Sticks and Stones

This section can be controversial. All opinions and arguments are welcome. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
LonestarCBR
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 32

Re: Sticks and Stones

Post by LonestarCBR » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:29 am

DarcShadow wrote:Don't we already have enough laws, why do they keep writing more? We need law removers. The number of outdated and stupid laws on the books id dumb founding. There's a town in Indiana where technically it's illeagle for a black person to be out after 9pm. Naturally it's not enforced, but it is a law.
Ever been to Indiana? Enough said.
~ Terry
'12 Speed Triple 1050 ABS, '07 GSX-R750 (track)
Happiness isn't around the corner, it IS the corner.
Anybody can jump a motorcycle. The trouble begins when you try to land it. EK

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Post by Striple » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:41 am

There are few things that I loathe more than U.S. politics: its an awful system that is run by obviously inept individuals, which are voted in by a largely indoctrinated populous. Even as a non-voting spectator, I find myself wanting to repeatedly shove a rusty nail into my eyeball to distract myself from the cerebral train wreck that produces policy in this country. Unless its presidential election year, of course; then its much worse.
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:46 am

Yeah, I really wish we had the European style, where whatever percent of the vote a party got, that's the percent of Congress they control. If they can't come to a consensus and elect their leaders, everybody is fired and there's another election.

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:03 am

Politics and politicians are always going to be messed up. Thier whole job is to lie to you ... screw you as hard as possible and try to make you say thank you for it. Yes the Democrats are making some bad bills and both sides refuse to compromise on anything. Situation reversed it would still be the same I think. The things that bother me the most about the current POTUS are the seemingly intentional decisions to hurt the US in my opinion. Things like releasing the terrorist prisoners to get back a soldier that didnt want to be a citizen anyway (or for anyone really).
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Stardog
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 21

Post by Stardog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:52 am

fixxervi6 wrote:I have a stance I'm not on the fence, but for me it's not as simple as ass or elephant.

I'm pro choice, I'm against minimum wage increase, I'm for gay marriage, on and on, the whole two party system makes me want to hurl, it contributes to the corruption imo
Welcome to the Libertarian party. We have beer.
DR650
Have cool, will travel