New Navy Destroyers...

This section can be controversial. All opinions and arguments are welcome. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
LonestarCBR
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 32

Re: New Navy Destroyers...

Post by LonestarCBR » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:28 am

Glass factory...I like it.
~ Terry
'12 Speed Triple 1050 ABS, '07 GSX-R750 (track)
Happiness isn't around the corner, it IS the corner.
Anybody can jump a motorcycle. The trouble begins when you try to land it. EK

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:48 am

Problem is it never stops where you think. Look at each WW and you will see that at first everyone though "No big deal its just one little bit of land right next to them and that's all they want". In my opinion the problem is that we poke a stick at the bees nest when we should burn the whole freaking tree that the nest is in. In other words our politics prevent our Generals from doing what needs to be done and in turn allows the nut jobs to develop more and be more of a threat. We don't need to respond to everything that happens in the world but if it is something that is enough of a danger on a large scale that we are forced to do something about it then the only thing politicians should be able to say is go do it. From there everything should be on the Military without any restraint or outside influence.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:59 am

Spoken like a true warrior. Amen.
~ Terry

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:16 am

To add to that .... did you know every war or "police action" or whatever you want to call it that we did not Win with a W was due to politicians. "Yes General we want you to wipe them out but we need you to do it with 100,000 troops, also no tanks, ohh yea don't use the 50 cal because it makes a mess and don't look nice, but we will give ya a full 3 months to finish it all and be home." Then we have losses and they add troops and support that was requested slow like.... a few thousand at a time. We keep having issues and spend so much money because its taking so long until one day a new POTUS is in place and pulls the troops out. Now we have to go back later of course because the place really hates us because we either gave them hope and then pulled out when they needed us most or because we came in and busted them a few times in the face but never gave the knockout punch to ensure we would never see them again and they want revenge. Both sides hate us at this point.

Now if instead of 100,000 troops and no tanks and no 50 cal and 3 months to do it (in reality took many years to get pulled out) the General just had his hands untied he would have put 150k Marines in day 1 to take the beach and secure a foothold then 500k Army the next day and pushed in from there the whole deal would be over in weeks with very little loss of American life and we would walk back out with a huge victory and giving the place to our allies over (wherever it is we are talking about) and BAM its a friendly place to us. YAY we all win. (and the Marines are happy for a while having had a chance to let out some steam)
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:43 am

Spoken like a man running for office. Amen! :SideSplittingLaughter:

Seriously, yes, it's pretty simple, commit. The problem...politicians are never committed to anything 100% except getting elected, then re-elected. Set term limits, maybe even one longer term, so they don't spend 1/2 the time trying to get re-elected and can focus on the real task at hand. And get rid of PACs. This eliminates much of the need for lack of commitment, and excessive "political correctness". Then we can hopefully more accurately elect based on ideology and the issues, with the thought that said politician will actually do something to help implement that ideology. Then maybe the people have a voice again.

And keep in mind, whomever gets elected as prez this go-round has the potential to elect up to five or so Supreme Court justices, as several of them are getting very aged. This could greatly influence many things, most importantly of which is the Constitution, and the Second Amendment in particular. Hillary is committed to attacking it. Eight years of Hillary and a heavily liberal SC could potentially wreak some havoc. Just an uneducated bunch of opinions by the way...I'll now step off the soap box. :-D
~ Terry

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:11 am

DemonDuck wrote:Problem is it never stops where you think. Look at each WW and you will see that at first everyone though "No big deal its just one little bit of land right next to them and that's all they want". In my opinion the problem is that we poke a stick at the bees nest when we should burn the whole freaking tree that the nest is in. In other words our politics prevent our Generals from doing what needs to be done and in turn allows the nut jobs to develop more and be more of a threat. We don't need to respond to everything that happens in the world but if it is something that is enough of a danger on a large scale that we are forced to do something about it then the only thing politicians should be able to say is go do it. From there everything should be on the Military without any restraint or outside influence.
Don't get me wrong I'm all about stopping threats - key word, threats.

What I have a problem with is we meddle with the world then throw our hands up and go "oh they are bad guys they are a threat" - and it was OUR fault.

Who put the current linage of people into power in IRAN - the U.S.
What countries companies helped build the existing IRAN nuclear facilities - the U.S.
Who trained and armed al qaeda - the U.S.
Who sold arms to IRAQ - the U.S.
Who crated the power vacuum that allowed ISIS to grow - the U.S.
Who put the afgan government into power (then they told us to get out) - the U.S.
Who is currently funding ISIS - the U.S.
Shell oil steals land from locals, when locals retaliate we call them "terrorists"
The cell phone in your hand has lead to mercenaries being hired to wipe out villages of people so their land can be taken so we can get resources for cheap

We are NOT the "good guys" and many people are justified in hating us.

The list is huge, we create our own problems and they cry that everyone hates us because we are a christian nation - they hate us because we won't quit messing with their shit.

