Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
JeffStrom
Club Member
Club Member
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 7

MSRC 7/19 1.7 CW

Post by JeffStrom » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Sunday I had my first day at Cresson on the 1.7 track going clockwise. I spent the entire day just trying to get the line right. I wasn't pushing entry speed and was only passing on the exits and in the straights. There are a couple of corners that gave me that "oh shit" feeling several times throughout the day. The first was Horseshoe (1). Going clockwise the big triple in the back tightens to a down-hill, off-camber, hard right. The other one is Wagon Wheel (2). Coming off the straight after Little Bend, you carry a lot of speed into Ricochet and you can stay on the throttle because it is uphill that direction. But then Wagon Wheel is again down-hill, off-camber, with a hard right at the end. Add to that, people don't ride this direction much and so they are all over the track. OTOH, I think Rattlesnake flows better clockwise, the last turn (3) onto the front straight can be taken at full throttle and the seams don't disrupt the bike as you drive to the outside. Plus you get to put some wear on the right side of your tires for a change.
MSRC_17_Track1.jpg
Jeff - Street Triple 675R / GSX-R600 / F850GSA

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Re: MSRC 7/19 1.7 CW

Post by dufremle » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:01 pm

Nice
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

turismon
Ride Leader in Training
Ride Leader in Training
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 7

Re: MSRC 7/19 1.7 CW

Post by turismon » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:41 pm

Man, makes me want to keep the bike and do track reading the write ups lol!
2014 Daytona 675r
Retired: Ninja 650R