offroading 3-24

Charity Events, out for some dirt riding, car trips, non club weekend trips, etc go here.
DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Re: offroading 3-24

Post by DarcShadow » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:04 pm

I should have most all my gear by next week, hopefully I'll be able to join you all next time.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:41 pm

DarcShadow wrote:I should have most all my gear by next week, hopefully I'll be able to join you all next time.
I wore Courtney's chest gear and my gloves, helmet, and boots were my street boots.

Gear specific for this would be nice so my street gear doesn't get all muddy and soaking wet but street gear works too.

We tried teaching my son how to start the 80 and use the clutch...he dropped the bike and broke the clutch!!!
Chance favors the prepared mind.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:59 am

Well my helmet is pretty old and not comfortable anymore for any length of time, no chest protection other than my street leather jacket, which is pretty heaving and hot. I've picked up a helmet and goggles already, gloves and off-road jacket should be here tomorrow. Still looking around for knee braces, they're damn expensive, and for now I'll just go with my street boots.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:02 am

DarcShadow wrote:Well my helmet is pretty old and not comfortable anymore for any length of time, no chest protection other than my street leather jacket, which is pretty heaving and hot. I've picked up a helmet and goggles already, gloves and off-road jacket should be here tomorrow. Still looking around for knee braces, they're damn expensive, and for now I'll just go with my street boots.
I don't have good knee protection yet but I have good boots, if your street boots have good ankle protection they should be good enough to get going as long as your not kicking over a two stroke or big 4
K1600