I say quit messing with them, if they want to go to war with isreal cool, it's not like they are "the good guys" (if you believe that you swallow too much CNN) Carter screwed all that up anyway, he should have just let them finish their war and kill each other off.

I say leave them alone, quit messing with them, let them kill each other however they want, if ISIS wants to take over iraq, syria, let them. Then, when they step outside that boarder and attack or threaten us, we declare war with the nation (declaring war on a group or terrorism is about as retarded as a 4 dicked dog) then lay waste to everything, man, woman, child, goat, wipe the countryside clean and then turn it to glass.

But the U.S. won't do that, we are more interested in poking at shit with a stick and then declaring them a "threat"
K1600

JTChiTown
Club Member
Club Member
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 7

Post by JTChiTown » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:28 am

After 9/11, I had a professor who said something along the line of "My vote is we nuke them till the survivors glow, then shoot em in the dark."
Jeff

"Drive fast, attract Cops; Drive faster, attract Sponsors"

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:23 am

http://all-that-is-interesting.com/shah-iran" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Most people don't realize what Iran was before the U.S. meddled with them. If you dig around you can find even older pictures and you'd never think it was Iran based on what it is today. We do this all over the world and then make up excuses why these people want to kill us, faux news will never tell you all of it, they rely on public ignorance and just focus on "we are christian so they want us dead".

We've done so much damage, it's shameful. The U.S. - destroyer of nations, but not by the gun.
K1600

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:25 am

Look into the past of these guys, and look at the government/military involvement, it should make you sick
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Fruit_Company" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
K1600

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:26 am

Look at what we did to these people, to date the U.S. has NOT paid up
https://www.bikiniatoll.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
K1600

Envy
Achievement count: 2

Post by Envy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:59 am

I do have a question. What is the point of the U.N.? Wasnt it supposed to be a "world police" in a way? Why is america that has to meddle. Im with rick on this. We need to focus on america. Not babysit every other country. Yes we have allies and if anyone messes with them then yes we step in. Otherwise whats the point. Imo I feel the U.N. should have its own military group. X amount of people from each country. Volunteers. And when you join you forfiet your citizenship to your country. Until your service is completed. It would foster bonds as well as deter a lot. I know the theory could work. But I also know that there would be politcal influences and more.
As for things we have done that we are hated for. When I went to greece I was shocked at how much americans are hated. And had many that were more than happy to give reasons. Accidently bombing them was just one. But its no where in our history books. America paints itself as the greatest. And dont get me wrong. Im glad im american. But our country is a bully. And its future isnt looking too much better with these presidential canidates. i think as a nation we need to stop accepting what the media feeds us. And im going on multiple tangents. Its late. so i will stop now

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:39 am

Im all for staying out of other nations business for the most part. In the end the problem is politics and politicians. People in power do whatever it takes even if it hurts a nation of people to include the US to get more money or reelected. Things have been done behind closed doors that are not great things for sure. As for how we decide who is a threat... well that is a difficult one. I will tell you this. We can not sit around and wait for the fight to come to US soil. I have been in war zones and you don't come back from that for a very long time. Even if you win it takes ages to rebuild and the scars never go away.

Other nations hate us for many reason. Many hate us because we are stuck up. A person comes to the US to visit or even stay and we expect them to know good English. We go to another country and we don't even make an attempt to learn their language and instead expect them to speak English. Its the ugly American.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:56 am

DemonDuck wrote:Im all for staying out of other nations business for the most part. In the end the problem is politics and politicians. People in power do whatever it takes even if it hurts a nation of people to include the US to get more money or reelected. Things have been done behind closed doors that are not great things for sure. As for how we decide who is a threat... well that is a difficult one. I will tell you this. We can not sit around and wait for the fight to come to US soil. I have been in war zones and you don't come back from that for a very long time. Even if you win it takes ages to rebuild and the scars never go away.

Other nations hate us for many reason. Many hate us because we are stuck up. A person comes to the US to visit or even stay and we expect them to know good English. We go to another country and we don't even make an attempt to learn their language and instead expect them to speak English. Its the ugly American.
I never said wait till the war comes to the U.S.

Funny thing about the language, I've traveled to several places around the globe, almost everyone I ran into spoke English, even the common man in China. Those that I ran into that didn't speak English I did my best to communicate to them on their level, I didn't expect them to speak English, they didn't expect me to speak Chinese but we managed anyway and no one was pissed. (I was picking up some Chinese before I left) so I see people talk about the language stuff, but I've never experienced it myself.

The only thing I see about the language issue is, if your going to be an American citizen, learn english. That I agree with, same as I would expect to learn Russian if I was going to move to Russia.
K1600

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:08 am

I agree with ya on that Fixxer. I remember very well having a friend go up to a girl in France and asking if she spoke English and she said no. I went up not long after he did and greeted her in French (it wasn't good French mind ya) and she stopped me and said I speak English. We had a nice talk. Mainly the difference was that I made an effort.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold