Movie ride, July 15th

Ride Leaders, post rides
matadorCE
Achievement count: 0

Post by matadorCE » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:57 pm

It really could have been any one of us yesterday IMO. In all honestly if i hadn't known that FM 5 was full of gravel and that Bear Creek Rd. (where Chris went down) is also in bad shape beforehand, i would have probably gone down for sure.

Hope you have a quick recovery Chris and that your knee is just bruised and nothing more.

Aviconus
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by Aviconus » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:03 pm

as for the helmet yes its screwed. i think said heigth that a helmet can fall to the ground, is about the heigth of a motorcycle. so the crash made it a liability should, you crash again with the same helmet. im glad that you are ok and i hope your injuries heal quickly. how is your station taking the incedent?
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:05 pm

Get rid of the helmet or save it as a souvenir. I wouldnt use it for protection anymore. The integrity of the helmet has been compromised now, and I wouldnt trust it to save a life a second time. You are better off paying for new protection.

Aviconus

Post by Aviconus » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:06 pm

digi what was the fault of the downed bike? i think yamaha has a new bike curse. i low sided mine going 5 mph ina gas station p-lot (with the group on the way to ECR) sorry to hear bout the scraps. message mikes son stupidfast900 he really reasonable on paint prices.

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

Jett-road kill

Post by Jett-road kill » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:07 pm

I took a little slide on one of the conners while a truck was commin around, made me pucker up. but wasnt all that close. after that i started taking conners slower seemed that every conner had gravel on it.

glade to hear your ok and still looking forward to hopin back on 2 wheels.
Joe 06 R6

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...."WOW! What a ride!"

jr2

Post by jr2 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:48 pm

Glad your injuries are not that bad... (so a stolen bike, a dropped bike, a broken knee, ribs, helmet... hell of a first week with the club.. :D )...

That Helmet has served it's tour of duty.... it gave it's foam for your brain.... it's TU! Remember it with Pride... Go get another...

I had an accident years ago and wacked my Shoei pretty hard (my head was in it!!)... I was at an AMA race (watching) the next weekend and mentioned to a Shoei Rep that I figured that their helmet saved my life... He asked me if I still had it and could they get it and a description of the accident. I said sure and they sent me a box to mail it to them... I got a letter back from them a month or so later saying that they didn't get many "real" damaged helmets and that mine had been cut up to see what damage had occured and to let them figure out how to make the helmets better... the best part was they sent me a 50% off coupon for a new Shoei!!!

I still where Shoei today!!!! :cool:
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike as most people do in all their lives" Marco Simoncelli

digi

Post by digi » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:58 pm

Aviconus wrote:digi what was the fault of the downed bike? i think yamaha has a new bike curse. i low sided mine going 5 mph ina gas station p-lot (with the group on the way to ECR) sorry to hear bout the scraps. message mikes son stupidfast900 he really reasonable on paint prices.
Lowsided on a right, turning into the sonic parking lot. There was a bit of water in the drainage run... slip and slide.

I was doing about 5... maybe a little more, but not by much. Happened faster then I could blink.

I've got scrapes, but nothing that bad. Front cowl and lower right, and a linkage cover. I can repaint the linkage cover with some flat black spray. I am thinking about getting some replacement plastics, and sending the current ones off to get repainted.

You can ask blizz... I am sort of OCD about having spare things laying around. I think I found a cheaper place, but I didn't see 2007 parts listed, however, I think the 2006 parts will work in a pinch.

No, not changing colors... scrapes aren't that bad, and I like team blue. I did briefly think about yellow/black... maybe someday.

I did briefly think about race plastics, but no headlights then...
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

digi

Post by digi » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:02 pm

IraqiFreedomCombatVet wrote:Hey guys, how are yall doing? Like i said to Sean last night, i was very sorry and will pay for the damages, like he says shit happens, and well shit happened, i feel like shit right now not on my injuries but what i did to seans bike. again sean i am sorry very sorry. Thanks to all the guys who helped me, NEVER LEAVE A FALLEN COMRADE BEHIND good group of guys. I just got hold of some loose gravel and well gravity took over. as for my injuries i have 2 broken ribs, bruised knee with possible tissue damage (have to go back in 3 days for a follow up) and a concussion when my head hit the ground, the helmet saved my life and i thank god for that, as for helmet it was scraped and chipped, again im sorry to sean and to the group for having to stop the ride on my account. It wont keep me down i will be there again. Question: is my helmet still good? i heard once you hit it hard it is done for.
Wow! Ribs! Sorry bro... At least you were able to ride away, that's something to be thankful for.

Good news is that bikes are fixable, you are fixable... the helmet... well, it's dead.
The meaning of life is good sex and a fast motorcycle. I would combine the two, but I would end up wheelie-ing the girl and spooging on my bike.

dz

Post by dz » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:04 pm

IraqiFreedomCombatVet wrote:Hey guys, how are yall doing? Like i said to Sean last night, i was very sorry and will pay for the damages, like he says shit happens, and well shit happened, i feel like shit right now not on my injuries but what i did to seans bike. again sean i am sorry very sorry. Thanks to all the guys who helped me, NEVER LEAVE A FALLEN COMRADE BEHIND good group of guys. I just got hold of some loose gravel and well gravity took over. as for my injuries i have 2 broken ribs, bruised knee with possible tissue damage (have to go back in 3 days for a follow up) and a concussion when my head hit the ground, the helmet saved my life and i thank god for that, as for helmet it was scraped and chipped, again im sorry to sean and to the group for having to stop the ride on my account. It wont keep me down i will be there again. Question: is my helmet still good? i heard once you hit it hard it is done for.
Hey bro, you took it like a champ and rode away. Crashes always suck no matter what, but be thankful you were able to ride away when all was said and done.

