Hello and maybe someone can help

Tell us a little about yourself and say hello to the gang. We would like to hear about who, what, and why you ride as well as how you found us.
oneman

Hello and maybe someone can help

Post by oneman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:19 am

Hi,
I have lived in Fort Worth since 2008 when I came here for Law School. I have owned my 99 Yamaha R1 since 1999 when I was in the military. The other day, someone came into the apartment complex, RiverPark Place in Fort Worth, cut the main gate chain, then cut my chain on the lock I had and stole my bike. I have filed a Police Report and currently am scouring the internet or any place that someone may have my bike. I don't even know if this is the right place to post this but, I figured bike enthusiasts would understand my anger, frustration, and worry. If any of you attend a bike night or happen to see my bike driving down the street please let any police department know or myself. I would have loved to ride with a club but now it is not going to happen. I have attached a pic of my bike. The blue and white is different from any other bike. The wolf underseat exhaust is also particularly different.
Attachments
bike.jpg

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Re: Hello and maybe someone can help

Post by milesmiles » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:26 am

http://www.fwmr.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 0&start=25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
here is the link, 99% sure it's the same apartment complex
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:41 am

Yeah, sounds like the same place as Polokid69. They recovered his bike, so maybe they'll find yours if it was the same guys.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:48 pm

I am sorry to hear about that. It totally sucks and I hope that they either recover it or the insurance company will reimburse you nicely for it. Welcome to the boards though (even under the horrible circumstances for bringing you on board).
Chance favors the prepared mind.

El Diabro
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 18

Post by El Diabro » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:40 pm

sorry to hear about the theft. Welcome to the boards and I hope insurance covers it all and you can get back to riding soon!!!
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*

WillK675
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:55 am

Welcome to the boards. That sucks. I hope your back up and riding soon. Feel free to come out to bike night tonight, and meet the gaggle despite the loss.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:09 pm

If it's not the same apartment complex it's at least the same MO...
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

PinkFiddy
Achievement count: 12

Post by PinkFiddy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:48 am

Howdy!
Sorry to hear about the bike. I hope they find whoever did this. You really gotta wonder what makes some people tick sometimes. She sure is perty.

Anyways, hopefully you'll get it back and can show her off at a bike night sometime. Glad you found us. We're a great group and I know you'd enjoy yourself.
Take care and good luck.

:o
I'm a big kid with the mentality of a Racoon & the energy of a Fiddy.
lalaloo!
Dolce Fonyete :D

Polokid69
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 23

Post by Polokid69 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:31 am

oneman wrote:Hi,
I have lived in Fort Worth since 2008 when I came here for Law School. I have owned my 99 Yamaha R1 since 1999 when I was in the military. The other day, someone came into the apartment complex, RiverPark Place in Fort Worth, cut the main gate chain, then cut my chain on the lock I had and stole my bike. I have filed a Police Report and currently am scouring the internet or any place that someone may have my bike. I don't even know if this is the right place to post this but, I figured bike enthusiasts would understand my anger, frustration, and worry. If any of you attend a bike night or happen to see my bike driving down the street please let any police department know or myself. I would have loved to ride with a club but now it is not going to happen. I have attached a pic of my bike. The blue and white is different from any other bike. The wolf underseat exhaust is also particularly different.
Yep, same complex as mine. Hope they find yours soon, I'm still in insurance hell waiting on a decision on how much they are paying me. I wish you luck in finding it.
Current Bike:
KTM RC390

Previous Bikes:
2007 Kawasaki ZZR600
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX250
1983 Kawasaki GPZ550
1980 Yamaha RD400
1978 Yamaha DT 125
1978 Yamaha YZ 125
1975 Yamaha DT 100