ATTN FWMR...please read

This is the general Discussion area used for....General Discussions. Talk anything here just keep it clean and no spam.
Grinner
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 25

ATTN FWMR...please read

Post by Grinner » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:38 am

Ok...24hrs since getting the phone call and there has now been a change. Just got home and was notified that they ar now more than loaded up on donations. The only thing they are still accepting is monetary donations.

Good intentions were there and Ill just continue with my donations goin to Boys and Girls club in Granbury.

Have a great weekend!
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Re: ATTN FWMR...please read

Post by Telomere » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:10 am

How did it go? Do you plan on doing another run? I didn't have time to clean out the kids clothes and run them down to you due to getting home late Friday (it took me an hour and 40 minutes to get home. It normally takes me 40 minutes so I don't know what was going on with traffic friday). If you plan on doing another run, let me know and I can run the bags of clothes down to you.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Grinner

Post by Grinner » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:15 am

Thanks tel...it ended up not happening after all and I took my donations to boys and girls club in granbury. I got home from work on friday and got a call that they were full up on donations and only accepting monetary help at this time. I was not expecting that so I just reposted everywhere I had and called it off and went and dropped my stuff in granbury.
I at least had good intentions but wasnt able to do anything during the week because of work. Im also glad they were able to receive so much assistance so quickly.
Thanks a bunch though.
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:23 am

I am sure all the locals had the same good intentions that you had. In the long run, it is better that they are overwhelmed with donations then struggling to get them. Your heart was in the right place and that is what matters.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Chucls
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 9

Post by Chucls » Wed May 29, 2013 10:13 pm

Hello,
Being a granbury resident and part of the initial cleanup/search effort in our town. I would like to say thank you for your thoughts and efforts in the donations.
Charles
03 CBR600RR

WillK675
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:24 am

Chafj45, After working in West this past weekend, we were wondering about the help that may be needed in Granbury and Cleburne. Please let us know if volunteer efforts are falling off, and help is still needed. We'd be happy as a club to set another date to help. After all we do pass thru both those towns a bit, and it's is good to help the communities that we go through.
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

Grinner

Post by Grinner » Thu May 30, 2013 11:39 am

Ditto what he said. I live just up the road and would be willing to lend a hand whenever I am available.

PinkFiddy
Achievement count: 12

Post by PinkFiddy » Thu May 30, 2013 12:21 pm

Yesterday on my break I overheard a lady talking with her dad about the damage in acton and granbury. she knows the lady at mission granbury and will pass mine and the club's information along to her as i told her i had friends ask about how bad it was and if they still need help - and they do as it will be 6-8mos before they get it all cleaned up and they just had a group that was helping pull out so now they're stuck. I heard this morning on the news FEMA is NOT giving help, only the Red Cross.

Hope this helps you two and anyone else asking. Please try to keep me in the loop with helping out as I don't have internet right now but would be more than willing to and want to help out. Thanks.

:o
I'm a big kid with the mentality of a Racoon & the energy of a Fiddy.
lalaloo!
Dolce Fonyete :D