Shit happens, but we stick together and move on.

IraqiFreedomCombatVet

Post by IraqiFreedomCombatVet » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:36 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement, im here at home taking some good pills woo hoo. I know that my helmet is done, i will keep it though for a reminder. Well my station is telling me to get better and well i will be in the office the next couple of days. Yeah all i wanted to do is get back on the bike and get it to sean's house that was my main priority and getting that baby fixed for him too. :cool: he will be back on his bike soon, as for me im getting on one also when i get it. again thanks and i will be seeing yall soon.
ONLY THE DEAD HAVE SEEN THE END OF WAR-PLATO

Bird

Post by Bird » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:47 pm

WTF?!? Just a short 'movie ride' and all hell breaks loose! :-( You never know when it's going to hit you ... the roads around here change from day to day. Sean, sorry about the bike, but at least Chris is in one piece. I think it would be hard to ride Angel again if it had been worse.

The helmet is toast ... don't even think about wearing it. Cut the straps off to avoid being tempted.

We remind everyone often that this is a DANGEROUS sport and you have to ride your own ride. Sounds like the Gremlins were just out to take Angel down ... bet she doesn't have a bell, does she? I'll PERSONALLY hang your bell, Avi, when you get her fixed up.

Chris, I hope you heal up quickly ... after all, you're among the country's finest, and should be able to rub some dirt on it and go on! :-)
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Grinner
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:48 pm

First off...
Chris...sorry to hear the busting ended up a little worse (hey, that's why we like those good pills) but am glad to hear you're doing good...
Get better and look forward to riding with you again...

Sean...sorry bout the bike...

I will say that for my first ride with ya'll it was quite interesting ( :-) :cool: :-) :-? :-) :D ) but completly fun and can't wait for the next one...
also, it was good meeting some new faces and look forward to more rides in the future...

Laters...
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

IraqiFreedomCombatVet

Post by IraqiFreedomCombatVet » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:43 am

Hello all, well im here back at work and trying to recruit some people. I drank water and moved on, my knee is doing better and my ribs still hurt a little bit but they will heal. never a dull moment here in the big TEXAS.

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer

Post by dufremle » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:16 am

Glad to hear you are doing better.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Aviconus

Post by Aviconus » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:46 am

around $350 and some paint from stupidfast900 (*thank god he kept what he didnt use*) and she'll be back to new again.

and what about ringing my bell mike?

Bailout

Post by Bailout » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:48 am

Aviconus wrote: and what about ringing my bell mike?
Rookies!
When the buildings look like buildings..........Get something in the WIND ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!
2004 V-Rod 1250
2010 48" Gravity Longboard
1999 Old Man corvette Convertible

Bird

Post by Bird » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:33 pm

Bird325 wrote:... I'll PERSONALLY hang your bell, Avi, when you get her fixed up.
Read again, Dimwit! :-o You should do some research about the legend of Motorcycle Bells.
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Aviconus

Post by Aviconus » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:02 pm

i dunno :-( if i should be honored or what but im assuming yes, if i read the right story.

http://home.earthlink.net/~doctorammo/id1.html

Bird

Post by Bird » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:07 pm

Yes, that gets the idea across. There are many different versions, but the bottom line is that the bell will protect you from the Gremlins. The bell MUST be hung by someone else that cares for you and your safety or they won't work.

Just to give you some idea of the superstitions involved, the Bird has a bell on it from before ... I don't dare take it off! When I sold my Beemer, the bell went with it and the guy thanked me for the extra blessings.
Mike

digi

Post by digi » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:22 pm

I thought you said, "balls".... I was like... WTF?

Super Dave

Post by Super Dave » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:06 pm

Mike, you supersticious old fart :-).............however ya spell it! :-(

IraqiFreedomCombatVet

Post by IraqiFreedomCombatVet » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:52 pm

call me crazy but i have my cross around my neck and i say an "our father" prayer and a "hail mary" and ask my mom and dad and brother to look over me before i ride, i just guess the gremlins were out on force that sunday bloody sunday, but i did walk away and not that banged up so i guess it did help a little. I will hang a bell on my next bike.

Bird

Post by Bird » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:42 pm

NO, YOU can't do it ... that's bad luck. :-( It has to come from someone else and they have to CARE about you. :-o

I would have hung a bell on StupidFast's bike, but I can't figure out where! :-) It's supposed to be close to the ground so the Gremlins (also known as Road Trolls) can hear it. You never know which wheel is going to be on the GROUND with him! :(

My Ex hung bells on the Beemer ... with a bow from her panties. She told me that it was to ward off the Road Ho's as much as the Road Trolls. It used to irritate me when they would ring until I realized that it wasn't the engine, it was someone CARING about me. That bow (and the reason) left my garage with the Beemer ... I bet it's still ON THERE.

If bells show up on your bike, be glad that someone cares ... they can only be removed and REPLACED by someone that cares even more! :grin:

Saying a prayer isn't a bad thing ... I do it every time we head out on a ride... quietly, to myself, I pray that we will all return safely to our families. I'm not an overly religous person, but I've been saved once by asking and I figure it's a lot better that what He/She is going to hear in the last few seconds before impact. :-)
Mike

The Doctor

Post by The Doctor » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:40 am

Stuck at work... :(