Satanic activity books in Florida schools

This section can be controversial. All opinions and arguments are welcome. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
LonestarCBR
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 32

Re: Satanic activity books in Florida schools

Post by LonestarCBR » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:12 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:
LonestarCBR wrote:
fixxervi6 wrote:I found the Koran to be shockingly similar to the king James.
Up to the New Testament I would assume.
for example (from their church site) "As Anton LaVey explained in his classic work The Satanic Bible, Man—using his brain—invented all the Gods, doing so because many of our species cannot accept or control their personal egos, feeling compelled to conjure up one or a multiplicity of characters who can act without hindrance or guilt upon whims and desires. All Gods are thus externalized forms, magnified projections of the true nature of their creators, personifying aspects of the universe or personal temperaments which many of their followers find to be troubling. Worshipping any God is thus worshipping by proxy those who invented that God. Since the Satanist understands that all Gods are fiction, instead of bending a knee in worship to—or seeking friendship or unity with—such mythical entities, he places himself at the center of his own subjective universe as his own highest value.".
Yep, sounds like Satan to me. Anything to discredit God and Jesus.
~ Terry
'12 Speed Triple 1050 ABS, '07 GSX-R750 (track)
Happiness isn't around the corner, it IS the corner.
Anybody can jump a motorcycle. The trouble begins when you try to land it. EK

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:26 pm

LonestarCBR wrote:
Yep, sounds like Satan to me. Anything to discredit God and Jesus.
Do you consider Deists and Atheists to be of Satanic origin?
K1600

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:16 pm

Basically I would say "non-believers" from my perspective. A Satanist, in my estimation worships Satan. So entirely different...just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean you worship Satan. Worshipping Satan is bad business...it's kind of like poking God in the eye with a stick saying "what you gonna do now?".

BUT, if my belief is right about Salvation as the Holy Bible prescribes it, in the end, it doesn't much matter. It's kind of an "either / or" type of thing. You hear the Gospel, you then have free will to decide for yourself.

Shifting gears a little...I heard in "interesting" sermon recently, or an except from one more specifically. The subject was "what constitutes knowledge of the Gospel", or more specifically, at what point does God hold you accountable for ignoring the message. The general theory is that the Holy Spirit convicts you, and you heed the call or don't. So it's different ages for different people, depending on what and when they are exposed to the message. Then the question comes up about the native tribe deep in the Amazon that has never heard the Gospel, and are they held accountable. The answer given by this particular pastor was "yes". So the question is asked "how can that be"? "Because they can see the wonder of God all around them, and have an innate 'sense' that there is a higher power". I found this really strange, almost insulting, since the Gospel is really specific...you can't just glean it out of a leaf or flower...unless the Holy Spirit leads you to do so. You might start asking the eternal question "why am I here", but nothing provides you with the details you need to be able to make that decision. SO, there are jackwagons lurking at every corner.
~ Terry

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:45 pm

That was kind of my point, Satanists do not worship Satan, it started as tongue in cheek and blew up into what it is, it was never about worshiping Satan.

I am a deist, I believe in a higher power or a "god" for the lack of a better term. I tend not to throw that term around too much because as soon as I say god people pin me as being agnostic, before we could talk about that we would have to talk about the definition of god. With every fiber of my being do not believe there is an invisible man floating in the sky that will burn me forever, and the concept of heaven is even harder for me to swallow. A large part of my belief comes from observing nature, learning about how biological and geological systems work, how life itself works and how perfect it is right down to the construction of matter - it's too damn perfect.

Some of my atheist friends call me a coward because they claim I am one step away from being an atheist with only fear holding me back, but what they don't realize is I look at hard lined atheists and religious zealots in the same way - both claim to have knowledge of something they can't possibly have knowledge on. (to clarify, there is a BIG difference between the statements "there is no god" and "I don't believe in god")

For the question "why are we here" that's the easy one. We are here to live and enjoy creation the the short time that we have.

Richard Dawkins said it best, we are all going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones.
K1600

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:03 pm

Was Satan really a bad guy though? I don't know/remember the full story but at the core of it, he was just an Angle that disagreed with God and was kicked out of Heaven because of it.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:08 pm

DarcShadow wrote:Was Satan really a bad guy though? I don't know/remember the full story but at the core of it, he was just an Angle that disagreed with God and was kicked out of Heaven because of it.
Tried to take over, treasonous bastard.

