just joined up, whats up!

Tell us a little about yourself and say hello to the gang. We would like to hear about who, what, and why you ride as well as how you found us.
twiggy
Achievement count: 0

just joined up, whats up!

Post by twiggy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:44 pm

hey whats up! my name is scott greene, ive lived in fort worth all my life untill ten years ago when i moved to mansfield. im 34 and started riding in 2003, my first bike was a 1977 KZ 1000 cruiser. i dont reccomend that for a first bike at all! i never wrecked but i dropped that heavy fucker 100 times! i moved to a 99 ninja 500 and had lots of fun with it, then up to a 95 ninja 750. in 07 i bought my first showroom floor bike, a 07 R1 and totaled it four weeks later. i was doing about 90 on irving blvd when a car didnt see me and darted across traffic and plowed right into me. only one night in the hospital( thanks to my helmet and riding gear) but my bike was literally broke in half. i ended up getting another 07 R1 and loved it untill i had to trade her in on a chevy tahoe. i am married with four kids( hence the reason why i had to get an SUV) i work as a welder and live in mansfield. i currently do not own a bike, but should have that taken care of by february or early march. i want to get the 2011 candy red R1 with the skulls but might have to settle for an 09 or 08. either way ill be back to normal come spring. riding for me is like therapy for others, it keeps me sane. anyway that is a little about me i would like to attend some bike nights at fox to start getting to know you guys and gals. ive never been involved with a club and always had to ride solo. this time around i want to be a part of something and ride with a good group.

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Re: just joined up, whats up!

Post by Telomere » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Welcome to the boards. You found a good group of riders. Sorry to hear about the wreck on your brand new bike in 2007. I bet that just broke your heart to see her lying there in half :(( but I know the feeling (sorta). I ride a 2010 Ninja 250 (have only been riding since last July) and bought brand new last year. I had her for 4 months when I almost totaled her. I was in the hospital for a few hours (but seemed like forever because my husband was fetching my bike while I was laying in the ER). My husband loves me enough that he rebuilt her for me so the insurance company didn't total her out.

You can still come to bike nights whether you have a bike or not. Some of us ride and some of cage it. Bike night is about getting to know new faces and pretty much just sit around have a beer or two (or more) and shoot the shit. Come out and hang with us in December.

Once you get your new bike, come out for a club ride. Those are posted in the Club ride section so once you are able to join us, keep an eye out one being posted. Maybe you can even join us for some trackdays later in the year too. Some of us have a new addiction but (I won't call out any names ahem, RHINO, STRIPLE) it is worth the time and money out there.

Glad you found us and hope to see you in December (8th, I believe) at bike night!!!

twiggy

Post by twiggy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:16 pm

thanks for the reply, ya i felt like throwing up when i went to the impound yard to get my DESTROYED bike, but at least i survived right! dec 8 th huh? ill be there im sure you guys wont be hard to find, untill then have a good one

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:22 pm

welcome!!
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Welcome! Like Telomere said come on out to bike night and meet the rest of the group. P.S. We all hate to ride solo.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:32 pm

Welcome... hope to see you at bikenight. I ride solo alot ... would rather be in a group but I will take solo over the truck any day.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:38 pm

Welcome!
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

2track
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 21

Post by 2track » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:52 am

Welcome !

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:11 pm

Welcome!
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

El Diabro
Achievement count: 18

Post by El Diabro » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:31 am

welcome to the boards! As was mentioned, you've found a good place with good people!!!
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*

WillK675
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:40 am

Welcome!
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

PinkFiddy
Achievement count: 12

Post by PinkFiddy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:14 am

howdy!

:o
I'm a big kid with the mentality of a Racoon & the energy of a Fiddy.
lalaloo!
Dolce Fonyete :D