MotoGP at COTA

This is the general Discussion area used for....General Discussions. Talk anything here just keep it clean and no spam.
fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

MotoGP at COTA

Post by fixxervi6 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:27 pm

So I was reading that Rossi came in second fastest and the COTA tests.. how about that!
K1600

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 40

Re: MotoGP at COTA

Post by DemonDuck » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:28 pm

This is gonna be a exciting year!
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:18 am

Rossi is not done. Rossi is gonna pwn :)
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Yes and I can't wait!
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Track Instructor
Achievement count: 42

Post by shilka99 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:14 am

I loved the quote about Marquez on Soup
"Marquez. Always smiles, always happy to talk, loves the track, great to be here, funny, sincere, loves life. Casey who?"

Poor Stoner, taking crap from 6000 miles away.
Shaun in McKinney
RGV250|520SX/SMR|RSV4 Factory

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by DemonDuck » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:23 am

It would be a more interesting year if Stoner was riding for Ducati or something. Only because that would add one more fighting for a spot on the podium. I admire Stoners skill but I could never be a fan because of his attitude.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck

2000 SV650 Track bike
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:32 am

I don't see Ducati winning anytime soon...
ImageImageImage

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by shilka99 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:59 am

Thats what people said in March 2007!
Shaun in McKinney

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:54 am

True, 2007 was a fluke, especially when you look at the list of manufacturers and who won. I think Ducati is that one that pretends they are this giant racing super powerhouse. In reality, they might have a lot of racers on Ducati, but not very many wins on Ducati.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gr ... ns_by_year" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImage

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by shilka99 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:03 am

True. 2007 was a suprise to just about everyone. I suspect even Ducati themselves...
But keep in mind the size of HRC's motogp engineering department compared to that of Ducati Corse - 10:1 ratio in personnel and budget.
Shaun in McKinney

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:09 am

Yeah, but the whole Ducati brand is basically one that bills itself as being born directly from racing, reliability on the street is about what you'd expect from a race bike, etc. I'm not tearing Ducati a new one so much as just chuckling at the fact that they come across as this super manufacturer that takes race technology directly to the consumer. Yet they don't win. I mean, Desmosedici RR... At least have a friggin championship win before selling it... at the price they charged... lol.
ImageImageImage

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:20 am

Firewa11 wrote:Yeah, but the whole Ducati brand is basically one that bills itself as being born directly from racing, reliability on the street is about what you'd expect from a race bike, etc. I'm not tearing Ducati a new one so much as just chuckling at the fact that they come across as this super manufacturer that takes race technology directly to the consumer. Yet they don't win. I mean, Desmosedici RR... At least have a friggin championship win before selling it... at the price they charged... lol.
Nah, wrong brand.

KTM - "Ready to Race"
Ducati - "Ever had sex with a motorcycle? You wanna?"

I don't know about them being the fastest, but damn do they make the sexiest bikes.

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by shilka99 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

This looks like it will be a fun track. Just look at that asphalt... Beautiful!

As for the Desmosedici, winning a race in their debut season is a pretty impressive achievement. It took a lot longer than that for the GSV-R, and the ZX-RR never won a race.
I agree with you about the chuckles though. The price of the '16 was to be expected but I bet no one expected the value to sink like it did. At least they had the balls to release their motogp technology in a street bike though. I hear rumours that Honda is doing something similar with a modern version of an RC30/45 with some RC213 tech but at this point its still just a rumour.
Shaun in McKinney

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:34 pm

Wonder who all has been driving on that track, there were a lot of rather odd skid marks of into the weeds.

Also wonder what the car was and the skill of the driver. Throttle controll does not sound smooth at all.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Fish R1
Achievement count: 0

Post by Fish R1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:10 am

Looks like they are still needing volunteers.
This is a copy of an e-mail I recieved last night.

MotoGP Marshals,

My name is Jason Wade, I am the Manager of Track Operations here at COTA and I am overseeing the operations of the volunteer Marshal Program.

First, I want to personally thank everyone for their efforts and assistance in making this amazing event. With this being COTA’s first MotoGP event, we really want to make sure it is a great one! We have been asked by the series to provide close to 300 people to help execute this event. This is a huge undertaking; I know it’s not an easy 3 days. However, it is an incredible experience with the best seats at the track and possible TV time!!

