings of short and long term memory. I believe that the long term memory does not depend on the short term memory to work..... but then im no doctor. In any case if this is the way things are and should be then he would have to have short and long term memory loss in order to be at beginner status after 18 years. But then you also must consider that one only gets as good as one practices, which is to say that if you do not practice proper technique then the technique you will likely have is going to be that of a beginner.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

CrazyKuban
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider

Post by CrazyKuban » Sun May 23, 2010 6:10 am

Welcome. :))
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

Meat of Snail

Post by Meat of Snail » Sun May 23, 2010 8:49 am

welcome, come meet us at bike night and keep an eye on our club rides section for new rides
Meat of Snail ==> AKA: Snail Meat
Bike: ZX-10R 2007 Special Edition
IBA# 41998

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Sun May 23, 2010 9:14 am

DemonDuck wrote:
KC817 wrote:Welcome to the boards, and bring Joe with you to Bike Night Thursday. Joe missed the last one. You've been riding for 18 years and consider yourself a beginner? Short term memory problem? me too. :-)
Actually if it was short term memory loss then after 18 years he would still know a whole lot from the long term memory if I understand the workings of short and long term memory. I believe that the long term memory does not depend on the short term memory to work..... but then im no doctor. In any case if this is the way things are and should be then he would have to have short and long term memory loss in order to be at beginner status after 18 years. But then you also must consider that one only gets as good as one practices, which is to say that if you do not practice proper technique then the technique you will likely have is going to be that of a beginner.
This is the kind of things that go through my head when I have been awake for way to long. :-D
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Sun May 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Pretty sure if you don't retain short term memories, you're not going to remember them long term either.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Sun May 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Like I said sleep was needed really bad when I posted that.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Synthlife

Post by Synthlife » Mon May 24, 2010 12:24 am

:D I am looking forward to meeting the group. Thank you for the comments. I will see what plans does Joe have for next Thursday.
I love my life!

armedandinsain
Achievement count: 26

Post by armedandinsain » Mon May 24, 2010 1:48 am

I'm in for bike night, synthlife if u want to ride together I will be living about 6 just meet me at my place
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling at the top of your lungs "Holy Shit...What a ride!"

Grinner
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Mon May 24, 2010 12:07 pm

Welcome to the gaggle!
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

sauter0966

Post by sauter0966 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:41 pm

Warm Welcome, always good to see new faces come hang out on bike night!!
:icon_woohoo:

2track
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 21

Post by 2track » Sun May 30, 2010 10:24 am

Welcome !