Unofficial Off-Week Bike Night - The Pour House - 7/15/10

Club bike nights and events other than rides here are here. Events usually posted on the calendar as well.
mahart
Achievement count: 8

Re: Unofficial Off-Week Bike Night - The Pour House - 7/15/1

Post by mahart » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Went to Boomerjacks last winter. Bike parking was allowed on the sidewalk in from of the place. Food-wise it's like Chili's.
Revved up like a douche.

El Diabro
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 18

Post by El Diabro » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Food? didn't get to try any

Atmosphere? Great! Lots of things going on inside also if we need to venture in there for the weather or just because

Eye Candy? Oh but yeah, there were Kit Kat's, Twix, Mounds, some Almond Joy's, Sweetarts, Double bubbles, Dolces Lorena (gotta get my latina's in there) M&M's and DD's....oh that's not a candy :)

Parking? Word on the street is parking is negotiable so I think it would be fine at this location

Location? Great location, kinda centralized. And as was mentioned, it's in Fort Worth which I thought was on the list of criteria for any place we choose to become official

Drinks? Excellent prices!

Entertainment? Love the music was varied, and nostalgic which can help lead to some more good throwback conversations. I may bring my cardboard if/when I have to cage it :)

Service? She was good, and seemed natural for her to be of service

Whatever else you'd like to mention. Get's my vote! Atmosphere is a lot better for mingling amoungst ourselves and the masses, and it was just a fun vibe.
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*

El Diabro

Post by El Diabro » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Firewa11 wrote:
Yes, they were clean, and the countertops were awesome. I want those shifting LED counters in my kitchen!!! :D
Yep, those were pretty damn cool!!!

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:34 pm

I dont think they were LED. I think they were fiber optic

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Any one know what the policy is for under age kids? Something we also need to take into consideration.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:39 pm

DarcShadow wrote:Any one know what the policy is for under age kids? Something we also need to take into consideration.
I just called them to check and spoke to one of the managers (Jesse? Justin?)... he said their policy is that after 9PM they are 21 and up and usually ask minors to leave. However, he said that they would be willing to take steps to allow our group an exception... wristbands for minors, or something like that, with the understanding that they are absolutely not allowed to drink. He seemed very willing to work with us on that, and reiterated that they were glad for our business last night and would be happy to have us back regularly.
Blizzard_1708 wrote:I dont think they were LED. I think they were fiber optic
Looked to me kind of like there were just holes drilled in the counter, with lights (LEDs, probably) mounted inside. Maybe the ladies room got fancy fiber optic ones.
mahart wrote:Went to Boomerjacks last winter. Bike parking was allowed on the sidewalk in from of the place. Food-wise it's like Chili's.
Boomerjacks is on our list of places to check out. However, it's tight in that small drive inside Monty Plaza; even with sidewalk parking I don't think they would be able to fit 20+ bikes. It would be a way worse parking situation then PH. Also, I think it's pretty small inside, too... I liked PH because there was just tons of room!
KC817 wrote:Food? Didn't eat. Do they have anything like F&H with the "free" barfood/snacks?
We didn't ask about any gimmes at this point. However, they do have a happy hour that runs until 7PM with all appetizers half price... I got two heaping plates of guacamole and chips for under $6, and a basket of fried calamari for $5. I think 18 buffalo wings were around $7. Pretty damn cheap. Then, after 7PM the drink specials pick up, which are also pretty cheap!

Food? I only had appetizers, but the selection seemed decent. Not enough to sway me one way or the other.
Atmosphere? Great. We had our own area up front where we could mingle and socialize, wander outside to the patio where the bikes were, chill outside with our drinks, etc. It had a very fun, upbeat atmosphere.
Eye Candy? Decent. Not as good as TK, but it seemed that there were more tipsy chicks begging for rides!
Parking? As good as it gets. One row right next to the patio, plus we can probably ask them to block off a few more spaces just across the way. I realize that the parking situation might be inconvenient for those who drive there, but as was said previously... we should be basing our decision on how well it fits for motorcycles.
Location? As central as it gets. Easy access from downtown and I-30.
Drinks? Cheap and tasty! The long islands were cheaper, bigger, and tasted better then F&H's.
Entertainment? Good music, live bands/DJs later on, pool tables, dance area in front of the stage... I can see us having FUN here.
Service? Waitress seemed to try very hard to make us happy. No complaints.
Whatever else you'd like to mention. There's just something about this place... it has intangibles. Maybe it's the fact that the area we were sitting in was open, with windows on all sides, with the patio and bikes right there... it just seemed perfect. At TK we were shut off on our own little room, which wasn't as great as I thought it would be. Yeah, we could walk out to the parking lot and the bikes, but there was no place outside to mingle, to be able to sit with your drink and talk to friends. F&H is kind of the same way... I love that we have our own half a room with pool tables right there, but you feel segregated from the people outside... there's no ability to just wander back and forth. I think this place just fits.
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:46 pm

manager said he would extent happy hour for us if we were to come regularly, and I believe he extended it for us last night as well. Half price appetizers, and something like $2 domestics, $3 wells....

Meat of Snail
Achievement count: 0

Post by Meat of Snail » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:35 am

Food? huge menue of options, what I got was really good
Atmosphere? open and inviting to roaming around and mingling
Eye Candy? seams to be a place that attracts the college type crowd
Parking? parking was really good (up front and very visible from inside), only down side is the lot is not very big
Location? it is in central Fort Worth, great location
Drinks? the ones I tasted were good, they had a lot of options (I think they had a full bar)
Entertainment? music/bands, I did not notice billiards games
Service? service was decent, friendly and appeared that they could handle us
Whatever else you'd like to mention. From what I saw, this place is top on my list (so far) for possible new homes for the club
Meat of Snail ==> AKA: Snail Meat
Bike: ZX-10R 2007 Special Edition
IBA# 41998

El Diabro

Post by El Diabro » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:58 pm

Blizzard_1708 wrote:manager said he would extent happy hour for us if we were to come regularly, and I believe he extended it for us last night as well. Half price appetizers, and something like $2 domestics, $3 wells....

I didn't arrive till about 9:00 pm, and my well drinks were 2 bucks so that may have been why :)

Rhino
Achievement count: 35

Post by Rhino » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:03 am

The Pour House is on my home turf, so some additional info:

- For parking a car, you can park in the big ass garage on the other side of Foch street (the cross street next to Backwoods). You'll have to walk a block or so, but hey, bring your bike next time. :) They actually shouldn't have been allowed to open that bar with as few parking spaces as there are, but it is what it is. Bikes can line up in non-traditional spots, so anything the management is cool with should work fine.

- Other bars in the area include the Shamrock and 7th Haven which are right across 7th, and Poag Mahones which is around the corner. The Shamrock and Poag Mahones are both irish pub style bars, 7th Haven is its own thing. There is also M-Lounge around the corner from the Pour House which is an upscale martini bar, and Chimy's which does cheap mexican food and beer. They are also putting something in on Crockett street I think, not sure what that's going to be.

I would love to see the Pour House become the regular spot, I'd make a lot more bike nights I think.