Sticks and Stones

This section can be controversial. All opinions and arguments are welcome. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
Rhino
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Sticks and Stones

Post by Rhino » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:54 pm

Ever noticed how the jokes about Republicans generally revolve around pointing out double-think or conflicting opinions, and jokes about Democrats basically devlove to name calling?

Exhibit A:
Stardog82 wrote:How many democrats does it take to change a light bulb?

A FEMA agent to bail out the homeowner, a guy from the EPA to dispose of the old blub, Al Gore to make sure the new bulb is a CFL, an ACORN member to ensure that the right person changed the bulb, and Chris Matthews to fellate Obama for his heroism
FEMA? Sure. Created by Jimmy Carter. I guess if you want to blame an agency created by a Democratic president before you were born, knock yourself out.

EPA? Created by a Republican (Nixon). Strike one.

Al Gore? Fair enough, he's a Democratic whipping boy.

ACORN? Really? They're not a US agency (it's international) and they don't even *exist* anymore thanks to a Republican smear campaign that tried to claim that getting non-white people to register to vote is election fraud (no election fraud was ever found in court, but by then they were out of business). Strike two, probably 2.5 for thinly veiled racism.

Chris Matthews blowjobs? Yeah, strike three. When the best you've got is "gay interracial dick sucking, hurr hurr", you've proven yourself incapable of any sort of rational argument.

I'm not much of a Democrat or Republican or anything else, I just noticed that most of the anti-Democrat jokes when I was looking them up earlier looked like they were written by pimply 13-year-olds. Yes, Democrats are Mexican Jew lizards. No, they're not ashamed of that fact.

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Re: Sticks and Stones

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:23 pm

What I never understand in the democrat vs republican debate is the is the 3rd option that is reality that everyone seams to ignore - neither of them give a damn about Americans so you can be extreme right or extreme left it doesn't matter. Good things and bad things happen under both leaderships but everyone on each side is quick to sling mud.
K1600

LonestarCBR
Achievement count: 32

Post by LonestarCBR » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:09 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:What I never understand in the democrat vs republican debate is the is the 3rd option that is reality that everyone seams to ignore - neither of them give a damn about Americans so you can be extreme right or extreme left it doesn't matter. Good things and bad things happen under both leaderships but everyone on each side is quick to sling mud.
I don't think there really is a viable third option...if there were, more people would choose it. For most people, things tend to be a little more black and white, depending on your ethnicity, religious affiliation, morals (or lack thereof), sexual orientation, and so on. So to sit on the fence regarding the issues doesn't buy you a lot of credibility if you're a politician. Likewise, you may have five things that are really important to you, but one or two that are most important. You make your party or politician affiliation with whomever aligns with those most important "planks" in your personal agenda, sacrificing what you must to satisfy your inner self (compromise...life is full of it). The idea of that third option is nice, but rarely does satisfy a person's needs, so it never grows roots.

For me personally, and I'm no expert, since I've been old enough to consider it all, the current Democratic agenda is just about in polar opposition to what made this country great. Therein lies my problem with the party and it's philosophy in general. Just one uneducated opinion.

Like Aaron Tippin so eloquently stated, "you've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything". :-D
~ Terry
'12 Speed Triple 1050 ABS, '07 GSX-R750 (track)
Happiness isn't around the corner, it IS the corner.
Anybody can jump a motorcycle. The trouble begins when you try to land it. EK

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:09 pm

It annoys me that everyone blames the president for anything that happens while he's in office. He really has very little to do with much of anything, just because he supports some bill/idea it still has to pass through Congress and the Senate before anything happens. The only thing the president can really do on his own is nuke someone and start a war, and even that isn't officially declared a war till Congress agress that is's a war.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Polokid69
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 23

Post by Polokid69 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:15 pm

:icon_whs0be:
DarcShadow wrote:It annoys me that everyone blames the president for anything that happens while he's in office. He really has very little to do with much of anything, just because he supports some bill/idea it still has to pass through Congress and the Senate before anything happens. The only thing the president can really do on his own is nuke someone and start a war, and even that isn't officially declared a war till Congress agress that is's a war.
Current Bike:
KTM RC390

Previous Bikes:
2007 Kawasaki ZZR600
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX250
1983 Kawasaki GPZ550
1980 Yamaha RD400
1978 Yamaha DT 125
1978 Yamaha YZ 125
1975 Yamaha DT 100

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:20 pm

LonestarCBR wrote:
fixxervi6 wrote:What I never understand in the democrat vs republican debate is the is the 3rd option that is reality that everyone seams to ignore - neither of them give a damn about Americans so you can be extreme right or extreme left it doesn't matter. Good things and bad things happen under both leaderships but everyone on each side is quick to sling mud.
I don't think there really is a viable third option...if there were, more people would choose it. For most people, things tend to be a little more black and white, depending on your ethnicity, religious affiliation, morals (or lack thereof), sexual orientation, and so on. So to sit on the fence regarding the issues doesn't buy you a lot of credibility if you're a politician. Likewise, you may have five things that are really important to you, but one or two that are most important. You make your party or politician affiliation with whomever aligns with those most important "planks" in your personal agenda, sacrificing what you must to satisfy your inner self (compromise...life is full of it). The idea of that third option is nice, but rarely does satisfy a person's needs, so it never grows roots.

