March 3rd Slow Intermediate Ride 10am

Ride Leaders, post rides
angryscientist
Achievement count: 0

Post by angryscientist » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:16 pm

i found it on google maps, dunno which way ill go. hoping i can meet up with someone and ride out with them
No it aint my birthday, but I got my name on the cake.

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:35 pm

the loop isnt bad on the weekends generally

hawk

Meeting

Post by hawk » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:30 pm

If you want to meet up with me I will be glad to ride out with you. I am not out by 183 but not to far. I will be off 820 north at a Starbucks about 8:30 to 8:45.

If you take the Rufe Snow exit off of 820 north and turn right on Rufe Snow there is a Starbucks just past the McDonalds on the right. I will be there until around 9:15 and then will head on over to the Sonic. Rufe Snow is like the second exit after 820 splits.

If you show up I will ride with you if not I will see you at the Sonic. I ride a Gray R1. I am an old guy but I still like to ride.
Follow the winding road, it will set you free.
[img]http://www.txsportriders.com/images/061023_cresson/4679_small1.JPG[/img] Hawk
[url]http://www.TexasSportRiders.com[/url]

Edmond_Dantes

Post by Edmond_Dantes » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:39 pm

I'm in if I don't chicken out or sleep in. Man I hate getting up at 5 every day.
1990 ZG1000 Concours
"...They will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines"

Aviconus
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by Aviconus » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:00 pm

ill meet you at SB. gives me a reason to leave earlier. woot.
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

angryscientist

Post by angryscientist » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:11 pm

im planning on meeting you at starbucks, dont wait on me though :)
No it aint my birthday, but I got my name on the cake.

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:25 pm

Count me in ....see you guys at Sonic
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

Bird Shooter

Post by Bird Shooter » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:53 am

I'll be there (Sonic)
[img]http://www.fwmr.net/images/rideleader/white1.gif[/img]
Jeff
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1897/avatr3nd5gu7fn3.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1995/bushflippingfingeranimapd2.gif[/img][/url]

Bird

Post by Bird » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:55 am

Hate to miss it, guys, but I can't make it after all. :( Be careful out there.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:35 am

Meet you all at Sonic!

Aviconus

Post by Aviconus » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:12 am

if anyone has a back up power pack for a dollet could they please bring it.

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

Aviconus

Post by Aviconus » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:13 am

sorry fat fingers. i mean collet.

jr2

Post by jr2 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:42 pm

hope everyone had a safe ride... :cool: I will make the next ride... (unless it's next saturday then I'm out...) :-o
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike as most people do in all their lives" Marco Simoncelli

sckego
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Licensed Racer - Novice

Post by sckego » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:50 pm

Hey All -

Had a great time today! Thanks for a fun ride... those laps around Eagle Canyon were a blast. Haha, my first time on a track, and I wasn't even planning on it. Talk about making my weekend. I hope those of us that got sidelined with radiator problems got home OK. Hope to see you all on the next ride.

Kegan

Aviconus

Post by Aviconus » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:01 pm

todays ride was bliss. who could ever expect to get free track time? that turned me on to doing more track time some other day. to those that said R.I.P. to their radiators i give you my condolences. im sure there was once or twice where i scared someone as i know i was scared more then once. that 2 second rule couldnt be truer for those new riders or less experienced. i hop eto see you out there next time. hopefully in warmer weather. see you tonight if you are going.

Meat of Snail

Post by Meat of Snail » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:19 pm

My bike PEED ON IT'S OWN TIRE, I hope I didn't scare it that bad...

I am the one with the radiator trouble, I found that there were 2 punctures in the cooling tubes between the fins (rock, screw, bottle cap, who knows???). Stuff like that happens, oh whell. I did find the dealership in Denton and they could not get anything doen today. They took the time to try to find a radiator shop to help me out, no luck there (no one wants to deal with motorcycle radiators???). I decided to drive it to the Fort Worth dealership, in hopes that they can get me a new radiator installed by next Friday so that I can make my ride to Arkansas, if not I will ride my wife's cruser up there. Between me and the nice people at the dealership, we are trying to get Kawasaki to take it under waranty as I have only had it for a month (wish me luck here).

