Quasi-Official FWMR Trackday, Oct 25th at ECR

Post up RideSmart events and Trackday raffles here
Grinner
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:22 am

Was plannin on makin this my first trackday but things just ain't lining up right now so I am a maybe. If I don't ride, will be there to support.
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

mattjmartin
Achievement count: 0

Post by mattjmartin » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:09 am

Grinner wrote:Was plannin on makin this my first trackday but things just ain't lining up right now so I am a maybe. If I don't ride, will be there to support.
If the bike is together and you have time set aside, what else needs to line up? Dave will rent you leathers for cheap/free and I got a trailer spot if you need it (even though you have a truck)... No Excuses!
- Matt
- 2004 FZ6
"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."

GRex

Post by GRex » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:39 am

mattjmartin wrote:
Grinner wrote:Was plannin on makin this my first trackday but things just ain't lining up right now so I am a maybe. If I don't ride, will be there to support.
If the bike is together and you have time set aside, what else needs to line up? Dave will rent you leathers for cheap/free and I got a trailer spot if you need it (even though you have a truck)... No Excuses!
:icon_owned:
2009 Piaggio MP3 500
2010 White/Silver 14RR T-Rex
2005 Pearl White T-Rex (Sold)
IBA# 41997
Image Image

Grinner

Post by Grinner » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:33 am

1....I did say maybe...
2....It ain't even October yet...
3....You gonna pay for the tires Ima gonna need...????
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Grinner wrote: 3....You gonna pay for the tires Ima gonna need...????
clicky
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999

WillK675
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Sure I'll help you pay for those tires. Just sell me one of them trackdays you've got saved up from corner working. :-x

You get some $$$ for tires, and I'll have this trackday paid for. :))
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

Grinner

Post by Grinner » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:54 pm

sckego wrote:
clicky
Duh Dufus, but that takes $$$. Something of which unless it's a guaranteed thing, I ain't lettin go of any of my $$$ right now.

WillK675 wrote:Sure I'll help you pay for those tires. Just sell me one of them trackdays you've got saved up from corner working. :-x

You get some $$$ for tires, and I'll have this trackday paid for. :))
I'll look into that this weekend and get back with you.

mattjmartin

Post by mattjmartin » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:05 pm

Grinner wrote:1....I did say maybe...
How bout a set of Take-offs? I got some slicks that will be getting replaced with something less sticky soon. I wanna get use to the bike sliding around so I'm gonna run some BT016's soonish.
- Matt
- 2004 FZ6

Grinner

Post by Grinner » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:15 am

mattjmartin wrote:
Grinner wrote:1....I did say maybe...
How bout a set of Take-offs? I got some slicks that will be getting replaced with something less sticky soon. I wanna get use to the bike sliding around so I'm gonna run some BT016's soonish.
I'll keep that in mind as we get closer. I just found out over the weekend that I am also getting close to needin new brakes too (if it ain't one thing it's another :-) ). Im really not skimping out on this cause I really want to ride. The main thing is that I just put in a bid on a house and if everything keeps going like so then I will be closing around the 23 of Oct. In the meantime, I am trying not to spend any $$$ except for what is necessary between now and then.
As I said before though, I am still a maybe.

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:44 am

congrats on the house bid, where bouts?
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

fireblade
Achievement count: 46

Post by fireblade » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:02 am

The lady next door to me said her grandson just got his first sport bike of some sort. he is going to be in town that weekend and wanted me to show him some roads around here but I think I've got him talked into the track day on the 25th. Any thoughts on this? He's said he's been on sportbikes before but I'm not sure how much.
Random stuff I say:
Women are like square roots, if they're under 17 you just have to do them in your head.

What would you be if you were attached to another object by an incline plane, wrapped helicly around an axis?

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:14 am

fireblade wrote:The lady next door to me said her grandson just got his first sport bike of some sort. he is going to be in town that weekend and wanted me to show him some roads around here but I think I've got him talked into the track day on the 25th. Any thoughts on this? He's said he's been on sportbikes before but I'm not sure how much.
The 25th is so far away, grandson will probably be gone, down the path of The Squid. :((
But maybe not - Is anyone wanting to set-up a morning ride ending up at ECR ?
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-

fireblade

Post by fireblade » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:33 am

KC817 wrote:The 25th is so far away, grandson will probably be gone, down the path of The Squid.