OR if you follow the cult circles, Satan and Lucifer where two different beings that organized a rebellion to take earth as their own, when the rebellion went down the earth became marked as off limits. (think about humans being involved in an interplanetary society). That is why we see evidence of advanced civilizations from the past - humans were not alone but there was a big pissing match so everyone left. (funny enough there is significant evidence to support this).

The humans of past documented these events but over time through the passing down of stories, translations and manipulations we have the base stories for what makes up most of the worlds modern religions that we have today.

(I'm not making this shit up)
K1600

WillK675
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:45 pm

fixxervi6 wrote: Tried to take over, treasonous bastard.

OR if you follow the cult circles, Satan and Lucifer where two different beings that organized a rebellion to take earth as their own, when the rebellion went down the earth became marked as off limits. (think about humans being involved in an interplanetary society). That is why we see evidence of advanced civilizations from the past - humans were not alone but there was a big pissing match so everyone left. (funny enough there is significant evidence to support this).

The humans of past documented these events but over time through the passing down of stories, translations and manipulations we have the base stories for what makes up most of the worlds modern religions that we have today.

(I'm not making this shit up)

This even shows evident in the story of David and Goliath... It's said there were a sect of angels that came down to earth and mated with Humans. Thus this created a race of Giants, and if this piece being true, it would be one of these angel/human hybrid race giants, that David did battle with.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:43 am

Its no secret that I believe and worship God. I dont believe religion should be in public schools. There are other things we are teaching in some public schools that also should not be in my opinion. Public school should teach the basics only. Math, science, history, PE, english and such. Stay out of the things that parents should be teaching. Im on a tablet so trying to keep it short.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:56 am

And how to balance a checkbook and manage bills.
~ Terry

Stardog82
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 14

Post by Stardog82 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:14 am

You need some Jesus if you think religion causes nothing but problems
I'm a Stardog, baby.
The Fresh Prince of Ft. Worth

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:18 am

Well said.
~ Terry

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:19 am

Religion, and a belief in a God of any kind are two very different things. Religion, always has been, and always will be a way to control people, and sadly more often than anyone cares to admit, justification for some of the most atrocious acts in mankind's history.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:25 am

Well if you believe in God it really isn't a way for people to be controlled. But I see how you could view it that way.
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:01 am

milesmiles wrote:Well if you believe in God it really isn't a way for people to be controlled. But I see how you could view it that way.
belief in god isn't used to control people, religion is.
K1600

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:30 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:
milesmiles wrote:Well if you believe in God it really isn't a way for people to be controlled. But I see how you could view it that way.
Exactly.

Jesus didn't go trash the temple because they were doing such a good job with faith, it's because they were doing such a bad job with religion.

BeautifulDisaster

Post by BeautifulDisaster » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:11 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:
A to the men.
"So bright... so beautiful... ah, Precioussss."

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:09 pm

Amen to that!!!
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

Stardog
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 21

Post by Stardog » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:30 pm

LonestarCBR wrote:Some people use alcohol, some drugs, and many other things, searching for happiness.
My addition to this thread is as follows...

Sex makes me happy.
DR650
Have cool, will travel

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:30 pm

I guess it is fair to say that religion is a form of control of people. Not sure that is a bad thing though. The "control" of my religion over me are all things that should make me a better person if I can follow them all (I fail at plenty of stuff). I can not think of one thing in my religion that comes close to a bad sort of control but maybe I am missing something.

As for the atrocious acts.... well that was a corrupt person at the top somewhere or people at the top that made the religion fit their needs. That does happen still to this day sadly but as long as people are involved things will get FUBAR from time to time.

Seriously though religion has kept me in check from time to time in my life. A whole lot in my past and without it I would be a much different person. I am sure that plenty of people would also be changed in a not so good way without religious beliefs.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

LonestarCBR

Post by LonestarCBR » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:36 am

Amen
~ Terry

Stardog
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 21

Post by Stardog » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:57 am

Satan has helped me through a lot. I skip abs at the gym pretty frequently but I am doing a lot better now, thanks to the inspiration that I get from His Dark Abdominals.

DR650
Have cool, will travel

BeautifulDisaster

Post by BeautifulDisaster » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:03 pm

LOL!
"So bright... so beautiful... ah, Precioussss."