Pilot Power 2CT's

Aviconus
Riding Style: Novice Track Rider
Achievement count: 0

Pilot Power 2CT's

Post by Aviconus » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:30 am

these tires have been great. i figured i would give a small review on them incase anyone has considered getting these. The grip on these things are amazeing EXCEPT when it gets wet. these are DRY WEATHER tires. more often then not if i dont clutch through a puddle, and go from dry to wet i WILL lose traction. NOW, for those dry days, i can lean the hell out of these things with fairly agressive acceleration and not worry about traction loss if there is no debry on the road. i gave these suckers a rub down compared to the Diablo corsa tires and i could instantly feel the difference in compound. i do not know much about the corsa tires, but from that alone i would have chosen the 2CT's. The only fault with the tires being as sticky as they are is that they wear quicker then the normal compound tires. the price obviously varies between the two with my purchase costing $260 for rear only and around $240 for the corsa. but when it comes down to it, I HIGHLY recommend the Michelin Pilot Power 2ct tires.

your truly,

Meatball Avi!

*Edited to correct a few mis-spellings.*
IM ALWAYS LOOKING TO RIDE PM ME

[img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Aviconus/Family%20Pics/Angel.jpg[/img]

R.I.P. "Angel" some dick couldnt afford you legit so they stole you.

Firewa11
Achievement count: 49

Post by Firewa11 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:33 am

I'm going to give the 2CT's a try next time around. I've heard good things from just about everyone.

rnbcbr1000
Achievement count: 0

Post by rnbcbr1000 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:21 am

I agree, they have been great tires. I have had them on since last Sept and seem to get fairly good mileage out of them. Avi, quit doing burnouts with them and they will last, kids these days :-)

$260 for the rear only :-? Where the hell do you shop? I ordered them on ebay their first week on the market for $300, front and rear plus shipping.

No matter what these are my tires of choice until something better comes out. They are worth a try.
[url=http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3qf8.jpg][img]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8339/picture3qf8.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Jason

If you're not riding on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

U-Turn
Achievement count: 31

Post by U-Turn » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:15 pm

I put new tires on the bike, told the dealer to replace with the same, 2 Pilot Powers. I got a new Front Pilot Power, and a rear Pilot Power 2CT. I guess that's what they had in the store.
-
I love new tires. And these are something else. With my plain Pilot Power on the back, at extreme cornering I always thought my back tire was trying to hop out on me, but with only 1 year experience riding, and on the same tires I thought, what do I know. Well, tonight I was going thru the cloverleaf at 50 and rock steady.
-
Zoom Zoom Baby!
-
Sitting on the couch, watching TV, isn't living.
Triumph 955

txt 8..223.0762 to ride.
-