National Internet ID Program.

This section can be controversial. All opinions and arguments are welcome. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
jnobles06
Achievement count: 0

Re: National Internet ID Program.

Post by jnobles06 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Grinner wrote:
jnobles06 wrote:hell today i have a car parked in front of my house that has a bad fuel pump and the inspection is out. it got tagged to tow! i called the police dept and they dumb ass dispatch lady put me on with the captain and he said because it hasnt moved in 48 hrs and the inspection was out it was considered abandoned, i said "well its my car, parked in front of my house, and i'm the owner who is telling you it is not abandoned" and he said "according to the law it is". not to mention the "hasn't moved in 48 hrs b/s" wtf do they have an officer watching the car all day? (they didn't mark the road with chalk lines on the tires either). with the power the government and corporations have this country isn't free at all.
Dont take this wrong, Im not slamming you.

What you mentioned above is a prime example of our responsibilities to our own well being and the loss of common sense.

That law was put into place...
1) lets be understanding, do you want a few of your neighbors to have "junkers" (or abandoned in your case) in front of their houses? Would that not discourage good, ethical, common sense folk from buying your house at the price you know you can get? (and yes...I am referring to "whitetrash")
So you have to put a law into place to help out the community when they get disgusted!
2) this is what happenes when the community decides its not important to participate in the city council meetings in their community. Then they get all bent outta shape when they suddenly start getting ticketed for putting up a garage sale sign, cutting a tree down, or whatever stupid stuff you can think up.

:D
i undersatnd about the yard looking like shit and trashy but the fact is the car has been parked there for a week and its not junker it's a 07 nissan pathfinder. lol. i agree its the stupid law that is in place and the code compliance officer is obviously can't discern an abandoned car from one that is not abandoned. my real problem is that they said "it hasn't moved in 72 hours" how would they absolutely know that for sure without marking the pavement or having a constant surveillance? i mean, hell, i could be moving it every day into the garage to work on it in my spare time.

this is the second time something like this has happened to me (same officer). last time i had parked my mustang at an angle in my driveway and the front passenger tire was turned into the grass. i got a knock on the door at 7am (i work till 12 every night and don't usually fall asleep till 3-4am). the officer said that he was giving me a warning because it was against code to park in my yard. i couldn't really believe this was even happening at first. how is one tire in the grass considered parking in my yard to a rational person? it's not it the law that was bad. it was just the incompetence, or the ego of the officer interpreting the law to give justification to his job.

i would love to have time to attend a city council meeting, but our society has put the majority of its population in a situation where one does not have enough time in one's schedule to attend a meeting because anyone, in our society has to pay to play the game of life. and if you're not up in the $$ you are pressured by society (be it family, friends, ego, bills. ect) to get more $$. if you're a bum, or even a middle class member who actually has the time to attend these meeting you can bet the more prestigious members of your community will win the vote almost every time due to their financial means, the time they have available to tend to the matters of law, and though those two things they have a greater ability to persuade the majority in their favor. that is just how it goes in a democratic/capitalistic society. the rich stay in power be cause the lower classes are working to be rich and thus don't have the time for the important things. that is until the lower classes get fed up then of course there is a revolution.
Last edited by jnobles06 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
95' F150 XL 300 I6
2000 Mustang GT 10psi
02 CBR 600 Full D&D, Undertail kit w/ LED signals, busted ebay fairings.

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:18 pm

If your inspection sticker is out then they have every right to tag it for tow. When I was looking for a house I made sure there were no vehicles on blocks in the driveway, no boats/motorhomes parked on the side of the house, and yards that looked generally taken care of. I didn't want to live in a dump. So I am all for the rules that you don't seem to like.

You could push the car into the driveway, then they can't say anything about it being out of inspection.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:21 pm

the one thing Jim forgot to look for when buying a house was a hot tub in the back yard that doesnt work.

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Just push the stupid car to the other side of your driveway so they cant say it hasnt moved.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:54 pm

every other day.

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Blizzard_1708 wrote:the one thing Jim forgot to look for when buying a house was a hot tub in the back yard that doesnt work.
The hot tub worked, for a little while anyway. They never advertised it because it wasn't working when they sold the house.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Grinner
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 pm

dufremle wrote:You could push the car into the driveway, then they can't say anything about it being out of inspection.
Actually, depending on the way the vehicle is parked and what the city ordinance is, they could technically still tow it. Trust me, I know cause I had to deal with the same type crap out in Lubbock. When I first got my mustang and before I got my shop, I had it just sitting in the driveway. Now here is the kicker...I did have the car covered but I heard from a couple of neighbor friends quite frequently that they were getting asked by police about that car. Because it is covered, the city cannot touch it because they have no probable cause. So in turn as far as they are allowed to assume, the vehicle is fully registered and operable.
Luckily I had already heard about the law before I even bought the car.

