FWMR in 2018

This is the general Discussion area used for....General Discussions. Talk anything here just keep it clean and no spam.
Tooner
Club Member
Club Member
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

FWMR in 2018

Post by Tooner » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Happy new year to all. I just want to say Thank You to the organizers of this Forum. I have met amazing people and had some great experiences on the rides I have been on. Loco Coyote, Natty Flatts, Beacon Cafe are just a few places whose names I remember but every ride had a great small town feel and amazing food that I would have never found on my own.

Twisty back roads, the 677 bridge over the red river, the dam at Posum Kingdom Lake and many other scenic stops along the way I owe to the rides I've been on with this group. Looking forward to more rides this year.

I would have never found my favorite "Fun Day" activity which is track days with RideSmart without this group. I am not super fast or a super skilled rider, but I have a blast on track days and the skills I have learned on the track have saved my bacon on the street. A very big part of those days is being with members of this forum.

I don't want to list the names as I am sure to leave someone out, but Thank You for Leading rides, planning Bike Nights, helping me with maintenance advice and pointing out my "Duck Feet" and other bad habits!

Looking forward to 2018 and more great times with you guys!!!
Shane
Current ride and track: 2009 CBR 1000rr
2018 crf450r

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Re: FWMR in 2018

Post by dufremle » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Thanks, Shane! Happy New Year to you too!

:idea:

Hopefully the weather cooperates soon so we can get some more rides in.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner