New SENA 30k

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Re: New SENA 30k

Post by fixxervi6 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:48 am

shilka99 wrote:I work for Cardo now. I scraped the SENA decal off my car but it was dug in deep!
If anyone is interested I can get some screaming good deals on refurb'd Packtalk units.

I've been using them a lot in side-by-side tests with the 30K and I can safely say the Packtalk is vastly better. Cardo actually just filed their 4th patent infringement lawsuit against sena. They tried to copy the meshwork technology that Cardo released 4 years ago but have so far failed miserably.
Interested about the cost
K1600

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Track Instructor
Achievement count: 42

Post by shilka99 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:16 pm

dufremle wrote:If it actually works that would be cool. I'm just hesitant to dump another $300 into a system that works 'sometimes'. Either way, I'm going to wait until my current Sena dies before I buy anything else.

Does Cardo actually test the devices? Sena seems to have a problem with that.
It works really well. Its main strength is in groups - I did a test just now with 10 units. All connected easily and quickly. And when any small group breaks away from the main group, each smaller group stays connected. Then when the groups come together again they automatically reconnect to everyone again.

Like any RF device, they dont work 100% of the time under all conditions, but I have to admit they work much better than the 20S, 20S Evo and the 30K systems I got from Sena. (When I got four 30K units from Sena I tested them with my boys, and the 30K signal dropped out when my son walked behind a tree not 20 yards away)

I've been playing with the new voice commands for the Packtalk and they've been in testing for over a year now. Cardo learned from Senas mistake and doesnt use customers as testers.
Shaun in McKinney
RGV250|520SX/SMR|RSV4 Factory

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Post by dufremle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:22 pm

That's good to know. If the price is right it might be worth switching. I take it Cardo is not using a Bluetooth signal for the group chat?
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Track Instructor
Achievement count: 42

Post by shilka99 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 pm

dufremle wrote:That's good to know. If the price is right it might be worth switching. I take it Cardo is not using a Bluetooth signal for the group chat?
It can do both - but the DMC is much better than bluetooth
Shaun in McKinney
RGV250|520SX/SMR|RSV4 Factory

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Post by dufremle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Cool. Bluetooth was never meant to be used for long distance communication so I'm not sure why they keep trying to use it for that.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner