Keeping your emotions in check

This is the general Discussion area used for....General Discussions. Talk anything here just keep it clean and no spam.
Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Re: Keeping your emotions in check

Post by Striple » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:12 pm

It was too easy...impossible to resist! :) :-) :SideSplittingLaughter:
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

LonestarCBR
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 32

Post by LonestarCBR » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:36 pm

Been driving around Fort Worth today. I've kept my emotions in check but it's been a struggle and I'm not even riding.
~ Terry
'12 Speed Triple 1050 ABS, '07 GSX-R750 (track)
Happiness isn't around the corner, it IS the corner.
Anybody can jump a motorcycle. The trouble begins when you try to land it. EK

nitzer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 8

Post by nitzer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:42 pm

OH....damn... :(( Well I didn't have my carry permit when I lived up there so I guess I was just tailoring my personality to the mentality of the group. :)
- Derek
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (SOLD)
2003 Suzuki SV650S (SOLD)
2008 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor (Street)

Winning hearts and minds...two the heart, one to the mind.

Stardog
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 21

Post by Stardog » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:20 am

fixxervi6 wrote:Be nice, if he continues to escalate until its a real threat, defend yourself. I am a very nice person while carrying.
Yep.

Miles - Chances are that if you had a gun on you you would have done absolutely nothing about it and just kept rolling. It is amazing how courteous you are when you know that a bad situation might lead to you killing someone.
DR650
Have cool, will travel

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:21 am

fo sho
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:26 am

Stardog84 wrote: Miles - Chances are that if you had a gun on you you would have done absolutely nothing about it and just kept rolling. It is amazing how courteous you are when you know that a bad situation might lead to you killing someone.
This ^ I try to remain passive when carrying because the last thing I want to do is fuel a situation where someone may end up dead. If I egg someone on then end up having to kill them that's morally wrong imo.

If I try to diffuse the situation and they continue to escalate to the point I have to kill them to stop the threat, it will be much easier to sleep at night.
K1600

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:43 pm

fixxervi6 wrote:Well if I pull my weapon someone is getting shot, it's not a device to threaten with, that's just stupid.
I have pulled my gun on three people only once. I never pulled the trigger. They left and I called the cops. I was informed by the police that I had every right to shoot them and not get in trouble for it. That moment will always be with me and if they stayed in the house when I had the gun, they would have been shot (at least one would have). I hope to NEVER have to aim my weapon at another person EVER again (I have had it ready in my lap several times while driving my vehicle because of raging cagers)!!
Chance favors the prepared mind.

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:46 pm

Telomere wrote:
fixxervi6 wrote:Well if I pull my weapon someone is getting shot, it's not a device to threaten with, that's just stupid.
I have pulled my gun on three people only once. I never pulled the trigger. They left and I called the cops. I was informed by the police that I had every right to shoot them and not get in trouble for it. That moment will always be with me and if they stayed in the house when I had the gun, they would have been shot (at least one would have). I hope to NEVER have to aim my weapon at another person EVER again (I have had it ready in my lap several times while driving my vehicle because of raging cagers)!!
God created man.

Sam Colt made them equal.
K1600

Stardog
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 21

Post by Stardog » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:48 pm

Commander Colt and his Revelator :))
DR650
Have cool, will travel

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:20 pm

Follow them bitches home. Worry them.
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:23 pm

U-Turn wrote:Follow them bitches home. Worry them.
That's the worst advice I have ever heard. You bet your ass if someone managed to follow me home I'll have my hand on a cocked and locked weapon as I would consider the situation already threatening and once I'm on my property, all bets are off.

Your advice is a good way to get your ass shot.
K1600

U-Turn

Post by U-Turn » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:41 pm

But I still know where you live. Tomorrow night, next month, next year, you don't know when. You just know you tried to run some one over, and that guy now knows where you live. Although you are trying to portray my advice as "wrong", you implied to Miles, wave your gun around. Duh. Talk about wrong.
My point, follow them long enough so they know, that guy could have followed me to work, or home. Maybe I should not have swerved my truck at that biker. That guy might do me harm. Let the bad guy start worrying.
Miles was already instigating a confrontation by pulling up next to, who advised him to wave a gun around?
My advice, which I have done and received apologie from 1 jackass. Follow them long enough for them to realize we all in public. Not only I, but anyone could call the cops on you for swerving at a motorcyclist, at least cause dick head to realize, shit, that guy knows where I live.
Or, pussy out and let truck driver to get away with it so he can do it again believing no consequences. Swerve at any motorcycle - they won't do anything.
"Screw you. Your not getting away with it, least you do it again to my friend."
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

