Ride Leaders, post rides
dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Re: Late Notice Ride Tomorrow - Sat. Dec. 31

Post by dufremle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:52 pm

I have a feeling it's not going to hold up in court.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

Grinner
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:27 pm

I have restrictions about an officer using his phone for pictures of my ride and I. They have dash cams and also have all pertinent information relating to you once you gave it to him. The other thing about this is I will also refuse due to privacy and make them get a warrant for images. Especially considering all tge flak a guy up in the NE is catching for getting video footage of an off duty officer acting out of order while stopping him and tge state is trying to nail him with eavesdropping charges. I think this was last year when it happened.
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

Bailout

Post by Bailout » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:15 pm

dufremle wrote:He had me stand next to the license plate when he took the picture with his phone.

WTF???? I am all about unreal expectations of privacy while in public, hell look at what we went thru in Airports just so I can tell some douche bag peed a little in his pants.....but that my friend is federal property on which you lose all right to privacy and illegal search and seizure. So were you on US funded, state funded or county funded roads? Next time should you just hop the fence to "Private property and risk trespassing than being profiled and tagged?

Feels dirty, feels sneaky, feels wrong.......
When the buildings look like buildings..........Get something in the WIND ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!
2004 V-Rod 1250
2010 48" Gravity Longboard
1999 Old Man corvette Convertible

Bailout

Post by Bailout » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:17 pm

And why did he make you hold his phone?
:HeadScratch: :SideSplittingLaughter: :SideSplittingLaughter: :SideSplittingLaughter:
When the buildings look like buildings..........Get something in the WIND ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!
2004 V-Rod 1250
2010 48" Gravity Longboard
1999 Old Man corvette Convertible

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:33 am

I appriciate the info on it I just think that something needs to be done. You are not going to stop stunters this way. A stunter is going to run from you or are not going to care. I see this as being kinda like taking guns away..... the only people you will take guns from are the people who obey the law in the first place. The ones who are the problem dont care what the law says on it.... and some of the people who do care what the law says will still decide to keep there guns or get guns illegally. The only people you will stop is the ones that respect the law and respect officers. You stop them enough for BS and do crazy things then you will 1. make some of them not stop anymore and chance it (being more of a problem) 2. Make them stop riding there bike becuase they are tired of it which would make people happy I am sure but the same problem will still be there and it will most likely be worse.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer

Post by dufremle » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:04 pm

I've decided to fight the ticket. I'm going to call a lawyer on monday and see what he says.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

fixxervi6
Ride Leader
Ride Leader
Achievement count: 36

Post by fixxervi6 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:20 pm

dufremle wrote:I've decided to fight the ticket. I'm going to call a lawyer on monday and see what he says.
Curious how that goes, won't that cost more in the long run tho?
K1600

Grinner
Achievement count: 25

Post by Grinner » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:01 pm

Well considering that most attys will give free initial consult to decide if its worth their time...then if they do accept is usually because they will get you off with a dismissal or a more minor infraction that is not a moving violation.then you factor in the hassle of having to deal with it yourself plus not having to use your def drive or deferred...its worth it sometimes.
For me...ive dealt with enough tickets in my life that I save attys as the last resort being I have used my credits or the ticket is definitly bogus.
:D
Copper K3SV650S & K3SV1000S
Enjoy your Life...Don't Die Young Feeling Old When You Can Die Old Feeling Young!!
"Grinner is carrying the Black man-card, aka he has aquired enough man points his card is upgraded to the top teir." - fixxervi6

dufremle
Club Staff/Treasurer
Club Staff/Treasurer

Post by dufremle » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:11 pm

Here's my reasoning. He was on the on ramp to 820 when he turned on his radar. We were in the left lane, so his radar had to cross at least 2 lanes of traffic, with lots of other cars around us. He also couldn't pinpoint which bike was actually going that fast, if he even picked up the bikes. Most likely he got one of the cars, as traffic was moving at 70 to 75 mph at the time. I'll see what the lawyer has to say about it. I also wanted to find out if taking the picture was legal.
Jim

2024 Subaru Crosstrek
2017 Toyota 4Runner

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:38 am

I'd make the argument that you were profiled ~ so he could take the picture. The perv.
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-