Cops vs. Sportbikes - Why kids are the way they are.

This section can be controversial. All opinions and arguments are welcome. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
El Diabro
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 18

Cops vs. Sportbikes - Why kids are the way they are.

Post by El Diabro » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:52 am

Agreed....it seems like when they took prayer and corporal punishment out of school with my generation, the crap started hitting the fan. Not that the two were related, but it's more less two less items used for structure that are no longer in any system, and now we've ended up with what we have today.......Like Firewa11 said, it does start at home, and a house is not a home, if no one is there (sorry, stole that one from a big Luther song, but it fits)
Who all seen the Leprechaun say YEAH!!!!

'06 Busa *aka The Big Girl*
'05 GSXR 750 *aka Baby Gixxer*

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 27

Re: Interesting read: Cops vs Sportbikers

Post by milesmiles » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:00 pm

El Diabro wrote:Agreed....it seems like when they took prayer and corporal punishment out of school with my generation, the crap started hitting the fan. Not that the two were related, but it's more less two less items used for structure that are no longer in any system, and now we've ended up with what we have today.......Like Firewa11 said, it does start at home, and a house is not a home, if no one is there (sorry, stole that one from a big Luther song, but it fits)
:icon_whs0be:
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles
"it's not a stupid dirt bike, it's a supermoto!"-miles

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Re: Interesting read: Cops vs Sportbikers

Post by Firewa11 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:53 pm

I wouldn't necessarily say it directly has anything to do with taking out prayer from school. Taking prayer out of school reflects a shift in society moving away from any one particular (or any) religion as the primary focus, and moving towards religious tolerance and respect of all beliefs and cultures. As a country we're no longer overwhelmingly dominated by Christians and Catholics as it once was. Yes, it was an athiest that led the charge, but she had a good point. Think of how you'd feel if you were a Christian and you migrated to another country, and they worshiped the Greek Gods and forced you to do the same.

Anyways that's all I'll say about that before this becomes a religious & politics move. In a nutshell, it's a shift in society that has brought us to where we are today. A shift in how families are viewed. A shift in how people treat one-another. Is it the dissolution of religious beliefs that cause this?

I believe it's a lack of fear amongst most people. Lack of fear of the consequences of one's actions. Lack of fear of eternal damnation. Lack of fear of justice being brought down on you and going to prison. Lack of respect for one's self, and how the world views them. Being a citizen of the world's most powerful nation, with a stockpile of nukes capable of obliterating the world if anyone messes with us, what do we, as a nation, have to fear? If we don't believe in and/or fear God and the consequences of our actions... what do we have to fear? A justice system that is flawed and a punishment system that provides better care for people than most have ever had their entire lives?

Ok moving this to Politics & Religion... hehe...
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

El Diabro

Re: Cops vs. Sportbikes - Why kids are the way they are.

Post by El Diabro » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:19 pm

yeah, you said what I was saying better than I said it.......okay anyways, because it's that lack of fear of repercusions across the board that has enabled these kids to think they can do whatever it is they want to do...

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:41 pm

Yep, and as a society we have grown accustomed to coddling those that are weak and those that misbehave. Instead of focusing on punishment, we focus on psychology and trying to be sympathetic to the reasons a person acts the way they are... Let's not punish him for throwing a brick through that window, let's send him to therapy and try to find his inner issues and correct them...

I saw a news HEADLINE regarding a mother that slapped her child because her child was acting out and kicked her mother. Why in the hell is this even news worthy? It certainly wouldn't have been 10 years ago... My mother slapped me once or twice, and I sure as hell deserved it. Kicking my own mother would warrant a slap.

Schools in the past used to have dedicated personnel for discipline... if the principal didn't do it themselves. I was always given a choice. "I can contact your parents and suspend you, or I can give you X number of licks and send you on your way". I took the parents route only once. I got it far worse from them. And guess what. I behaved. I learned. The punishment was justified, it fit the crime, and I learned not to do it again.
"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."
ImageImageImage

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:26 pm

too many parents have been punished for trying to control their own children, so now children can run rampant.

