157 to Venus

This is the general Discussion area used for....General Discussions. Talk anything here just keep it clean and no spam.
fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

157 to Venus

Post by fixxervi6 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:58 am

FYI 157 through to Venus has brand new surface
K1600

GRex
Achievement count: 0

Re: 157 to Venus

Post by GRex » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:49 am

Yes. I have been caught numerous times during the roadwork.

Unless they fixed it since the last time I was there, the new roadwork was piss-poor. There were numerous skipped spots in the new top, and the rough parts of the road were just paved over, not smoothed out first.
2009 Piaggio MP3 500
2010 White/Silver 14RR T-Rex
2005 Pearl White T-Rex (Sold)
IBA# 41997
Image Image

Grinner
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:44 am

Havent seen it but if irs anything like what they are doin around my territory its just a seal coat which is a waste of tax dollars. IMO
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

vrbryan

Post by vrbryan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:30 pm

I just rode it this morning. Pretty bumpy. I took it easy on it for the most part. I have no idea how that kind of surface responds to spirited riding. Didn't feel very good. Oh and that big bump that was in the middle of one of those corners...yeah still there but now its hidden. Just covered over it. :confused:

DarcShadow
Club Staff/Web Master
Club Staff/Web Master
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider
Achievement count: 45

Post by DarcShadow » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Grinner wrote:Havent seen it but if irs anything like what they are doin around my territory its just a seal coat which is a waste of tax dollars. IMO
:D
Being on the board that was in charge of repaving/repairing our roads I now know, the purpose of the seal coat is not to actualy fix anything. All a seal coat does is...well...it seals it. Ideally a seal coat should be applied every year or so in order to help prevent water from getting into the surface and wearing it away from the bottom up. Kind of like Thompsons Water Seal for your deck, or a good coat of wax on your car (protect the paint).

The problem, is too often the do a seal coat when there are major repairs that are needed, so most people see a seal coat as a waste.
I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life...Only to Arrive Safely at Death.
Attack Life! It's gonna kill you anyway.

http://www.facebook.com/DSDecals

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Yea, I think they just ruined one of the best roads in texas, there are already patches of patch missing in curves and that kind of surface doesn't make for the best traction.

FECK
K1600

CakeNinja

Post by CakeNinja » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:42 pm

Yup. That used to be my commute to work....... :(

They truly screwed it up. -so rough you really can't hear what your front wheel is telling you, and as far as stability is concerned,.. Fah-get-about-it!

Granted I have ridden some worse roads, it's just a shame that covered up my beautiful 157! and I had ridden it a couple days before Doomsday, and it was great. seems a huge waste.

Anyone know of any good roads down in the area? now? -(That are still smooth?)

Anyway, Stay safe, and if you wanna come down and see for yourself, Hit me up, I live down in Midlothian. (5 miles away from the start-(or end) of 157.

~Cake

armedandinsain
Achievement count: 26

Post by armedandinsain » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:29 am

I like 917 from FM 2738 into joshua
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling at the top of your lungs "Holy Shit...What a ride!"