U-Turn

Post by U-Turn » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:47 pm

U-Turn wrote:Follow them. I've done that with ppl having an aggressive day. After a bit they realize they are leading you to the home, work, wherever, you can see them either be nicer or start trying to lose you in traffic. Then peel off. They know you could have followed them home. Maybe they'll think next time.
If a service vehicle take a picture and make sure they see you do it. The dred knowing your calling their office for bad driving.
Head games. Let them worry about the consequences of what they did. In thus case, trying to run our Miles off the road. .
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

U-Turn

Post by U-Turn » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Hang in there Mikes, Triumph over "them cagers."
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by fixxervi6 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:21 pm

I guess every village has at least one.
K1600

Striple
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Expert
Achievement count: 42

Post by Striple » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:34 pm

Karl, I understand what you're saying, but following them is escalating the situation, not teaching them a lesson. In fact, you may be providing them with an excuse to justify taking the confrontation to the next level. If somebody begins to follow me, I a) won't go home, and b) may be prepared for anything. Its not a reasonable act--its psychotic, and few people would blame the person being followed for fearing for their lives and potentially using lethal force.
Current: 10 Triumph Street Triple | 08 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 07 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Race) | 05 Suzuki DR650 SE | 04 Yamaha TT-R 125LE
Previous: 08 Honda CBR1000RR LE | 07 Suzuki SV650S #1 | 07 Suzuki SV650S #2 | 05 Triumph Speed Triple | 03 Honda CRF 450R

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:38 am

I get the whole point of Miles' post. Keep your emotions in check and don't let anyone make you have a bad day because they are having a bad day or has something against bikers. Give them space, and just chill the heck out. Following someone is just an escalation of emotions, getting people riled up, yourself, the other driver, etc. Remind me not to ride with someone who can't keep their emotions in check or has the mentality of intentionally making a situation worse.
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:51 am

That last part is good to remember as well. Other people can pull you into something you don't want to be in
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:06 pm

U-Turn wrote:But I still know where you live. Tomorrow night, next month, next year, you don't know when. You just know you tried to run some one over, and that guy now knows where you live. Although you are trying to portray my advice as "wrong", you implied to Miles, wave your gun around. Duh. Talk about wrong.
My point, follow them long enough so they know, that guy could have followed me to work, or home. Maybe I should not have swerved my truck at that biker. That guy might do me harm. Let the bad guy start worrying.
Miles was already instigating a confrontation by pulling up next to, who advised him to wave a gun around?
My advice, which I have done and received apologie from 1 jackass. Follow them long enough for them to realize we all in public. Not only I, but anyone could call the cops on you for swerving at a motorcyclist, at least cause dick head to realize, shit, that guy knows where I live.
Or, pussy out and let truck driver to get away with it so he can do it again believing no consequences. Swerve at any motorcycle - they won't do anything.
"Screw you. Your not getting away with it, least you do it again to my friend."
Let me tell you, that if this was me with whom you say to follow, not only would you get a barrel in your face, but most likely have some coppers knocking on your door because I would get your license plate number and turn you in for stalking and harassment. Your advice is unwarranted and is not smart.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:09 pm

I just realized i got called a pussy by Uturn.
The world needs Miles

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:38 am

Yea but you have been called worse ... lol. I like this thread.

:shock:
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

LonestarCBR
Achievement count: 32

Post by LonestarCBR » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:15 am

milesmiles wrote:I just realized i got called a pussy by Uturn.
You do know that now more than ever you're supposed to be terribly offended, and you should probably find someone (anyone) to sue don't you?
~ Terry
'12 Speed Triple 1050 ABS, '07 GSX-R750 (track)
Happiness isn't around the corner, it IS the corner.
Anybody can jump a motorcycle. The trouble begins when you try to land it. EK

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:29 am

I already have my lawyer on the phone
The world needs Miles

Envy
Achievement count: 2

Post by Envy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Funny thing. I was driving on 635 yesterday and they had part of it shut down. A guy cuts across 3 lanes and almost hits me. I could see he wasnt even lookong. Both myself and the car to the left of me honks. He cut over onto the shoulder and starts brandishing a gun. I died laughing.

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:21 pm

Big talk from the Hornungs. It's not illegal to drive on the street that goes past your house.