El Diabro

Post by El Diabro » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:28 pm

The flip side of the parents being punished is that it's other parents who try to step into someone else's world. I know that I also was on the receiving in on more than a few punishments that I rightfully deserved and I don't need anyone to pyscho-analyze to figure out why. We've not only coddle, we enable the weak to do these things. There's an issue right now with my wife's cousin who's 240-lb '11 year old' son just had him put his hands her and push her down....and she refuses to tell her husband who's his father! I'm like 'wtf are you thinking' and she says he won't do it again, but she doesn't realize, he's not the only problem, she is as well! First off, an 11 year old shouldn't be 5'4 and 240....secondly, I wouldn't have ever thought of doing that to my mom, and if I did ever do it, well I might not be here to have this conversation today! I've seen kids curse their mom's, hit them, and I honestly feel like that when I retire, I'm going to move to Sweden or something. Okay, well most of that is because the women like brotha's over there, but still, you get my point :)

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:33 am

Dirt roads man Dirt roads.

I got a little rough when playing once when I was about 13 and accidently (really it was an accident) grabed my moms throat. My mom straight up had me on the couch and was over me choking me out and telling me dont you ever put a hand around my throat again.... You know I never did get to rough when playing around with my mom again. Anyway we have people getting in trouble for spanking a child and getting them taken away from them but then we have these drug addicts that get chance after chance to get a child back. We have been moving the line of what is acceptable for a LONG TIME but where does it stop. When do we finally say enough? Why do you need 3 DUI's to go to jail.... did you not know it was wrong the first 2 times? Is it less likely you will kill a family driving down the road the first 2 times..... do you even think the first 2 times they are caught it is even close to the first 2 times they have done it? I can go on this stuff for way to long so I will stop but I think that the prison system should be self sufficient.... dont work = dont eat ect. I also think we need to get hard core values back in our lives and just about any religion teaches the same basic values. I really hate that we can have officials that do not put their hand on their heart during the pledge and stuff like that ..... That is right I said I was gonna stop. Ok well read this article ... the father is right in what he says I think.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/ ... 1#storytop
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:22 am

Religion is the root of all evil.
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:35 am

KC817 wrote:Religion is the root of all evil.
Going to have to go with money
The world needs Miles
Sometimes you gotta draw the line, but that doesn't mean it can't be squiggly-miles

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:08 pm

blackjanuary wrote:
I would say its the lack of money is the root.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Actually it's the pursuit of money that's the root of all evil.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Meaning Greed.
Greed for material things ?
Greed for Power ?
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

El Diabro

Post by El Diabro » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:25 am

blackjanuary wrote:
Can I politely and safely say 'women?'

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:39 am

El Diabro wrote:
blackjanuary wrote:
Can I politely and safely say 'women?'
and what do women want from us? MONEY! :SideSplittingLaughter:
The world needs Miles

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:01 am

Women are not the root of evil, women are absolute evil. Get your math straight.

Women = Time x Money

Time = Money

Women = Money ^2

Money = sqrt (Evil)

Women = |Evil|

milesmiles
Ride Leader
Ride Leader

Post by milesmiles » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:18 am

:SideSplittingLaughter:
The world needs Miles

El Diabro

Post by El Diabro » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:12 pm

hahahahahaha

jnobles06
Achievement count: 0

Post by jnobles06 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:09 pm

if money is the root of all evil, what is the root of money? humanity, which is also the root of religion. men are both good and evil, but we just like to think of ourselves as good and project our evil on to other things.

even religion is selfish most people don't go to church because they love god, and if they do love god its because they want to go to heaven which is still greedy. kinda like a suicide bomber blowing himself up for "allah" yeah right, you know he's just thinking of the 72 virgins he is promised in the afterlife for dying for islam.

humans have two ways of looking at things positive experiences and negative ones (good and bad and if its not bad we would have to consider it to be positive). without one the other is not possible. so in order to be truly happy you would have to transcend the idea of positive and negative and view experiences as just that; an experience, and just be glad that you are able to have any at all be them positive or negative. which is virtually impossible being a physical creature. which is where the soul comes in. when we leave our physical bodies (die) we then go to "heaven" (that is when we transcend) where we become one with "god" who is not a being but "god" is where the positive and negative combine, the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end, and we (our souls) remain in pure bliss.

just my $.02 and i apologize if it seems like rambling its just my thought takes me to some crazy places sometimes, take it as you will.
95' F150 XL 300 I6
2000 Mustang GT 10psi
02 CBR 600 Full D&D, Undertail kit w/ LED signals, busted ebay fairings.