ISIS

This section can be controversial. All opinions and arguments are welcome. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
BeautifulDisaster
Achievement count: 14

Re: ISIS

Post by BeautifulDisaster » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:47 am

Yes the masses... frankly I think "political correctness" is a big part of the problem. I think that there are plenty of people that live and let live, but it's those few who always need something to be miserable about that make the most noise. Booooooo.

Hehehe one of the many ties; you're in good company not just in the bike capacity. :HappyAngel2:
"So bright... so beautiful... ah, Precioussss."

Rhino
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:46 am

LonestarCBR wrote:You may well be correct my friend. That's what the Bible teaches. There are "Jews for Jesus" however, so there is hope. :-)
You got a reference for "If you don't believe in Jesus you're going to hell" section in the bible? I'm honestly curious--I know the Jews use the Old Testament but not the New Testament. I don't remember ever seeing anything in the New Testament about not believing in Jesus being a sin, it's not like the "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" commandment that Christians, Jews, and Muslims all adhere to (same God).

LonestarCBR
Achievement count: 32

Post by LonestarCBR » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:17 am

Rhino wrote:
LonestarCBR wrote:You may well be correct my friend. That's what the Bible teaches. There are "Jews for Jesus" however, so there is hope. :-)
You got a reference for "If you don't believe in Jesus you're going to hell" section in the bible? I'm honestly curious--I know the Jews use the Old Testament but not the New Testament. I don't remember ever seeing anything in the New Testament about not believing in Jesus being a sin, it's not like the "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" commandment that Christians, Jews, and Muslims all adhere to (same God).
Well, not sure if you already know the answer and are just waiting to see what I'll say, but here is my stab at it in case you're being serious (excuse my cynasism):

The Old Testament spends a lot of time leading up to Jesus (though not by name), the New Testament documents it, and gives instructions on how to lead life. While the New Testament talks about a lot of stuff (love, forgiveness, etc.), the punch line is that there is only one way to Heaven (everyone gets an afterlife...up or down, in theory, your choice). The only way to Heaven, or out of Hell (depending on how you want to look at it), is to confess your sins, and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior (depending on translation, it's just about that very thing).

John 3:16 covers the basics: For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

The procedure, more specifically:
Romans 3:23 - ADMIT your need for God and the need for God to forgive your sins.
Romans 10: 9-10 - BELIEVE that Jesus is Lord, that he died for your sins, and rose from the dead.
1 John 1:9 - CONFESS. Ask Jesus to forgive you and take control of your life and then confess before others that you are a follower of Christ.

But probably most applicable to your question:
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me".

Of course there are other references as well. Again, I'm not a Bible scholar.
Last edited by LonestarCBR on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Terry
'12 Speed Triple 1050 ABS, '07 GSX-R750 (track)
Happiness isn't around the corner, it IS the corner.
Anybody can jump a motorcycle. The trouble begins when you try to land it. EK

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:22 am

LonestarCBR wrote:
fixxervi6 wrote:I'm all for religious freedom but the second it causes any influence on policy, domestic or foreign, that crosses the line imo.
I could be wrong, and I've read it, but I cannot find in the Constitution where it says the politicians cannot be religious (whatever you take that to mean), and it doesn't say they cannot help form policy using religious beliefs. America was founded on such.

What is does say is that the government cannot dictate what religion we as individuals practice, nor create a "national religion" (football or baseball don't count). In reading Thomas Jefferson, I don't see that he said any differently either. That is how "separation of church and state" were defined in the early days.

The Constitution does not say the 10 Commandments can't be displayed in a Federal Courthouse, for example. Honestly, what better guidelines are there to conduct one's self by...they'll keep you out of a lot of life's troubles. And it doesn't say you can't pray in school. It was really a very simple concept we've managed to twist to satisfy a few.

It's the same as the anti-gun movement trying to argue that the right to keep and bear arms applies solely to a militia...that it excludes the common man. Just putting their twist on it to satisfy their agenda.
Clearly those examples cross the line - separation of church and state. Sure government individuals can be religious, but when that drives their policy decisions you no longer have separation of church and state and you end up with laws dictated by religion.

Gay marriage anyone?

I have a problem with the 10 commandments being displayed at a courthouse, I personally would be offended. It's not that the 10 commandments offend me, that is just another example of a violation.

I have a problem with the U.S. backing Israel, especially when you consider the fact they are no better than their neighbors, then when I hear "those are gods people we have to protect them" I throw up every time just a little bit.

We should stay the hell out of that area all together, it's just trouble no matter how you slice it. Either we burn the entire nest or leave it alone, we've been poking it with a stick for too damn long.
K1600

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:30 am

http://news.msn.com/us/dempsey-we-will- ... reatens-us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~ Terry

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:48 am

We will do nothing more than poke the nest, that's all we've ever done over there.
K1600

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 am

fixxervi6 wrote:I have a problem with the U.S. backing Israel, especially when you consider the fact they are no better than their neighbors, then when I hear "those are gods people we have to protect them" I throw up every time just a little bit.

We should stay the hell out of that area all together, it's just trouble no matter how you slice it. Either we burn the entire nest or leave it alone, we've been poking it with a stick for too damn long.
Oh, I think they are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves...for me it's more of a "who's side are you on"? Eventually you end up being with them or against them. I'm with them for the reasons I stated. If you're not, I get it and even understand to a degree.

And yes, I believe they are better, for the most part at least. They are trying to survive in a tough environment. Once this conflict is over, they'll sit at the ready until the terrorists start killing or shelling again...then just like the US, they'll take action.

And while we can argue the merits of why, we were leaving the area alone pretty well until 9/11. Could we have been more decisive and been out of some of those countries quicker? Not sure. Apparently it took a while to find Bin Laden, and he needed finding, as did anyone else associated with 9/11. You hunt the SOBs down that did it...period. Iraq is probably the lone question mark for me. I can find pros and cons, so it's a bit fuzzy on which way to call.

But, in the end, there is no winning of hearts and minds, and if they could be left alone, and they too would leave people alone, all would be good. When you're killing women, children, and innocent civilians because they don't hold to your misinterpreted or misguided sense of religion or tribal law...do you just let them all die? I believe this country has a moral responsibility to help when and where it can.

In the end, I'd rather be proactive over there, than defensive over here. I think overall, America does an outstanding job, just as Israel does, in a tough world. It's just a shame either have to.
~ Terry

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:04 am

LonestarCBR wrote:
Rhino wrote:
Well, not sure if you already know the answer and are just waiting to see what I'll say, but here is my stab at it in case you're being serious (excuse my cynasism):

The Old Testament spends a lot of time leading up to Jesus (though not by name), the New Testament documents it, and gives instructions on how to lead life. While the New Testament talks about a lot of stuff (love, forgiveness, etc.), the punch line is that there is only one way to Heaven (everyone gets an afterlife...up or down, in theory, your choice). The only way to Heaven, or out of Hell (depending on how you want to look at it), is to confess your sins, and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior (depending on translation, it's just about that very thing).

John 3:16 covers the basics: For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

The procedure, more specifically:
Romans 3:23 - ADMIT your need for God and the need for God to forgive your sins.
Romans 10: 9-10 - BELIEVE that Jesus is Lord, that he died for your sins, and rose from the dead.
1 John 1:9 - CONFESS. Ask Jesus to forgive you and take control of your life and then confess before others that you are a follower of Christ.

But probably most applicable to your question:
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me".

Of course there are other references as well. Again, I'm not a Bible scholar.
I really didn't know, and I appreciate the answer. I can totally see where you're coming from.