For me personally, and I'm no expert, since I've been old enough to consider it all, the current Democratic agenda is just about in polar opposition to what made this country great. Therein lies my problem with the party and it's philosophy in general. Just one uneducated opinion.

Like Aaron Tippin so eloquently stated, "you've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything". :-D
I have a stance I'm not on the fence, but for me it's not as simple as ass or elephant.

I'm pro choice, I'm against minimum wage increase, I'm for gay marriage, on and on, the whole two party system makes me want to hurl, it contributes to the corruption imo
K1600

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:23 pm

Rhino wrote:I'm not much of a Democrat or Republican or anything else, I just noticed that most of the anti-Democrat jokes when I was looking them up earlier looked like they were written by pimply 13-year-olds.
It's just a joke. It's not your fault, you must possess a sense of humor to be able to fully participate. :-)
~ Terry

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:27 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:
LonestarCBR wrote:

I have a stance I'm not on the fence, but for me it's not as simple as ass or elephant.

I'm pro choice, I'm against minimum wage increase, I'm for gay marriage, on and on, the whole two party system makes me want to hurl, it contributes to the corruption imo
No argument about the corruption...did anyone mention "term limits" yet?
~ Terry

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Yeah, in a very real sense your average Joe being a democrat or republican is about as useful as being a Cowboys or Texans fan. You're really just rooting for a team where you have zero control over the outcome. Did Bush fuck up the country? Yes and no. Did Obama fuck up the country? Yes and no. Is there a single damn thing you could have done about it? Absolutely not.

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:41 pm

LonestarCBR wrote:
Rhino wrote:I'm not much of a Democrat or Republican or anything else, I just noticed that most of the anti-Democrat jokes when I was looking them up earlier looked like they were written by pimply 13-year-olds.
It's just a joke. It's not your fault, you must possess a sense of humor to be able to fully participate. :-)
You must be confused, this *isn't* the joke thread. You're supposed to be serious here. :D

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:44 pm

LonestarCBR wrote:No argument about the corruption...did anyone mention "term limits" yet?
You probably want to think long and hard about whether you really want term limits in Congress.

The worst gridlock *ever* is happening in Congress right now, and it's because freshmen Tea Party representatives are basically being dickheads and shitting on everything they see. And unfortunately just enough of them have beat traditional Republican incumbents that the GOP isn't willing to give them a spanking and reign them in.

One thing you can say about long-time politicians, at least they manage to get shit done. It's the new kids on the block trying to make a name for themselves who are rocking the boat.

Polokid69
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 23

Post by Polokid69 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Needs to be a happy medium. I don't want career politicians
Current Bike:
KTM RC390

Previous Bikes:
2007 Kawasaki ZZR600
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX250
1983 Kawasaki GPZ550
1980 Yamaha RD400
1978 Yamaha DT 125
1978 Yamaha YZ 125
1975 Yamaha DT 100

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Polokid69 wrote:Needs to be a happy medium. I don't want career politicians
I would make a great dictator.

I'm 1000% serious.

All I need is 3/4 of the U.S. population to adopt my religion and I think I could take over.

So far I think I only have 2 people tho, myself and my partner that helped me invent the religion, still looking for takers.
K1600

WillK675

Post by WillK675 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Rhino wrote:Yeah, in a very real sense your average Joe being a democrat or republican is about as useful as being a Cowboys or Texans fan. You're really just rooting for a team where you have zero control over the outcome. Did Bush fuck up the country? Yes and no. Did Obama fuck up the country? Yes and no. Is there a single damn thing you could have done about it? Absolutely not.

Hmmm.. what was the quote I read the other day... Found it.... he hit the nail on the head, and is what Rhino is pointing to...

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive the multitude of fools such as those who made him their president." - Vaclav Klaus

Basically.......

Beware of stupid people in mass quantities.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:58 pm

Rhino wrote:
LonestarCBR wrote:No argument about the corruption...did anyone mention "term limits" yet?
You probably want to think long and hard about whether you really want term limits in Congress.

The worst gridlock *ever* is happening in Congress right now, and it's because freshmen Tea Party representatives are basically being dickheads and shitting on everything they see. And unfortunately just enough of them have beat traditional Republican incumbents that the GOP isn't willing to give them a spanking and reign them in.

One thing you can say about long-time politicians, at least they manage to get shit done. It's the new kids on the block trying to make a name for themselves who are rocking the boat.
Well, if they are all short-termers, it seems to me it would help alleviate a little of the need to make a name for themselves to some degree.