My job is to make sure things run as smooth as possible and more importantly that everyone has FUN! I want to make sure that this program is memorable and everyone will want to come back year after year. Our first task is to make sure we hit our numbers as to comply with MotoGP and also arrange food and beverage needs. Please help us by confirming your plans on attending by email, so that we can acquire an accurate count and running total as we get closer. If you have friends or family over the age of 18 that are interested please have them contact us at: cornermarshal@circuitoftheamericas.com

More details on arrival –
Training on Thursday, April 18, 2013 (3pm – 6pm)
This is very important as we will have a representative on hand to explain your duties while on track and we will be running through exercises to ensure everyone is educated on their position. We will be able to provide transportation from Wyndham Garden on Thursday for the training. This will be 1 bus making 1 trip. If you miss this bus on Thursday please try and secure a way to the track and we will help in any way to get you back to the hotel.

VERY IMPORTANT:
When arriving to the Track PLEASE ENTER Circuit of the Americas Blvd. FROM ELROY ROAD. Once you enter LOT K will be just up on the right. (LOOK FOR MASSIVE WHITE TENT) There will be a concert happening Thursday night and congestion and difficulty entering will await you at the other entrance on FM 812. Please do not enter from this side. We will be parking all RV’s on one side of K and Cars on the other and fill up towards the center. * Note this is a grass and rock lot so MOTORCYCLE parking will be a little tricky. Please come prepared. We will be handing out suits, and parking credentials and some swag on Thursday night. The map below will help, it is advised to Google Map the track to get a better idea.

Navigation:
If you are using Navigation to get to track use this address:

13000 FM 812 Del Valle, TX 78617
(this is an Exxon gas station just outside the track)

NOW THE COOL STUFF:
I always try to add some MAJOR perks to volunteers who take the time to help make these events happen. So here is the first of some amazing items we will be giving away….

An Autographed helmet by some of the best MotoGP riders: Ben Spies, Nicky Hayden, Valentino Rossi, Blake Young, Mark Marquez, Stephan Brady, Dani Pedrosa and more.

Volunteer Raffle Program:
We will be handing out raffle tickets at the end of each day when you return from the track, you volunteer all 3 days you get 3 tickets and chances to win some of the prizes on Sunday afternoon. Plus, I will add a raffle ticket to the THURSDAY Training. So that is 4 Chances!!!

•Thursday Training: 1 Ticket
•Friday end of day: 1 Ticket
•Saturday end of day: 1 Ticket
•Sunday end of event: 1 Ticket
We try very hard to get bike pieces, autographed visors, shirts, riding jackets…tons of items. We start the giveaways immediately after the event is over in the Volunteer tent once everyone has returned all their equipment and jump suits. Everyone will be eager to start heading home, so we do not waste any time. *You must be present to win.

IN CLOSING:
On our final email going out next week we will send out a complete run of show of confirmed times for Buses from hotel to track, buses from tent to station, station to tent, and tent to hotel. Breakfast times, menus, lunch times, MotoGP schedule, everything you need to know before arriving. Looking forward to an amazing weekend and making some new friends!

Thank you again,
See you soon!

Jason Wade
Manager of Track Operations

Grinner
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:54 am

EFFIN WORK!!!!!!!! I was soooo gonna sign up and was told it was not possible for me to get the time off!! DAMNIT< DAMNIT< DAMNIT!!!!!!
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

Fish R1
Achievement count: 0

Post by Fish R1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:44 pm

Grinner wrote:EFFIN WORK!!!!!!!! I was soooo gonna sign up and was told it was not possible for me to get the time off!! DAMNIT< DAMNIT< DAMNIT!!!!!!

Corner work at COTA? Trip to Barber in August? When to use the recently aquired track time from LSTD? FWMR clean up this Saturday?

What is Grinner going to do? Talk about the things that make you go hmmmmmm :HeadScratch:

Grinner
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Dont get me started....this has been a screwed up year for me so far! When I read your post I was actually getting excited because I have been thinking bout skippin work for some much needed vacation time and that woulda been an AWESOME change of pace for a few days. Oh well, theres always next year!
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

PinkFiddy
Achievement count: 12

Post by PinkFiddy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:10 pm

and me as paddock girl.

now there's something to go hmmmm about :boobs:

:o
I'm a big kid with the mentality of a Racoon & the energy of a Fiddy.
lalaloo!
Dolce Fonyete :D

nitzer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 8

Post by nitzer » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:26 pm

I would love to do this, but I'm not sure now due the situation that has developed today.
- Derek
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (SOLD)
2003 Suzuki SV650S (SOLD)
2008 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor (Street)

Winning hearts and minds...two the heart, one to the mind.