Probably but you can always come back from the darkside.
Random stuff I say:
Women are like square roots, if they're under 17 you just have to do them in your head.

What would you be if you were attached to another object by an incline plane, wrapped helicly around an axis?

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:32 am

fireblade wrote:The lady next door to me said her grandson just got his first sport bike of some sort. he is going to be in town that weekend and wanted me to show him some roads around here but I think I've got him talked into the track day on the 25th. Any thoughts on this? He's said he's been on sportbikes before but I'm not sure how much.
Are you sure he has all of the gear, and that he's bringing it with him?
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

fireblade

Post by fireblade » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:44 am

Dufremle wrote:Are you sure he has all of the gear, and that he's bringing it with him?

I'll probably talk to him between now and then to make sure he's got the right gear and stuff. other than the standard stuff, what else might be needed?
Random stuff I say:

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:27 am

Money.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:54 am

he can always rent gear, or if you find out his sizes some one on here might loan him some, as long as you take responsibility for it and make sure it gets back to the owner. :))
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

Bird

Post by Bird » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:03 pm

Grinner HAS leathers lined up. :D We just need to see if the house comes through or not. :(( :(( :(( I'm planning on doing the 25th, just before heading to Key West for a wild weekend! :) :-) :)
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

mattjmartin

Post by mattjmartin » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:46 pm

Bird wrote:Grinner HAS leathers lined up. :D
And a trailer spot and some tires. I'll even change the tires for him before and after the event. There is a maintenance day kinda being organized too to get his bike in check and get the damper and speedo parts I have for him mounted up!
- Matt
- 2004 FZ6

shilka99
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Track Instructor
Achievement count: 42

Post by shilka99 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:07 pm

Hey guys, this will be my first track day in Texas! WooHoo :-D
I'll be bringing my SV and i will have room for 2 other bikes and gear in the trailer if anyone needs a lift.
I also got my bike running again after fitting the new 5.5" wheel so i hope to meet you guys at the next bike night.

The new wheel was a fun project so i'll post a write up and pictures in the maintenance forum.

Shaun.

Grinner

Post by Grinner » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:34 am

mattjmartin wrote:
Bird wrote:Grinner HAS leathers lined up. :D
And a trailer spot and some tires. I'll even change the tires for him before and after the event. There is a maintenance day kinda being organized too to get his bike in check and get the damper and speedo parts I have for him mounted up!
Like Bird said, I'm good to go on that part and I appreciate your offer and assistance but I am going to not be doing the trackday as the timing between this house purchase and everything else I have to deal with right now are just stressing me waaaaaaay the F out. I personally don't feel that I would be worth a Dang by that point!

mattjmartin

Post by mattjmartin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:33 am

^^^^ Well, we can't say we didn't try! ^^^^

On a side note, this is turning out to be one HECK of a weekend for me. The 24th I am going to try to get out to LSTD at MSRC 3.1 for my CMRA licensing. From there I am going to head to ECR and camp out at ECR for sunday! :cool: :-o

EDIT: Has anyone coordinated any type of discount for this event? Every little bit helps!
- Matt
- 2004 FZ6

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:54 am

O.K. guys sorry. I got us a $10 dollar discount and free leathers and boots for those that need them so no excuses about "I've got no gear".
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:07 pm

Almost forgot! Same deal as last time. Register on the Ride Smart web page, pay with gift certificates totaling $110 and wait for confirmation. Get me a list of everyone wanting to participate. Those on the list will be marked as paid in full. If anyone has a problem please contact me and I'll help you out. P.S. please also let me know if you'll be needing leathers and boots.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice
Achievement count: 49

Post by sckego » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:26 pm

I am registered for L2! (or at least, I bought the gift certs and asked to be signed up). Woohoo!
Kegan "Glowstick"
'12 MTS1200ST - '15 CB500F - AFM #895 - AMA #3283468 - IBA #41999