Thoughts on females in the infantry.

This section can be controversial. All opinions and arguments are welcome. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Re: Thoughts on females in the infantry.

Post by Telomere » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:08 pm

fixxervi6 wrote: I'll say it again, men and women are not equals
Duh!!! You have 1 X and 1 Y chromosome and I have 2 X chromosomes...so we are different :)
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Michael
Achievement count: 0

Post by Michael » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:09 pm

fixxervi6 wrote: I'm curious on your views on how the MEN change when a female is introduced into the social dynamics of a group like that, any insight on that?
Well they would have to completely change the way they talk and act around the people in their unit under threat of punishment under UCMJ. I mean we're talking about 17-25 year old testosterone filled guys who live to get drunk, jump out of an airplane with a machine gun strapped to their side and gladly shoot people who are shooting back at them in close quarters combat. They would become like rear echelon units already are today where you can get busted for simply cussing, and naturally all the problems of sex, harassment, fighting, infidelity and pregnancy would be introduced into the infantry. If anyone can explain how that would NOT hurt unit cohesion, aggressiveness and readiness then I'm all ears. I prefer to be around crazy unpolitically correct pottymouthed guys who would jump on a grenade for me without a second thought and are closer to each other than they are their families. As long as they can turn back into normal citizens when we go home. People say we're the best fighting force in the world but then they give examples of other countries forces that they want us to be like. Canada? No I don't think so. But in reality, and I fully believe with the current White House that the infantry will be open to females, I don't think the number of female grunts will be enough to effect much except in the few units they will be in. I think the biggest effect will be in the lowering of the training standards across the board.
K6 GSXR750
K7 CBR600RR

Michael
Achievement count: 0

Post by Michael » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:15 pm

And for the record I have no problem with females being allowed in other combat arms jobs like armor, artillery, aviation, fighter pilots, ect. The infantry is just a different world.
K6 GSXR750
K7 CBR600RR

DemonDuck
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member
Riding Style: Intermediate Track Rider
Achievement count: 40

Post by DemonDuck » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:03 am

Good post. I stayed quiet for a while but these are all points I was hoping would be shown. In my experience it will not do anything good for our military.
~Jeremiah~ AKA DemonDuck
Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

2012 BMW S1000RR Red/White
2000 SV650 Track bike
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14 - Sold
1982 Honda CB750K - Sold

nitzer
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 8

Post by nitzer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Telomere wrote:
Michael wrote:
Telomere wrote: What years were you a Drill SGT at Fort Jackson?
D Co. 3-13 '99-'02
I was there summer of '95 and I just remember being a Delta Dog...I don't remember any other info but that is cool though.

I enjoyed it (I don't know if that is a good thing or not).
I was a Delta Dawg in Nov '92 at Jackson.
- Derek
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (SOLD)
2003 Suzuki SV650S (SOLD)
2008 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor (Street)

Winning hearts and minds...two the heart, one to the mind.

Telomere
Club Member
Club Member
Achievement count: 22

Post by Telomere » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:49 pm

nitzerebbhead wrote:I was a Delta Dawg in Nov '92 at Jackson.
What a small world this is!!
Chance favors the prepared mind.