New guy here

Tell us a little about yourself and say hello to the gang. We would like to hear about who, what, and why you ride as well as how you found us.
Oldman
Achievement count: 0

New guy here

Post by Oldman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:07 pm

How's going? I just stumbled across this site while looking for people from my neck of the woods to ride with. My name is David and I ride an 06 zx10. Been riding bikes since I was 6 and enjoy anything with two wheels. Over the years I have owned all kinds of bikes and loved everyone of em. Right now I have the zx and an 06 klr 650. I don't get as much time as id like to ride but my 2 youngest are getting their mc licenses so I will make time. My son is 16 and just completed his course. I gave him my aprilia rsv Mille r. He also has his kx250 for playing in the dirt. He's been on dirt bikes for about three years and will be riding with me for the first year. My daughter is 15 and her course is next month. She has always been a 4 wheeler in the mud kinda girl. Now she's interested in two wheels. So to start out I got her a new 250cc scooter. She's happy....I'm happy :). We live 20 min southwest of fort worth so traffic isn't as big of a deal. Anyway I'd like to meet a group of good people to ride with that doesn't mind a newb. My son Zach will be along a lot. And if he decides he may join. For me I'm good with taking it easy but if I get the chance and know the area I like to play a little. Nothing crazy. I would also like to get into track days for us. I'm hoping before long my daughter will get into it more too. Btw I have an awesome wife of 17 years that rides on back most of the time but she has her sportster also.

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Re: New guy here

Post by dufremle » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Welcome!
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Rhino
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Welcome! Sounds like you've got a serious two-wheel family.

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Welcome, we don't get too crazy around here, just some off roading here and there :-)
K1600

Oldman

Post by Oldman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Thanks. We try to do stuff together as much as possible and I have always tried to keep the kids into outdoors stuff. We all like fast cars playing in the mud on dirt bikes/4wheelers/go-carts/mountain bikes and we all like to hunt and fish and just hang out.my daughter and i have a couple horses . And we bought a used sail boat last year (never thought id like it but i do)Most of which I haven't had a lot of time for lately. But were working on it.

WillK675

Post by WillK675 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Welcome. You've found a good group here. Events are fairly scattered right now with the winter, but keep an eye on the rides sections, you never know when a ride will pop up. Our bike nights right now are once a month and we've had our December one. I hope you and your family can make it out in January to meet everyone. Don't worry about it being at Fox n Hound, the kids are welcome, it is a very family friendly place. And our bike nights are about hanging out and getting to know the people we ride with, so don't fret in caging it if the weather is bad.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Welcome!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Welcome!
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

Oldman

Post by Oldman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Last edited by Oldman on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldman

Post by Oldman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Thanks we will do our best to be there. My only problem is work I teach for UTArlington but most is at remote sights plus I am an inspector on petroleum storage tanks. So between the two I'm gone a lot.heck not that I have much time for it but I'm also an outreach trainer for OSHA general and construction industry including medic first aid (if anyone here ever needs it). I mostly just do it for friends and family when I have time. So if we don't make it to a lot try not to hold it against us :).

Is anyone here going to the big Texas toy run Sunday? We are if anyone is interested in riding out.

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Glad to have you on the boards. I'm not sure if anyone is doing the Texas toy run, as we did our own just a few weeks ago, but you never know
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:35 pm

UTA, huh?

One of our members and his wife are both grad students there in Biology, and I think another member is a student.

Oldman

Post by Oldman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:47 am

Good to hear.. Must be a good group then :)

PinkFiddy
Achievement count: 12

Post by PinkFiddy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:00 am

Oldman wrote:Thanks. We try to do stuff together as much as possible and I have always tried to keep the kids into outdoors stuff. We all like fast cars playing in the mud on dirt bikes/4wheelers/go-carts/mountain bikes and we all like to hunt and fish and just hang out.my daughter and i have a couple horses . And we bought a used sail boat last year (never thought id like it but i do)Most of which I haven't had a lot of time for lately. But were working on it.
Howdy! Make sure when you do show you meet my boyfriend Grinner. I think you two would definitely hit it off.
We don't have many girls in the club, but those that we do I'm sure will help make your daughter feel welcome, and maybe if she's got any friend she can bring them too and help us build that section.

Any ways, glad to see you found us. It's a great group and you'll definitely enjoy yourself.

:o
I'm a big kid with the mentality of a Racoon & the energy of a Fiddy.
lalaloo!
Dolce Fonyete :D

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:48 am

If you're 20 min south west of town you're probably pretty much in the back yard of Grinner and the local track. Motorsport Ranch in Cresson is great track to learn on and you owe it to yourself to give it a try especially if you're as much of a gear head as you sound. :)

Look forward to meeting you and the family. We've got a very wide age range of members. We've had everyone from 18 through 60 ride with us, we are clearly not your typicaly sport bike club, and we're proud of that fact.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Oldman

Post by Oldman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks a lot everyone. And you hit the nail on the head for location we are in godley. I have wanted to get on the track but I'm always working when they have classes and can't afford membership. Hopefully can swing a couple days for jato do theclasses

Grinner
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Trackdays are cheap and dont require a membership. Perfect for the majority of this group. Being Im just up the road from you, PM me some time if you would like to meet up and discuss gettin on the track at Cresson.
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Welcome to the boards! Since it is too cold for some of wussies, you won't miss much riding during the winter but when it starts to warm up, we are almost always out on the weekends so I am sure you will be able to meet up with some of us.

That is awesome that they kids are into it too. So are mine but one is too little to ride "bitch" and he refuses to learn to ride his pedal bike. Once he learns to ride that, I think I might be able to talk Fixxer (my husband) into getting him an 85cc bike. My 14 year old daughter will be taking the MSF dirt bike course in 2 weeks. She got a 125cc for xmas from us :D She has been itching to get out and ride it. No one else in my family has a dirt bike so she will be going to dirt tracks until we either get a dirt bike or she gets a buddy for the trails.

Can't wait to meet you and the family (we are into the outdoors too).

Jenson

Post by Jenson » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:56 am

Welcome! Godley is my old stomping grounds. My dad lives off of 2331 and 916. Your kids are lucky to have a dad that supports their 2 wheeled endevors.
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That's why God created fast motorcycles, bubba." --Hunter S. Thompson
'02 F4i- Behold the awesome power of zip-ties.

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:58 am

Welcome. Hope to see ya around.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Oldman

Post by Oldman » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Thanks everyone and yes I'd love to get us on the track. Pm sent. And where we live we have a few places to ride. Maybe the kids can plan a day to get out and ride. We are looking forward to meet everyone

2track
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 21

Post by 2track » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:42 am

Just wanted to say Hi & welcome. Sorry so late been very busy as of late. Hope to meet you at one of our functions.

Oldman

Post by Oldman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Thanks and no big deal I understand the busy thing.

EasyMoney

Post by EasyMoney » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Hello and Welcome!!!