Revised KLR coming

This is the general Discussion area used for....General Discussions. Talk anything here just keep it clean and no spam.
JeffStrom
Club Member
Club Member
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 7

Revised KLR coming

Post by JeffStrom » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:13 pm

Jeff - Street Triple 675R / GSX-R600 / F850GSA

JeffStrom
Club Member
Club Member
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 7

Re: Revised KLR coming

Post by JeffStrom » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:50 am

I looked at the details, more from a curiosity standpoint than anything. Seems like the market would be pretty narrow given the competition we have today. It is nearly 50lbs heavier than the previous version, which seems like a deal breaker. I'm sure that's the Euro-5 stuff kicking in like the enhanced emissions controls and ABS. It is heavier, produces less power, and has less suspension travel than almost any other bike adjacent to the category. The only thing it has going for it is price, which at just under $7K for a new bike seems like a bargain, but then the 650 singles from Honda and Suzuki are even a little cheaper, nearly 100 lbs lighter, and actually have decent suspension, but they are air cooled and have not been updated in a while. Seems like if you could scrounge up the extra $3K for the Yamaha Tenere 700 it would be well worth it; though I'll admit an extra $3K vs. a $7K price point is significant.
Jeff - Street Triple 675R / GSX-R600 / F850GSA

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Re: Revised KLR coming

Post by fixxervi6 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:41 pm

for me the allurer of the KLR was the used market. If Texas had actual dirt I'd still have it.
K1600