All in all, I made it back safe, had to refill the radiator once on the way back. The bike did not over heat. I am sad to have missed out on the free laps at the track. All though, I would have probably sat back and watched as my leathers are still at the cleaners/repair shop. I am glad that everyone was able to make it through the ride safe, including the track time, you guys will have to let me know how it was. I plan to see you guys at the movie tonight, I will be driving the pickup.

Edmond_Dantes

Post by Edmond_Dantes » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:27 pm

Good times! The track was just an added bonus. Another 10 degrees would have been nice, but you can't have everything.

We all stayed on the tires, so it was a good day.

Hopefully I'm the only one to go off the road, but no harm no foul.

See you all next time.
1990 ZG1000 Concours
"...They will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines"

GSXRRider
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Post by GSXRRider » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:35 pm

MAN !!! Those of you who missed this ride are gunna hear about it. I guess the 1 free hour of track time at Eagles Canyon made the ride just a bit better!! :grin: :cool:

Yah baby!!

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:00 pm

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Glad to hear you made a couple laps on the new track. I did go out to Denton and pick up Digi's bike and got it out to Cycle Werkz. But it was so close to closing time that they will have to give him a call back tuesday to see about pricing and down time.

RAZOR

Post by RAZOR » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:21 pm

I never knew I was so adicted to rididng since we had a chance to ride on the new track .That was the first time on the track with my bike and it was awsome!!!!! I found out I have a lot of stuff to work on ! I find myself setting myself up as if there was jumps on the track and I have sperattick movements . I need to work on beeing smother< but you you know if it were'nt for terry and the guys I would never had the chance to learn what I have !!! A BIG THANKS to all of you!!!!! Now I have to just try to keep from getting tickets ! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-D :grin: :cool: :cool: 8-)
As I shifted into sixth , I couldn't remember a thing she said !!!!!!!!!I just want to ride !!!!

RAZOR

Post by RAZOR » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:24 pm

Oh, In case you guys were wondering I used to motocross I thought street bikes were boring ,Boy was I wrong!!!!!!! :-?
As I shifted into sixth , I couldn't remember a thing she said !!!!!!!!!I just want to ride !!!!

rnbcbr1000

Post by rnbcbr1000 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm

Awesome ride today :grin: The first hour heading up to the track I began to second guess my decision of riding in 50 degree weather. Oddly enough after the first turn on the track I totally forgot that it was freezing out. Big thanks go to Steve for so graciously allowing us to do some hot laps around the new track. When it is all done that place is going to awesome. If I should happen to stay in this area I'm sure I will ride it many more times in the future. Either way a new track addict was born today! :track:
[url=http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3qf8.jpg][img]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8339/picture3qf8.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Jason

If you're not riding on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

havoc6266

Post by havoc6266 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:32 pm

What a great ride!! Sorry I left after the track time but with a 9 week old at home I was lucky to get out at all. Did I just say track time, WOW, I can't believe they let us on there, for a hour.

See everyone soon. And by the way, thanks for going north for a change.

Anyone other then me feeling out the wife about getting a membership there? (Not my wife, your own..) :D

Mano
I feel the need for speed! '06 Raven R1

Bird

Post by Bird » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:28 pm

Terry, You're right ... heard about the track at the movie tonight. Sure am sorry I missed out on the new track. Any chance the owner wants a group to show up every weekend and 'season' the track for him? Movie was good ... lots of laughs.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Firewa11

Post by Firewa11 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:40 pm

That was a totally awesome ride today... The track time was one of those things that would probably never happen again in a lifetime... how often do you swing by a track under construction and get clearance to go haul ass on it?! I really wish I would have brought my leathers but I still got to tear it up a bit!

:track:

It's definitely going to be interesting when this track finally opens up... the long straights had some rises and falls that easily brought the front up. I absolutely love the elevation change in that corkscrewish section, and that long right-hander that goes off-camber at the crest...

Thanks for leading the ride Terry! :grin: