new question

Tell us a little about yourself and say hello to the gang. We would like to hear about who, what, and why you ride as well as how you found us.
Orod

Re: new question

Post by Orod » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:44 pm

Thanks everybody for the input, I will try to make it out tonight, so look forward to seeing you all.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Orod, were you able to make it out? If so I must of missed you.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

WOOSAB
Achievement count: 0

Post by WOOSAB » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:22 pm

I'm a insurance agent and have been for about 5 years now. Before i was a agent i used to ride without a helmet. I grew up in Chicago and never wore a helmet becuase i wanted to be able to talk to the ladies down on lake shore drive. Then i moved to Atlanta and stopped ridding because i had to wear a helmet. Well my first death i experienced as a insurance agent was a motorcycle rider i insured. He wasn't wearing a helmet and a guy not pay attention ran into the back of him and pushed him out into traffic. It wasn't the car the rear ended him or the car that stuck him in the side when he got pushed out into traffic that killed him it was the force to front of his head from the pavement that killed him. If he would of been wearing a helmet he would be alive today. Through my career i've had 6 deaths on bikes. A helmet increases our chance of survival but lets be honest. I'm sure some won't like this but we are all putting our lives at great risk everytime we jump on one of these bikes. We stunt, we speed ect. All these things increase our chances of injury. The worst part is other drivers we are at there mercy. In my office anyone i insure i make sure we talk about life insurance... the term for these sports bikes in the insurance world is " Donor Cycle"

with that said i try to ride at least 1 hour each day that the sun is shinning and over 60degrees. and i always wear a helmet and my life insurance is for 3'xs mt debt/worth..
State Farm Agent Justin Wilson
goteamwilson.com

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Good Point.
I'm also an Organ Donar ~ why not? I'm putting myself at high risk and if something unfortunate happens to me, someone may live ~ to go motorcycling. Doh !
Looking forward to meeting you.
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:19 am

Well I am not an organ donar but my wife knows I want to donate my organs if I die. I have been told by people that work in the ER that organ donar on the license is actually taken in account by the ER Doc's when they decide triage. An organ donar that the doc thinks is not likely to survive and then a non organ donar that the doc thinks is not likely to survive come in at the same time. The doc will try to save the non organ donar knowing that if the organ donar dies then at least his/her organs can still save someone else.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:24 am

Works for me!
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

WOOSAB

Post by WOOSAB » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:14 am

DemonDuck wrote:Well I am not an organ donar but my wife knows I want to donate my organs if I die. I have been told by people that work in the ER that organ donar on the license is actually taken in account by the ER Doc's when they decide triage. An organ donar that the doc thinks is not likely to survive and then a non organ donar that the doc thinks is not likely to survive come in at the same time. The doc will try to save the non organ donar knowing that if the organ donar dies then at least his/her organs can still save someone else.
This is false or is supposed to be.. My wife works in the ER at a local hospital..
goteamwilson.com

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:18 am

I'm a donor also, it's on my license. If they scrape me off the road, I want them to know to rush me to get picked apart ASAP so maybe my usable parts will help somebody else live.

DD, even if your wife knows you want to be a donor, it'll probably be too late by the time she can talk to anyone to tell them. They have to get you dissected quick for your organs to be viable. If you want to be a donor, you should really register as one.

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:23 am

:icon_whs0be:
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles

Bailout

Post by Bailout » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:52 pm

:icon_whs0be:
When the buildings look like buildings..........Get something in the WIND ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!
2004 V-Rod 1250
2010 48" Gravity Longboard
1999 Old Man corvette Convertible

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Yea but I also dont want to be that guy that gets the wellllll if I can only save one then at least this guy is a organ doner so ill save the other guy. LOL. But then I guess I could also look at that as I saved another life before even using my organs to do it. Is there a way you can put stipulations on who your organs go to? I need to know im saving people worth saving ... lol.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Just let me die
The world needs Miles

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:27 pm

DemonDuck wrote:Yea but I also dont want to be that guy that gets the wellllll if I can only save one then at least this guy is a organ doner so ill save the other guy. LOL. But then I guess I could also look at that as I saved another life before even using my organs to do it. Is there a way you can put stipulations on who your organs go to? I need to know im saving people worth saving ... lol.
Which do you think is more likely:

1. You're in a motorcycle crash that is probably not survivable, you're dying in the ambulance on the way over there, and when you get to the hospital there *just so happens* to be somebody who rolled in at the *exact same time* who is also probably not survivable, is also dying in the ambulance on the way over, and isn't a donor, so the doctors break the rules and you lose in the triage. The docs *just so happen* to talk to your wife (instead of fixing the other guy) and find out that you want to be a donor even though your license doesn't say so, so they open you up, pull out your viable guts, and dial a bunch of pagers to get recipients to the hospital ASAP.

