Knee pain with suit

Michael
Achievement count: 0

Knee pain with suit

Post by Michael » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:52 am

Hey guys I have a problem I want to remedy. Because of my previous career I have bad knees. I had a BKS suit that was awesome. The only problem was that after about five minutes the pressure on my knee caps was so bad I just could not stand it. I did ride it enough to break it in. Then I bought a Dainese Avro two piece. Wore it on I believe five track days last season and a few street rides so it is broken in. At the track it's not so bad but the last 3-4 sessions I do find myself pushing down on the knees to relieve pressure which isn't a good thing, and the street is just a no go. I want to wear leathers on my weekend rides but I never do because of the pain. I have adjustable rearsets that I set low but that doesn't help. I guess my question is if I were to order a custom suit could it be made with more room in the knee area? Or any other suggestions please.
K6 GSXR750
K7 CBR600RR

Rhino
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 35

Re: Knee pain with suit

Post by Rhino » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:06 am

Supermoto. :D

Barring that, maybe a suit or pants with more stretchy material in the legs? My Alpinestars suit has a bunch of stretchy material on the inside of the legs where you aren't going to slide.

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Post by milesmiles » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:18 am

I get knee pain as well(not totally horrible) and i know some other riders have it much worse. I normally take some pain pills right before doing anything which seems to help. Also look into a knee wrap.
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:24 am

Do you wear a layer under the leathers, like under armor?

I've noticed that as my leathers have gotten tighter (from working out, not eating so kiss it) they started to bother my knees, I think its due to the constant tugging on the joint when the leathers are a tad too tight.
K1600

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:37 am

Try changing out the knee pads (armour) , to something thinner and/or softer. This may give you the room you need and not compromise the safety.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

Grinner
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:39 pm

On the custom route, hit up Dave with Spartan Leathers and Im bettin he can help you answer this and would probably have no problem taking care of that for you!

http://www.spartanleathers.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

Michael

Post by Michael » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:23 pm

I forgot about this thread but I ended up buying a Dainese Laguna Seca Pro Estiva one piece. I went one size up to a 42. It probably fits as well or better than the 40. After it breaks in hopefully it will give me that little extra relief on the kneecaps. If not then I'll just have to live with the fact my knees are screwed because I'm not buying another haha
K6 GSXR750
K7 CBR600RR

DLSGAP
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider

Post by DLSGAP » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Michael wrote:I forgot about this thread but I ended up buying a Dainese Laguna Seca Pro Estiva one piece. I went one size up to a 42. It probably fits as well or better than the 40. After it breaks in hopefully it will give me that little extra relief on the kneecaps. If not then I'll just have to live with the fact my knees are screwed because I'm not buying another haha
I had this problem in the past and I ended up with a Laguna at the time as well. Never had issues after...
Wear your gear... I'd rather sweat than bleed.
Current bike:
CBR954RR

Former bikes
'87 YSR
' 92 CBR 600F2
'91 ZX7
' 92 ZX7RR
'94 ZX7RR
' 98 ZX7R
'07 ZX10R
' 11 FZ8