Zipper Slider Replacement

Fender943
Achievement count: 14

Zipper Slider Replacement

Post by Fender943 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:20 pm

I don't know if anyone will get any use out of this but I could be wrong. This is very easy to do and I have no idea why I waited so long to replace the slider on my jacket.
Tools used:
Dikes (diagonal pliers)
Multi-tool
The first thing that needs to be done is the removal of the old zipper slider. It really doesn't matter what tool you use.. You could use an acetylene torch. I don't care, it's not my jacket. I think the best tool is the dikes to cut off the slider. Do that and you'll never see the other piece of the slider again.. Once you give up on the search for the other half of the slider, you can put on the new one.
I decided to steal the new slider off an old pair of ems pants.. Once that was done it's time to pry open the slider so it can go on the jacket. (make sure that the teeth on zipper of the jacket match the zipper from whatever you are stealing it from) if you bought a new slider, why are you reading this?

Once you pry it open enough so it will fit on the zipper, put one side on.. Followed by the other side.
Now that both sides of the slider are put on the zipper, you can go ahead and put it in it's original position before you violated it by prying it open. Once everything is secure, you can pull on it so everything is lined up.. And VOILA! Your zipper should work again.

-Ryan
-1986 Ninja 1000r
-2004 Ninja 500r