Charity Motorcycle Ride!

Charity Events, out for some dirt riding, car trips, non club weekend trips, etc go here.
Grinner
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 25

Charity Motorcycle Ride!

Post by Grinner » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:51 am

Whats up Guys & Gals!!
My company is making an attempt @ their fist ever charity ride. :cool: :biker:
I figured that I would post the details to let everyone know and also see if anyone would like to get in on this ride. Plus I figured I would see if I could get a good turn out on the sportbike side of this so that I won't be the only one out there. Below are the details and if you have any questions, just let me know and I will get you an answer. Otherwise, post up and let me know you are coming along.
I will post up later in the week with a meeting time and place before hand so we can all ride down together to the starting point.
Nurse Kay wrote:Guys,

Plans for our 1st annual Charity Motorcycle Ride have been finalized. Hope you all are pumped and as excited as me!

· Orders for T-shirts HAVE to be in by the 20th. So get your money and T-shirt sizes to me, ASAP. Otherwise, you will have to take whatever t-shirt sizes are available.

· I will distribute the T-shirts on Thursday the 29th.

· Make check payable to Wings of Hope.

· All donating riders will have their names entered into a drawing for door prizes. Additional opportunities for getting your name AGAIN in the drawing include:

o Dropping a monetary donation in the bucket

o Having a co-rider participate

· You are welcome to invite other riders to participate; their donation must be the same.

SATURDAY, OCT 31st
Motorcycle Ride
Leaving from Home Depot in Cleburne at 9:00
Going to Willy’s Place in Hillsboro
And then to Wings of Hope in Egan

$25.00 a rider plus $10.00 for a passenger (t-shirt for everybody that pays to ride)

There will be a drawing at the end of the ride!
Now, I am not sure that their door prizes are going to be the same as the golf tourny they have but if they are, it will definitly be worth it to get in on this ride. Just as an example, one of the BIG door prizes from last years golf tourny was a 52" SONY BRAVIA LCD TV! :icon_shocked: Either way, I am going to be there and hope at least a few of you will be joining me.
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Post by dufremle » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:41 am

I might be in for this.

IF IT EVER STOPS RAINING!
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

WillK675
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:53 am

:icon_whs0be:
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

Bird

Post by Bird » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Sorry, Grinner, I'll be on the beach in Key West ... enjoying naked bodies. Gee, I wish I could be here to ride ... NOT! :-)
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

WillK675
Achievement count: 35

Post by WillK675 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:43 am

Bird, can I go with you instead? :-)
-Will
'07 Daytona 675
'09 Versys 650
'14 CB500
'20 MB200
When it comes to addiction Motorcycles are worse than crack.
"Brake fade is God's way of telling you to quit squeezing the coward lever and carry more corner speed, you pussy." - Rhino

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider

Post by dufremle » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:14 pm

Grinner, are you still doing this?
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Dragonfly
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Club Staff/Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by Dragonfly » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:26 pm

I'd be interested in participating!

Hey Grinner, if your going on this post up a meeting place and time. So some of us can join you.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Not all who wander are lost"

Grinner
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:52 am

Hey folks...there has been an unfortunate change in my plans for this ride. :(( Seeing as how much of a PITA this house buying has become, I will not be able to make this ride due to the fact that I may still be moving when the ride happens.
Now, I do have an offer for those that might still be interested in doing this ride...
I have already paid for me and a pillion to participate in the ride and would be willing to let someone go in my place if they so choose.
Otherwise it will not be happening. Thanks to all who have posted up your interest in this and I am very sorry for my personal matters keeping me from this ride. :(( :((
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6