SPORTBIKE RALLY

Ride Leaders, post rides
SRADkneedragger

SPORTBIKE RALLY

Post by SRADkneedragger » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:05 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm just dropping by again this year to take a minute and invite everyone to the 4th annual .
Iraan SPORTBIKE EXTRAVAGANZA Saturday April 21st in IRAAN Texas.
This Texas ONLY SPORTBIKE Rally! From a humble 150 SportBikes the first year this event has doubled every year in attendance with over 600 bikes last year! It was started by a local businessman and his wife due to the fact that there wasn't a SportBike rally anywhere for them to ride their bikes to.
Now granted Iraan Texas Isn't exactly in ANYONES backyard but it's definitely worth the trip for all of the freebies!
The rally proceeds go to the local Senior Citizens Center there is always a ton of raffle items (over $3000) with raffle tickets for a $1 DONATION per raffle ticket.
Each and every year the Sponsors have a FREE lunch with BBQ and chips and drinks for EVERYONE! Did I mention FREE? Admission is free and if you come early or want to stay late camping is free!
There is also FREE StuntShow/Stunt Contest (free to enter free to watch) here are few pics from last years
This is some of the Members Of HyperCycles San Angelo and Ft Stockton judging the contest
So Your next question is going to be just how many bikes REALLY showed up? well here are a few pics

OK OK there was more than that
Stunter parking

The trophies for the Stunt Contest were home made and here's a few pics of them

This is the group that rode over from Midland Odessa

Yeah Yeah I knew THAT was going to be your next question yeas there are girls and most of them RIDE THEIR OWN!
Every year the fine folks from
FAMILY POWERSPORTS (McKinny, Odessa San Angelo, Lubbock) also COSponsor so they bring down a bunch of gear and bikes to look at and sell.Image

This is open to ALL riders and ALL types of bikes this is simply a no attitudes fun for all get together.
About the ONLY things to buy are meals other than lunch Motel room if you stay over OH and T SHIRTS! Did I forget the TShirts? $20 can put you in one of these!
Lastly DEPENDING on how many show up we are planning on doing 50cc 2stroke and 100cc 4stroke dragraces! Iraan is basically a Ghost Town that is slowly drying up and blowing away so the local community LOVES to have the SportBike riders come out and boost the economy! Everyone there is super nice and even the Cops are laid back! Last year they were Radaring the wheelie contest just for fun! Anyway we really are hoping to see some of you guys and gals come out any questions can be posted here or go to
MOST-HATED-SPORTBIKES@Angryforlife.com or
ohddana@yahoo.com
SRADkneedragger

SRADkneedragger

Post by SRADkneedragger » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:26 am

Did I mention FREE BBQ? :-)
So anyone here going to make the trip down? Looks some of the guys from Houston and Austin are comning and some from San Antonio
SRAD

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:14 am

That's a long way to go for free BBQ!

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:28 am

It's also the same weekend as our club camping trip.