- OR -

2. You're in a motorcycle crash that is probably not survivable, you don't actually survive, but the EMTs saw you're a donor and called it in so the hospital already prepped an OR for you to get your guts taken out.

If you *really* think #1 is more likely to happen to you, you might as well just not gear up or anything because you're the luckiest MF alive and the odds don't apply to you.

Just check the dang "donor" box and maybe save a life when you screw up and go splat.
milesmiles wrote:Just let me die
Stop wearing your helmet, your odds of non-survival will go way up. :D

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Stop wearing your helmet, your odds of non-survival will go way up. :D

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:34 pm

I didn't say i wanted to die, im just saying in the event that someone else can live and i'm only a "maybe" let me die.
The world needs Miles

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:38 pm

I think I am going to try my best to screw up most of my organs that nobody can use them anyway.... bring the drinking on! :)) Im with ya Miles if someone else has a better chance then im cool with it. I just hope that I can take out whoever ran me off the road before I die... lol. I actually was a organ doner on my last license but for some reason im not on the one I have now. Either way the next one ill make sure I am a organ doner on it becuase I do believe in saving some ppl with my organs.... just wish I could put some stipulations on it.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:40 pm

DemonDuck wrote:I actually was a organ doner on my last license but for some reason im not on the one I have now.
I hate that, you have to remember to check the box every time you renew. :(

WillK675

Post by WillK675 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:43 pm

DemonDuck wrote:I think I am going to try my best to screw up most of my organs that nobody can use them anyway.... bring the drinking on! :)) Im with ya Miles if someone else has a better chance then im cool with it. I just hope that I can take out whoever ran me off the road before I die... lol. I actually was a organ doner on my last license but for some reason im not on the one I have now. Either way the next one ill make sure I am a organ doner on it becuase I do believe in saving some ppl with my organs.... just wish I could put some stipulations on it.

The doctors already have stipulations, that the recipeient has to meet to even be on the recipeients list. I'm pretty sure your stipulations are not going to be tougher than theirs.

As for me. I've got a living will that outlines that type of stuff. It's online, and the information to get to it is on my medical alert braclet/necklace. So by the time the Ambulance has gotten me to the hospital they have already pulled up my living will, and read in what circumstances they may let me go to use my organs, or work on me to keep me alive. I was very specific.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Sweet idea. I like that better.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

WOOSAB

Post by WOOSAB » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:27 pm

Pm we need to talk abou life insurance then...
goteamwilson.com

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:39 pm

I want my brain sucked up into a computer, later to be inserted into a robot.
Long Live U-Turn !
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:48 pm

WOOSAB wrote:

Pm we need to talk abou life insurance then...
:SideSplittingLaughter:
The world needs Miles

Archibald

Post by Archibald » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:49 am

Just check the donor box. It may be you that needs an organ someday. If something happens to me and I can help save another, fine, not like I'll be needing the parts anymore. If something happens to someone else and they save me, great, thank you.

Question is, how does the ER personel even know if your a donor when you get there? In my experience they're more interested in stabilizing you first rather than identifying you and if your a donor.
2003 Honda VFR 800, 2002 Honda VTX1800S

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:32 am

Archibald wrote:Question is, how does the ER personel even know if your a donor when you get there? In my experience they're more interested in stabilizing you first rather than identifying you and if your a donor.
At some point when you die (or shortly before), they probably look for ID so they know who it was that died. If the EMTs don't do it, the hospital personnel would.

(that's a guess, I don't know for sure)

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:48 pm

I am sure that is one of the first things that happens before EMT even get there so they can try and contact emergency numbers and such. Also so they have info for ya. I could be wrong as I have never done any of that stuff.

Also in some religions if you say have a tattoo that goes all the way around the arm then you do not have that arm in the afterlife..... I would hate to not have my organs in the afterlife! :))
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold