YCRS at MSR Cresson April 16&17

JeffStrom
Club Member
Club Member
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 7

YCRS at MSR Cresson April 16&17

Post by JeffStrom » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:03 pm

I just heard about this event coming to Cresson next month...

https://ridelikeachampion.com/motorcycl ... e-classes/

ChampSchool is our famed two-day training curriculum originally designed for the Freddie Spencer High-Performance Riding School in the 90s, based on what we call “Champions Habits”. These habits are the techniques that the best riders in the world are using. If nine of the top ten riders are all doing a similar technique, that is what we teach. To be a Champion, you must not only be able to go fast but do it without falling down. These are the riders we want to emulate. It’s all about the technique, the speed will come.

HIGHLIGHTS
4:1 Student to Instructor ratio
BYOB or rent one of our pristine Yamahas
Aimed at any rider, street or track
Each student filmed each day
Some of the classroom learning happens in a van at speed!
Breakfast, lunch and day-one dinner provided
Notebook and drinks provided
Techniques and principles covered include trail-braking, mid-corner stops, visual habits, champions’ approaches that bring consistency, traction studies, tire and suspension loading, steering-geometry adjustability, mental focus tips, track changes that mimic the real world, rear-brake drills, rider-adjustment drills
Curriculum designed by Nick Ienatsch and Chris Peris (Freddie Spencer High Performance Riding School instructor and graduate)

Now for the bad news... The cost for two days of training is $2200.00. omg Yes, two thousand two hundred dollars. And you have to use your own bike. Also, it is on a Tuesday and Wednesday, so it means missing work for many of us. They also have single day options that are less expensive.

Just for comparison, $2200 is more than what you would pay to Ride Smart if you attended every event at Cresson the rest of this year.
Jeff - Street Triple 675R / GSX-R600 / F850GSA

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Re: YCRS at MSR Cresson April 16&17

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:27 pm

I did a similar school, Keith Codes school, years ago as my first ever track day and it was amazing, especially if you're looking to get into racing. Working closely with an instructor and working on specific skills each round dramatically increases you're speed of picking up techniques and skills. Because of the cost though, my class was mostly "older" guys, 40s or older, I think there was one guy in his 30s and then me, 25 at the time. It was a hell of a first track experience and worth it to me at the time. I never expected to get on a track again and looked at it as a once in a life time kind of thing. 5 years later when I got onto the track with RS, I was noticeably faster than others with a day or two of track experience and was told had there been room in lvl 2, they would had moved me to lvl 2 the first day and I attribute that largely to the school I did.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

JeffStrom
Club Member
Club Member

Post by JeffStrom » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Don't get me wrong. I'd probably do it if it wasn't in the middle of the week and I hadn't already spent a bunch of money this year.

WickerMan
Achievement count: 1

Post by WickerMan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:25 am

Thanks for posting. Seems like Champagne money for a hotdog track, but maybe it's for aspiring CMRA racers. Of course I emailed them about a flag job. Again thanks
What is up with this space?
2015 ZX-6R 30th Anniversary
2014 CBR500R HRC
2007 Ruckus winter camo

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:46 am

Yeah, this type of school is not so much about the track you're on, it's about the school teaching you. And I'll assume it's like the one I took, in that they really don't talk much about the track your on and the race line for it, but rather teach you how to read the track and find the race line yourself.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

WickerMan

Post by WickerMan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:11 pm

I got a nice email from the COO. They were not able to secure enough riders to make this event.
2014 CBR500R HRC
2007 Ruckus winter camo

JeffStrom
Club Member
Club Member

Post by JeffStrom » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:35 pm

WickerMan wrote:I got a nice email from the COO. They were not able to secure enough riders to make this event.
Huh. I wouldn't have even known it was available except purely by chance. I guess they should advertise better if they want to grow.

WickerMan

Post by WickerMan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:00 pm

JeffStrom wrote:
WickerMan wrote:I got a nice email from the COO. They were not able to secure enough riders to make this event.
Huh. I wouldn't have even known it was available except purely by chance. I guess they should advertise better if they want to grow.
How did you hear about it?

He mentioned what he really needed was more people to get the word out.
2014 CBR500R HRC
2007 Ruckus winter camo

JeffStrom
Club Member
Club Member

Post by JeffStrom » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:39 am

WickerMan wrote:
JeffStrom wrote:
How did you hear about it?

He mentioned what he really needed was more people to get the word out.
I just happened to look at the MSRC track calendar of events, which I rarely do.