As for long-termers "getting shit done". I guess that follows the thought process of "don't just sit there...do something, whether it's good or bad".
~ Terry

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:01 pm

That's not even the problem though.

How much power do you have in choosing the candidates for POTUS? None. Even if you're a registered Republican or Democrat, you've got kind of a choice between a few people that someone else chose for you. It's really just an illusion of choice. The real shot-callers are the 0.1%--the party leaders and people rich enough to contribute a significant portion of someone's campaign fund. Those guys get to make real decisions, then there's a primary, then the public at large gets to decide if their favorite color is red or blue.

The whole "first across the line" system we have in the US guarantees that we'll always have a two-party system. Unless we completely overhaul our government and chuck out the Electoral College, that simply isn't going to change.

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:01 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:
Polokid69 wrote:Needs to be a happy medium. I don't want career politicians
I would make a great dictator.

I'm 1000% serious.

All I need is 3/4 of the U.S. population to adopt my religion and I think I could take over.

So far I think I only have 2 people tho, myself and my partner that helped me invent the religion, still looking for takers.
Seeing that your end goal is US (or world) domination, and the clock is ticking, it would seem easier to pick an already established religion, just to get up and running a little quicker. :)
Last edited by LonestarCBR on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Terry

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Rhino wrote:That's not even the problem though.

How much power do you have in choosing the candidates for POTUS? None. Even if you're a registered Republican or Democrat, you've got kind of a choice between a few people that someone else chose for you. It's really just an illusion of choice. The real shot-callers are the 0.1%--the party leaders and people rich enough to contribute a significant portion of someone's campaign fund. Those guys get to make real decisions, then there's a primary, then the public at large gets to decide if their favorite color is red or blue.

The whole "first across the line" system we have in the US guarantees that we'll always have a two-party system. Unless we completely overhaul our government and chuck out the Electoral College, that simply isn't going to change.
It would be nice if there a single "problem" to solve.
~ Terry

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:06 pm

WillK675 wrote:
Rhino wrote:Yeah, in a very real sense your average Joe being a democrat or republican is about as useful as being a Cowboys or Texans fan. You're really just rooting for a team where you have zero control over the outcome. Did Bush fuck up the country? Yes and no. Did Obama fuck up the country? Yes and no. Is there a single damn thing you could have done about it? Absolutely not.

Hmmm.. what was the quote I read the other day... Found it.... he hit the nail on the head, and is what Rhino is pointing to...

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive the multitude of fools such as those who made him their president." - Vaclav Klaus

Basically.......

Beware of stupid people in mass quantities.
I don't think there is any doubt that we can all agree on this...I started to really get on my soap box in just about this direction a while ago, but figured someone would kick it out from under me.
~ Terry

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:10 pm

LonestarCBR wrote:As for long-termers "getting shit done". I guess that follows the thought process of "don't just sit there...do something, whether it's good or bad".
Not necessarily. When I say "get shit done", I mean as simple as passing a goddamn budget more than once or twice a decade.

You know Congress hasn't passed a budget since 2009? The whole entire job of a government is to collect taxes and spend those taxes for the good of the public, whatever they deem that to be. And they haven't done that the way they're supposed to so far this decade.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the Tea Party started in 2009...

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Rhino wrote:
LonestarCBR wrote:As for long-termers "getting shit done". I guess that follows the thought process of "don't just sit there...do something, whether it's good or bad".
Not necessarily. When I say "get shit done", I mean as simple as passing a goddamn budget more than once or twice a decade.

You know Congress hasn't passed a budget since 2009? The whole entire job of a government is to collect taxes and spend those taxes for the good of the public, whatever they deem that to be. And they haven't done that the way they're supposed to so far this decade.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the Tea Party started in 2009...
I'm no Tea Partyer, but yes, that would be a coincidence. And we obviously haven't had any problem spending money the past five or so years, budget or no.
~ Terry

Stardog82
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 14

Post by Stardog82 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Wait....so the democrats continually write shitty legislation and you're demonizing the tea party for not supporting it?
I'm a Stardog, baby.
The Fresh Prince of Ft. Worth

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:33 pm

Yeah, it's *all* the Democrats' fault. Totally. 100%. Because their mouths are full of dicks. Hurr hurr.

Stardog82
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 14

Post by Stardog82 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:49 pm

No, because they write shitty legislation. I could provide examples but I don't have the kind of time required to be comprehensive
I'm a Stardog, baby.
The Fresh Prince of Ft. Worth

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:06 am

Don't we already have enough laws, why do they keep writing more? We need law removers. The number of outdated and stupid laws on the books id dumb founding. There's a town in Indiana where technically it's illeagle for a black person to be out after 9pm. Naturally it's not enforced, but it is a law.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals