Rider Achievements.

Photo challenges, scavenger hunts, forum games, etc.
2track
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 21

Re: Rider Achievements.

Post by 2track » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:29 am

Ok I am not sure what I am doin wrong but I guess I don't know how to get to the right achievement page to set up my achievements. Everything is all jacked up & I cant read any of the achievements.

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:56 am

Click on the achievement link under your name
1.JPG
1.JPG (13.09 KiB) Viewed 5627 times
slick the small icon of the achievement you have, there are levels to some of them, for now you can see the complete listing here:
http://www.fwmr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=6763
When you hover the mouse over the small icon it will pop up the small tool tip of the text of what it is
2.JPG
2.JPG (16.49 KiB) Viewed 5627 times
After you click the level you want, when you refresh the page the banner below will be "lit up" with the one you selected
3.JPG
3.JPG (30.17 KiB) Viewed 5627 times
Also keep in mind lots of images are not done yet, I just added like 4 last night.
K1600

2track

Post by 2track » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:01 am

Ok, that is where I am clicking but everything is piled up on the left side & I cant make out what they say. I am not sure if I need some sort of reader that my computer doesn't have or something.

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:11 am

03ninjaman wrote:Ok, that is where I am clicking but everything is piled up on the left side & I cant make out what they say. I am not sure if I need some sort of reader that my computer doesn't have or something.
Are you on a mac by chance? or using Chrome?
K1600

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:37 pm

Firefox and my mobile browser dont like the achievement page. IE works ok.
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

2track

Post by 2track » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Firefox

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:34 pm

03ninjaman wrote:Firefox
There's the problem

use IE or yell at darc shadow, or both
K1600

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:29 am

One of these days I might get around to making it look right on FireFox.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:18 pm

What version of FireFox are you using? I just check the achievements page using FireFox 10.0.2 and everything looks as it should.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:36 am

I was just looking around on the WFO riders website and noticed that they have an Achivement thingy under their name...interesting. I also lke how long you have been with the club achievement
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:15 am

milesmiles wrote:I was just looking around on the WFO riders website and noticed that they have an Achivement thingy under their name...interesting. I also lke how long you have been with the club achievement
Looks like there's are more board based.

What are you doing over in someone elses camp anyway!?
K1600

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:40 am

Hey hey, whenever i'm not getting it here i gotta get it somewhere else :)
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:40 pm

haha, so this is getting pretty funny, I was looking through some of what people have gotten, and it appears we have no big game hunters among us?? come on slackers! I know where there are some buffalo that are frequenly in the road :D

I gotta hear the stories behind these!
puppy.JPG
puppy.JPG (36.85 KiB) Viewed 5549 times
K1600

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Track Instructor
Achievement count: 42

Post by shilka99 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 am

I had a yappy little rat dog that lived next door to me wheni lived in Sydney. Usually my neighbor was pretty good at keeping it on a leash but every now and then I'd leave for work and the damn thing had got through the fence and would chase me down the road. I always 'tried' to avoid it but one time the suicidal little idiot got caught under my front wheel at 20+ mph. After he stopped tumbling he just got back on his feet and kept chasing me. Lucky, as I got on well with the owner despite his choice in annoying pets
Shaun in McKinney
RGV250|520SX/SMR|RSV4 Factory

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:06 am

Shaun/RC30FAN wrote:I had a yappy little rat dog that lived next door to me wheni lived in Sydney. Usually my neighbor was pretty good at keeping it on a leash but every now and then I'd leave for work and the damn thing had got through the fence and would chase me down the road. I always 'tried' to avoid it but one time the suicidal little idiot got caught under my front wheel at 20+ mph. After he stopped tumbling he just got back on his feet and kept chasing me. Lucky, as I got on well with the owner despite his choice in annoying pets
Dang man, suprised it lived!

I ran over a german shepperd with my bicycle once, that was an insane experience, it never chased me again, I think it scared the shit out of both of us.
K1600

fireblade
Achievement count: 46

Post by fireblade » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:52 pm

My first dog was like Shauns story but it was my grandmas neighbors dog. It was a little rat mutt of a dog. mean and thought it was bigger that it was and hated motorcycles. I was slowly driving by cause I new the little bastard would try to chase me or run out in front of me. As i turn the corner from my grandmas place, I looked around to see if the devil dog was around, didnt see it. So I decided to do a "spirited" take off and just as I go the rev's up and dump the clutch I see out the corner of my eye the little bastard dart out from under a car. The front wheel just clipped the dog but got the full brunt of the back wheel under hard acceleration. I dont think it survived. I never looked back and didnt see it ever again.

the second dog was a highway encounter. I was on my way back from OKC one night. earier in the weekend I was riding around with a buddy on his first ride EVER! he had no gear of his own and wasnt even riding his own bike. After riding around for a few hour we hit the highway and he managed to put the bike in a ditch on a long sweeper and tore up my riding jacket he was wearing. So a couple days later I head for home with no jacket. it was warm out anyways but night time. I was clicking along down 35 near Ardmore. Going a couple miles an hour faster that the speed limit. paying attention to the road ahead. Being night time I'm using the headlights of the trucks in front of me. I see an object dart on to the highway and get hit buy the truck in front of me. i couldnt see what it was untill it was to late and it came out from under the truck still trying to run away and I hit it in the neck. got in to a bit of a tank slapper and almost ate shit. I had to stop at the next gas station to fill up. as I pulled in to the gas station everyone there was looking at me funny. I though I had shit my pants or something but it was blood driping from my bike, boots and pants. I got gas and went to the big truck side of gas station and got the free water and hosed everything off. it was a truly terrifying moment.
Random stuff I say:
Women are like square roots, if they're under 17 you just have to do them in your head.

What would you be if you were attached to another object by an incline plane, wrapped helicly around an axis?

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by sckego » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:21 pm

http://www.fwmr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4374" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kegan "Glowstick"

Bewst
Achievement count: 9

Post by Bewst » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:22 pm

So confused on how to add achievements >.>

armedandinsain
Achievement count: 26

Post by armedandinsain » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:51 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:haha, so this is getting pretty funny, I was looking through some of what people have gotten, and it appears we have no big game hunters among us?? come on slackers! I know where there are some buffalo that are frequenly in the road :D

I gotta hear the stories behind these!
puppy.JPG
mine was some little white dog that lived near our fire hall it was always in the road. I left one night and was taking the first turn and saw him right as he went under the tire.(thought for sure I was going down but didnt)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling at the top of your lungs "Holy Shit...What a ride!"

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:40 pm

So, we don't have ANYONE that has riden to alaska? seriously?
K1600

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Track Instructor
Achievement count: 42

Post by shilka99 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:57 pm

We need an achievement based on repairs using non-motorcycle related parts. How about the 'McGyver award' for using fencing wire and tractor parts to get moving again?

And how about 'Failure to Launch' for trying to ride off with your chain/padlock/assorted security measures still attached?

Or 'Emergency Ditching' for intentionally crashing a bike?

Not that i've done any these of course...
Shaun in McKinney
RGV250|520SX/SMR|RSV4 Factory

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by sckego » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:20 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:So, we don't have ANYONE that has riden to alaska? seriously?
LOL, dude, do you realize how far away Alaska is? From Dallas to Hyder (which isn't even 'real' alaska) is nearly 3000 miles. When you reach Canada, you're just over halfway there. Plus, that's sticking to the main highways... Try to do it on fun roads like most of us would and you can tack on another 50% to that. Not many people have the time, means, or inclination to take on a ride like that. It's on my to-do list, but who knows when it will actially happen....
Kegan "Glowstick"

Rhino
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:33 am

Yeah, Alaska is *far*, especially real Alaska.

One day I'd like to try riding from Prudhoe Bay to Key West. It's about 5500 miles on a direct route, or 11,330 miles starting and ending in Ft. Worth. Probably more like 15k+ miles to make the trip interesting. That's a five week trip riding every day, so figure more like 2 months to account for stopping to see things, days off the bike, mechanical issues, etc. It's probably something that could only be done by teachers or retirees.

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:02 pm

8 more primary acheivements to go, then I'll go back and clean up and redo some of the earlier images.

Image count is up to 415
Shaun/RC30FAN wrote:We need an achievement based on repairs using non-motorcycle related parts. How about the 'McGyver award' for using fencing wire and tractor parts to get moving again?

And how about 'Failure to Launch' for trying to ride off with your chain/padlock/assorted security measures still attached?

Or 'Emergency Ditching' for intentionally crashing a bike?

Not that i've done any these of course...
Some of those are already suggested, trying to get through the main list first :D
sckego wrote: LOL, dude, do you realize how far away Alaska is? From Dallas to Hyder (which isn't even 'real' alaska) is nearly 3000 miles. When you reach Canada, you're just over halfway there. Plus, that's sticking to the main highways... Try to do it on fun roads like most of us would and you can tack on another 50% to that. Not many people have the time, means, or inclination to take on a ride like that. It's on my to-do list, but who knows when it will actially happen....
But it is doable, I'd like to do that one day. I've done 2,160 miles in 4 days on a GSXR, I could do alaksa if I took a couple weeks off work.
K1600

Rhino
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:39 am

fixxervi6 wrote:
sckego wrote: LOL, dude, do you realize how far away Alaska is? From Dallas to Hyder (which isn't even 'real' alaska) is nearly 3000 miles. When you reach Canada, you're just over halfway there. Plus, that's sticking to the main highways... Try to do it on fun roads like most of us would and you can tack on another 50% to that. Not many people have the time, means, or inclination to take on a ride like that. It's on my to-do list, but who knows when it will actially happen....
But it is doable, I'd like to do that one day. I've done 2,160 miles in 4 days on a GSXR, I could do alaksa if I took a couple weeks off work.
The problem is, you can't just keep multiplying your daily mileage times days to get the total distance. 500 mile days is good, but do you know how many of them you can do in a row? It starts wearing on you, and eventually you hit a point where it's just not fun anymore and you don't even want to look at your motorcycle.

For me it's 9 days, I've tested it on a 10-day trip. The last day just sucked big donkey balls because I didn't even want to touch the motorcycle, but I had to get home to get back to work. There was no opportunity to take a few days off.

Plus if you have a mechanical, you can end up in real trouble. How many Suzuki dealers are there in Canada?