June 24th Moderate/Intermediate

Ride Leaders, post rides
beercap
Achievement count: 0

Post by beercap » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:22 am

...ya'll need to start squeezing things (I'll leave that to your imagination) :arrow:
to get strong fingers on yo' hands...

I've had that problem but it soon goes away when I get back with my
rowing excercises, arms and fingers get strong again, and the back can
widthstand Darc's 4-5 hours rides in the croth rocket lean position...

Beercap :neutral:

sckego wrote:I have the same problem as Avi... not to the point where I can't shift anymore, but after a long ride, my left hand and wrist is pretty worn out and sore. The clutch pull on the viffer is pretty hard, and it takes a fair amount of force to keep it in. I pop the bike into neutral at just about every stop because holding it in any longer then 20 seconds causes my wrist to start aching. Is there any way to adjust the force necessary to pull in the clutch?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9436/twins1zv7.gif[/img][/url][url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9751/opusfinalgf2.gif[/img][/url]

Bailout

Post by Bailout » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:57 am

Hugh Hefner has been providing a reasonably priced wrist strengthening exercise program for years!
:eek:
When the buildings look like buildings..........Get something in the WIND ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!
2004 V-Rod 1250
2010 48" Gravity Longboard
1999 Old Man corvette Convertible

Blizzard_1708

Post by Blizzard_1708 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:51 pm

Well, since no one else has mentioned it, I'm guessing no one knows.

I was in Cyclewerkz today talking to Dave. He told me one of the guys that came with him, left with him, went down on the way home. It was the guy who bought his old bike, the red 636.

Here is the story as I understand it. Dave and them were haulin a$$ to get back because the babysitter had to leave. The guy I guess wasnt very experienced and was out riding his abilities. He said he was "TRYING TO KEEP UP." The curve he lost it on was almost a switchback. I guess it was downhill to the left to start, leveled out a bit, then came back into a right and uphill. I guess he went wide on the left, and ended up putting his bike into a grass ditch and he went the other way back onto the road, and missed hitting a pole by about a foot. Dave said he didnt think the guy would have lived had he hit that pole so he was EXTREMELY lucky.

The guy got some good road rash on his legs, and hips, not much else besides some bruises, and did about $1000 damage to the bike.

Moral of the story is once again what we always preach. RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE. I don't know if anyone else really knew the guy, but I know we all wish him a speedy recovery, and thank god it wasn't any worse.

Bird

Post by Bird » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:28 pm

Thanks for the update, Blizz. Hope he recovers quickly and will SLOW DOWN a little in the future. Blizz was dead on with 'Ride your own ride' ... there will ALWAYS be someone out there faster and smoother than you are. Don't chase the rider in front of you ... know your limits and what you can handle.

Chris damn near had to come back and sweep up the pieces last weekend after I passed that tanker truck .... a drop off didn't present the corner soon enough at that speed. :D I always preach that if you're holding your breath, you're riding beyond your limits. Well, not only was I holding my breath, my ass hasn't relaxed since last SUNDAY. :-)
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:02 pm

Bird325 wrote:Well, not only was I holding my breath, my ass hasn't relaxed since last SUNDAY. :-)
What were you (or someone else) doing to your ass last Sunday? :mad:

Bird

Post by Bird » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:50 pm

Had you BEEN there at the back of the pack, you would have seen yours truly entering into a 60 mph corner (bike speed, not car) in triple digits, gathering up the pucker factor and telling myself two things .... Trust the Bike ... and CHRIS, GET MOVING, I'M COMING THROUGH!
Mike
It SUCKS to get old ... it sucks even MORE to realize it! Live for the moment every chance you get.

ZX9R

Post by ZX9R » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:10 pm

Bird325 wrote:gathering up the pucker factor and telling myself two things .... Trust the Bike ... and CHRIS, GET MOVING, I'M COMING THROUGH!
That was a very quick entry on that right hander. I noticed that there were alot of people not comfortable with there speed. Just remember that if you can't keep up there is no shame in slowing down. I did on my first few rides.
Riding around aimlessly will get you no where!

2000 ZX-9R
2005 ZX-10R
2011 YZF-R1

CrazyKuban
Riding Style: Advanced Track Rider

Post by CrazyKuban » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:22 am

AMEN. Two things: 1. Ride at your own pace. 2. If you have a sports bike invest in proper gear; jeans are not a whole lot of protection, so if you go down you are taking that risk. Anyhow people, I hope we learn from the others mistakes, and avoid having to pay the consequences. Have a bless day.
A brother is a friend given by Nature. Legouve.

SokoGsxr6

Post by SokoGsxr6 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:09 pm

CrazyKuban wrote:AMEN. Two things: 1. Ride at your own pace. 2. If you have a sports bike invest in proper gear; jeans are not a whole lot of protection, so if you go down you are taking that risk. Anyhow people, I hope we learn from the others mistakes, and avoid having to pay the consequences. Have a bless day.

AMEN BROTHER!
SokoGsxr6

2006 ZX10R
2008 Dodge 1500 Hemi