So on the other side of this discussion....always remember, where there are rules and laws, there is always a loophole. Otherwise, my uncle would have only been a farmer or rancher and not an attorney!

Hey jnobles06...

Looks to me you either have a prissy ass neighbor that is waaaaay too upity or just a dick of a cop that lives in that neighborhood. Either way, the only way you will ever get peace from this is...
a) just move. (duh! but we all know the problems with that)
b) pray that the cop either moves or gets relocated to another district
c) document all visits by law enforcment of this type manner to possibly use as a case of harassment against the city. Especially if it is the same friggin cop coming to your door!
d) if possible, move it into the driveway and put a cover on it until you can get it fixed.

I understand your frustrations completely and dreadfully this is the crap we have to put up with to live in the city.
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Ok so put the thing in the driveway close to the garage or house then park your working vehicle right behind it almost touching bumpers. TOW THAT B!@TCH!
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

jnobles06

Post by jnobles06 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:54 pm

dufremle wrote:If your inspection sticker is out then they have every right to tag it for tow. When I was looking for a house I made sure there were no vehicles on blocks in the driveway, no boats/motorhomes parked on the side of the house, and yards that looked generally taken care of. I didn't want to live in a dump. So I am all for the rules that you don't seem to like.

You could push the car into the driveway, then they can't say anything about it being out of inspection.
you actually just made my point. your statement contradicts itself or should i say the first part about the inspection has nothing to do with how a neighborhood looks.

1. i never said i had a shitty vehicle on blocks and they were trying to tow it. by your rationale if i had a piece of crap rusted out pinto with current inspection parked in front my house, you'd be ok with that? because that is what you just said. in your first sentence.
dufremle wrote:If your inspection sticker is out then they have every right to tag it for tow.
2. its not like you were driving up and down the roads of your potential neighborhood looking at peoples inspection tags were you? obviously not because you just said you were looking for signs of neglect not expired inspection.
dufremle wrote:When I was looking for a house I made sure there were no vehicles on blocks in the driveway, no boats/motorhomes parked on the side of the house, and yards that looked generally taken care of. I didn't want to live in a dump. So I am all for the rules that you don't seem to like. .

so why would you agree that it is justifiable to tow someones obviously non abandoned car just because the inspection is expired? because its the law? well sir that is what i am bitching about.

my point was that how can they justify my vehicle is abandoned when i (the owner) claim that it is not. i'll tell you why. they made a shitty law to lump all vehicles with their inspection expired as abandoned based on the assumption that all abandoned vehicles will have an expired inspection.

what would make sense is if they made the law to include expired registration in lieu of expired inspection.
95' F150 XL 300 I6
2000 Mustang GT 10psi

jnobles06

Post by jnobles06 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Grinner wrote:
dufremle wrote: Hey jnobles06...

Looks to me you either have a prissy ass neighbor that is waaaaay too upity or just a dick of a cop that lives in that neighborhood. Either way, the only way you will ever get peace from this is...
a) just move. (duh! but we all know the problems with that)
b) pray that the cop either moves or gets relocated to another district
c) document all visits by law enforcment of this type manner to possibly use as a case of harassment against the city. Especially if it is the same friggin cop coming to your door!
d) if possible, move it into the driveway and put a cover on it until you can get it fixed.

I understand your frustrations completely and dreadfully this is the crap we have to put up with to live in the city.
i thought about just finding where the fucker lives and if its close just leaving my mustang in front of his house and then just switching off from that and my truck on the way home from work so at 12:30 am, i can just drop my truck off, jump in the mustang, rev it up a few times, and drive it home. then just alternate them every day on the way to work. lol.
95' F150 XL 300 I6
2000 Mustang GT 10psi

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:51 am

It's probably just the inspection because they dont want you driving without inspection ($ and safety)

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:49 am

Heavy on the money side. Safety is just the excuse, not the reason. :)
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Grinner
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:00 pm

jnobles06 wrote: i thought about just finding where the fucker lives and if its close just leaving my mustang in front of his house and then just switching off from that and my truck on the way home from work so at 12:30 am, i can just drop my truck off, jump in the mustang, rev it up a few times, and drive it home. then just alternate them every day on the way to work. lol.
I couldnt agree more!!! That would be some worthwhile fun for a little while!
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6