GSX-R Performance Projects book (review)

crono782
Achievement count: 0

GSX-R Performance Projects book (review)

Post by crono782 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:18 pm

here:

cost: $20 (cheaper used)

one of my relatives got me this for Christmas. def not a book on "performance" projects. more a book of "save a few $$$ and do routine maintenance yourself" projects book. nonetheless, if you don't know your way around ur gixxer and just really wanna peel off the fairings and gander and the innards, then its a decent read.

the book uses an '02 gsxr1000 for all the projects and most of the stuff is standard maintenance (changing oil, coolant, brakes, chain play, etc) while some is stuff is not so routine (ie. replacing read shock absorber, replacing brakelines, sprocket, etc). and some of the stuff, i highly doubt you would have need of a book to help you do it (install aftermarket exhaust, EMS, turn signals, etc)

the author does a good job of giving you a lot of background info on what you're doing plus rough cost and time associated, but its far from a typical "step-by-step" book with few pictures per project. still, i don't think anybody would have a hard time following the procedures.

it was good considering it was free, and its actually invaluable knowledge to have if u own a late-model bike and don't already know this stuff. i'd buy it only if u find it on sale though.
===============
excellence through
superior mediocrity.